Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah, I've been down on Tommy and Spence after Saturday...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Yeah, I've been down on Tommy and Spence after Saturday...

Oct 9, 2007, 10:36 PM

but it makes me sick to see the "Fire Tommy" crap and the "The Clemson football I knew and loved is dead" posts on here. Let me tell you what I saw last Saturday: I saw a team and coaching staff that could have laid down after the 1st half and accepted a blowout loss against the Hokies but instead fought back and got back in the game. If it wasn't for that BS ref call giving the fumble back to VTech when there was no physically feasible way the Vtech rb could recover his own fumble with his back to the ball who knows that our offense couldn't have gotten in position to make some overtime happen. Yeah I know we needed 8 pts to tie and it was improbable at best but we did not give up. Color me optimistic but the season is only half over. Who's gonna replace Tommy that would be acceptable? Danny is happy on his farm and if he did come back you'd be calling for his head too after his first couple of losses. I'm proud to be an alumni and proud to wear the orange and represent whenever I can here in the middle of Bulldog and Yellowjacket country. Tommy may not be the best gameday coach out there but he has consistently managed our football program with class and dignity. I'm glad I don't have to read about Clemson players being arrested or our program facing NCAA sanctions for violations. Not too many alumni from other programs can say the same. Nobody is more disappointed than me after these last 2 weeks but my blood runs orange forever. Let's get behind our players and coaches and get over the finger pointing and recriminations.
Offer void in Columbia and where prohibited by law.
Flame away...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weren't we down by 11 at that point when Ore fumbled?

Oct 9, 2007, 10:37 PM

But I agree with most of the rest of what you are saying.

Re: Weren't we down by 11 at that point when Ore fumbled?

Oct 9, 2007, 10:45 PM

you're probably right, I had turned off the vcr at the end of the 1st half and started pounding bourbon but I hope the character and guts we showed in the 2nd half will help us turn the corner in the remaining games.
Go Tigers!!!!

You missed a lot of character from our players...

Oct 9, 2007, 10:54 PM

if you didn't watch the second half. Obviously, the first half was awful, but they did try to make a game of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that should make them feel better.....***

Oct 9, 2007, 10:48 PM

Re: Yeah, I've been down on Tommy and Spence after Saturday.

Oct 9, 2007, 10:51 PM

Points for disgusting thread title.

lol, point for the laugh. I did not catch that at first.***

Oct 9, 2007, 11:01 PM

I've supported Tommy ever since he's been here and I think

Oct 9, 2007, 10:56 PM

he's done a great job improving our program. And you're right, he does a great job graduating players and keeping them out of trouble. However, our talent has improved under Tommy and our record has not. I respect him, but he's not going to take us to the next level. It's time to move on.

i wish everyone could see this.

Oct 9, 2007, 10:56 PM

great post

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Confederate flag is not racist. If you would like to hate a flag based on racist actions that took place under it, perhaps you should focus your energy on the American Flag.
before any of you criticize my sig, please understand the facts

lets point it to the HOF, then!!

Oct 9, 2007, 10:59 PM

I agree with what he said, here's a point for it.

We have seen it...

Oct 9, 2007, 11:03 PM [ in reply to i wish everyone could see this. ]

It's been posted 500 times. I've posted it. But I see no reason to constantly rail the man over and over and over and over.

I might not think he can take us to the next level, but the absolute utter, hateful garbage put on this board is sickening and classless.

Many on here are cheering that everybody is "coming to their senses" and "seeing it their way." Way too happy about Tommy's failings, and consequently Clemson's failings, for me to ally with.

So if it's okay, I will continue to pull for Tommy while he's here. His success means Clemson's success as of October 9, 2007.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there's one thing I'm not happy about, it's that Tommy

Oct 9, 2007, 11:07 PM

and our team are failing. I'll support him and our team until the end of the season like I always do. Then I'll support TDP when he hires a new coach.

Fair enough if that does happen...

Oct 9, 2007, 11:09 PM

I will not argue about it.

And, I had no problem with your post...

Oct 9, 2007, 11:12 PM

I was just responding to the garbage that I've read on here tonight and the idea that a lot of people have not gotten the Tommy-needs-to-go idea through their "thick skulls."

While I agree with your premise...

Oct 9, 2007, 11:09 PM [ in reply to We have seen it... ]

I can only find myself pulling for change over pulling for this HC.

They have done well for Clemson, they have achieved all that they are capable of achieving, IMO. They have recruited well, represented well, graduated well, and have won an average number of games - they need to win more, however I think they have proven in 9 years that they cannot win more, and we should shake their hands at the end of the season, thank them for the memories, and try and find somebody who can make Clemson football happen again.

I feel the same way...

Oct 9, 2007, 11:36 PM

I am pulling for change to take place this year. Sure, Bowden's history here would not indicate that happening, but while it's still the 2007 season, I'm hoping for the best.

I have put the VT loss squarely on the coaches. The fact that we would come out that flat, with all that we knew, all that was on the line, all that the nation expected (a flop), is inexcusable.

However, at this point we may be playing semantics. You posed the question above to GBS that believing the team will only win 2 more games was not giving up on the team. Does that mean that 6-6 is the season you want? If it's not, then haven't you really given up on the this team and season?

Sure, it may be a cop out. Sure, if this team plays like it has the last 2 weeks, we may only win 2 more games. But I'm really hoping that we get our act together regardless of what has happened over the last 8 1/2 years. Whether Bowden gets fired or stays will not play into any agenda I have. I just want the Tigers to go 10-2 in 2007 and I'm just naive and optimistic enough to think it may happen.

I think you are spot-on, and I think we see this eye-to-eye.

Oct 10, 2007, 12:01 AM

I hope we go 10-2, I also hope we have a regime change at the end of the season, as I feel 10-2 would only be flash in the pan.

To me, this is part of the fun. Speculate, see what happens, see how what we thought would happen didn't necessarily happen. All guessing until the season ends. Keeps the weeks interesting.

Bear in mind that......

Oct 9, 2007, 10:58 PM

the backlash you are witnessing is a result of 8 years of mediocrity which has been predicated on making bad gameday decisions as well as some questionable hires--ie our current OC. Much that goes on here on the main board is tasteless, rude and uncalled for. TB nor RS are intentionally screwing up--they are trying their best. Unfortunately, it is not working out and frustration fueled into anger prevails in many. Waiting for the results and the change can be frustrating as well. Bottom line, we need a change but we dont have to be ^^$holes about it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm afraid most of the backlash is coming from more...

Oct 9, 2007, 11:04 PM

than just last saturday against VT or agains GT. It has more to do with every season seeing a team that is outcoached/out-motivated show up 3-4 saturdays per fall. A team who is more talent than 80% on its schedule only winning 60% of its games.

This IS an ongoing problem, not just a last 2 weeks problem.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic