Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greatest day as a Tiger student
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,220

Greatest day as a Tiger student

Nov 6, 2008, 10:53 PM

Yesterday as I was camping out to get the Duke tickets for IPTAY, my roommate and I decided we wanted to get our weekly dose of Mac's.

So we sit down at the bar and order our meals, which were delicious as always. As we're sitting there talking a man walked in the side door and I took a quick glance to see who it was. Then, a double take. I turned to my roommate and nudged him on the arm to get his attention and said "Dude that's Danny Ford!"

As Coach Ford made his way back towards the barstools, I greeted him by saying "Coach Ford, how are ya?" I figured he'd appreciate a college student who respected him as much as I do. Well, he proceeded to sit down right beside me and make some small talk with me. During his meal, he and Mac were sharing conversations the whole time...occasionally asking me some questions. It was friggin awesome!

The coolest part was when my roommate looked at me and said said, "there's a framed picture of Danny Ford after the National Championship game right behind Danny Ford." When I turned to look, I saw how great of a picture it was. But what made it cooler was when I noticed that you could actually see a reflection of Danny sitting at Mac's in that picture. It was definitely one of the coolest looking things I've ever seen!

So in my first semester here at Clemson, I have to rank that as one of my favorite moments. I got to eat the best burger in town from the best restaurant and I sat down beside Coach Ford and talked football with him. What could beat that???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Catch me on the Twitter: @ToddMitchum

Nice story...

Nov 6, 2008, 10:55 PM

hard for me to believe thanks to your signature....

But easy for me to believe thanks to Ford's personality!

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Re: Greatest day as a Tiger student

Nov 6, 2008, 10:57 PM

Lucky, man. I went to Mac's all the time just in the hopes of seeing Coach Ford in there, but it never happened. Great food though, and Mac is a hoot. I was actually in there the day Bowden got his extension, and there were a ton of unhappy people.

wish i could point you twice; for the story and the sig!!!!***

Nov 6, 2008, 11:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greatest day as a Tiger student

Nov 6, 2008, 11:31 PM

I also have many personal memories and casual conversations with Ford, Enjoy! Danny is a GOOD person and can chat with any one

a shake and chili fries ****

Nov 7, 2008, 12:26 AM

No doubt that was a good day...

Nov 7, 2008, 6:26 AM

but wait till you storm the field after we beat SCU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I thought it was going to involve a coed, but that's still

Nov 7, 2008, 6:56 AM

pretty cool. ;)

"Camping for Duke football tickets" ONLY in Clemson***

Nov 7, 2008, 7:49 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,220
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic