Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our 8 recruits!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,363

Our 8 recruits!!!!

Dec 11, 2008, 3:11 PM

I just wanted to say that I have a lot of respect for these 8 young men and I have never even met them. They have stayed with the Tigers through this whole ordeal and will be better men for it. It is very difficult for a 17-18 year old kid to give a committment, and stick with his word. These young men have done this under tough circumstances. I hope we get a lot more recruits for this class, but if not, I will be happy with these 8. I would like to especially thank Malicah Goodman who did not waver one bit in this whole mess. He is arguably the top recruit in the state of SC and he said he doesn't care who the coach is, he just loves Clemson. That's the type of kid I want representing this university.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Lou Holtz for Pwesident"

Re: Our 8 recruits!!!!

Dec 11, 2008, 3:31 PM

Amen! It says a lot for the player and our school when they choose to play here because it's Clemson instead of being dependent on who the coach is . I think we will get several more good recruits before February , but I think it's better to get good kids who really want to be a part of a program that is respected no matter who happens to be coach than to just fill a roster with people who liked one coach over another.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy answer: It's all WEZ.***

Dec 11, 2008, 3:53 PM

Dec 11, 2008, 3:36 PM

Agree. Says a lot about the maturity level of a kid not easily swayed by little bumps in the road that always hit this time of the year. You know who your real Tigers are!

The 'SLAB EIGHT' for Clemson football future!****

Dec 11, 2008, 3:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The attitudes of those guys are the very reason

Dec 11, 2008, 4:32 PM

why Clemson whips USCjr nearly every year.

They want to be at Clemson.

The others say they are going to an "sec" school or playing for a 'great' coach like SOS. They don't bleed garnet and want to play for the university of South Carolina. Get in, get coached, do weights get the hell out of Columbia in 3 years. Play some pro ball. Yeah man thats how it works down there.

Its the same for the coaches. Big Time SEC School with deep pockets. Coach there a few years, retire, get the hell out of Columbia.

The whole place is like some kind of puppy mill where people bide time then leave.

At Clemson...people like it. Congrats to those 8 for having the sense to see the bigger picture!

LOL... so what about the other 18 or so people you plan to

Dec 11, 2008, 4:39 PM

sign this year?

You saying that if Holloman or Gilmore decided to go to Clemson just because they thought it was the best way to the NFL (and nothing more) you would turn them down??

Of course not. Your comments about loving the school are honorable, quaint. but the fact is you nor your coaches really care which of the selling points got the kid to choose your school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

I am actually just adressing these 8.

Dec 11, 2008, 4:50 PM

Thats exactly 8 more than u have.
Apparently, U of scoots have zero coaches who want to be there other than money.

You can laugh all you want

Dec 11, 2008, 4:53 PM [ in reply to LOL... so what about the other 18 or so people you plan to ]

The difference is obvious on the field. The vast majority of our players seem to bleed orange. They are proud of this university and give it their all when playing South Carolina. The Gamecocks have a few players that seem to really want to be there and have pride in their school as well, but they seem to be the exception and not the rule.

You can laugh all you want to, but gtyoung10 hit the nail on the head. Your program is a joke. No history. No tradition. No pride. Until that changes, expect to get destroyed by the Tigers every November, regardless of your recruiting classes.

Believe me... I do laugh at someone that thinks he's going

Dec 11, 2008, 5:02 PM

to sign 25 guys that went to Clemson for no reason other than they just loved the Tigers.

I never said that. 8 is more than 0.

Dec 11, 2008, 5:12 PM

and

31 is more than 14(w/3 timeouts).

All this shows up on gameday!

Yeah... Chris Payne and Demario Jeffrey really don't like

Dec 11, 2008, 6:27 PM

USC much. I mean... they only recruited like crazy for us.

LOL.

Like i said... it's all very quaint talk. But it's no different at USC.

Dec 11, 2008, 4:47 PM

I could not agree more.

THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 11, 2008, 5:07 PM

nm

Replies: 13