Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What was said, what was meant....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,314

What was said, what was meant....

Feb 17, 2008, 10:18 AM

In the post-game press conference yesterday, OP said "We talked before the game that this could be a huge, huge step if we could come here and win. And we did that."

What he meant was "If we want to prove that we're an NCAA caliber team, this is a game we MUST win."

And we did. In front of the most openly antagonistic crowd of the year (UNC and Duke might have been louder but it was just a game for them ... this was NC State's season) we struggled and slipped ... but won with a freshman's bravado and a senior's heart. Pretty dang huge.

But the win did more than push us ahead. It created a gulf of separation that only a monumental collapse could overcome. At 7-4 we've won 4 of our last 5 ACC games, two on the road, and opened a chasm between us and the other guys, still clinging to deck chairs of their Titanic seasons.

In most seasons, by this time Clemson basketball fans look at the standings and say "You know if Wake beats State, and FSU beats Maryland, then if we can beat Duke, we're in a three-way tie for sixth! Then if we can win a couple of games in the tourney...it could happen!"

Not this year. This year that's someone else's daisy chain of dreams. This year we carve our own destiny, set our own course.

This year, Clemson isn't some forelorn little matchstick girl watching the dying embers of dreams. We are Shiva, the destroyer of seasons.

And it feels a whole lot better to be here.

Congratulations guys. Keep on trucking.

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now the Maryland game becomes HUGE!***

Feb 17, 2008, 10:20 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Don't overlook FSU, play them one at a time***

Feb 17, 2008, 10:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he's on the team.***

Feb 17, 2008, 11:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, the FSU game is bigger.

Feb 17, 2008, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Now the Maryland game becomes HUGE!*** ]

Rev, you've got a great way with words. Glad you're on our team.

I think he may be a professional***

Feb 17, 2008, 11:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: What was said, what was meant....

Feb 17, 2008, 10:35 AM

What senior's heart are you refering to?

Sam Perry: My favorite senior....

Feb 17, 2008, 10:47 AM

I count it no small coincidence that our play this past month has coincided with his return to health. Years from now, should this season merit memory, Tiger fans will remember most of the stars with no problem.

Sadly many may forget Sam Perry. His numbers don't pop out, injuries hobbled him for a year and a half. He may well fade into the background of history.

But those who know how important his defense has been to the success of this team will remember. I'm delighted he got a chance to thrust that dagger into an opponent for all the world to savor.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll remember him, and yesterday's game for a long time

Feb 17, 2008, 11:08 AM

Ogelsby's 3pointer was huge. It temporarily curbed the momentum NC State had at the time. Then State had a chance to get right back in it, with an authoritative dunk by Hickson. Enter Sam Perry. Perry's block
left all momentum in Clemson's favor to end the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev, were you, by any chance,

Feb 17, 2008, 11:10 AM

Happycat in a previous incarnation?

They both have a way with words that's for sure. ******

Feb 17, 2008, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honored, but nope. Happy can never be replaced.***

Feb 17, 2008, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Rev, were you, by any chance, ]

Jeeez Louise...

Feb 17, 2008, 12:20 PM

that's some impressive writing. I will now put on my Clemson clothes and go out and run through a brick wall.

GO TIGERS!

Excellent post Rev! ********

Feb 17, 2008, 12:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are Shiva...destroyer of seasons.

Feb 17, 2008, 12:47 PM

YEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev, "forlorn little matchstick girl"

Feb 17, 2008, 3:01 PM

watching the dying embers of dreams??????????

I was with ya, until that sentence. It reminded me of lit class in college. I never could see the "real meaning" of whatever it was that we were reading.

Teacher: The dying dog is a metaphor for a long lost relationship that the girl never had with her father.

Neal: ####, I just thought her dog died.

My only C at Clemson was in English, and I never made higher than a B in any English class :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For that insight, you get point #3000!

Feb 17, 2008, 5:26 PM

I'd launch into a treatise defending the imagery, but naw!

Let's just become Horatio Algier instead....

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic