Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know the Carolina fans are...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

You know the Carolina fans are...

Dec 7, 2006, 4:35 PM

Interesting for the most part. First of all congrats on the win. Your guys played better than our guys and won and now the Gamecock nation for the most part is proclaiming that now Clemson is toast. A little history if you will.

1975-new usc coach jim carlen beats his arch rival in his first try 56-20 the gamecock nation proclaims that they now own clemson. well that was until 76,77,78

1979-same coach carlen but now with future heisman winner george rodgers the coots win a tough one 13-9. Once again the coots have passed clemson and its on to bigger and better things.(80,81,82,83)

1984-the year of black magic is upon us and at the end of that magical season joe morrison's ##### defeat clemson by one point. again proclaiming dominance(1985)

1986 tie it sucked

1987-possibly the best usc team in the modern era dismantles clemson 20-7 its over no way clemson recovers.

88,steriods,new coach 89,90,91

92 the ##### weather a players revolt to win several games in a row and behind the brash frosh steve tanneyhill beat clemson. Its really over now right?
(93)

94-brad scott starts new coot legacy of at least beating clemson every other year until 1997.

2001- the third year of the lou era brings an impressive win over the tigers it is now time for it to begin.02,03,04,05

2006-now in an impressive display of coaching(yes credit where its due. the spurrier led coots have done it again. Now its really is over but from a historical standpoint is it really?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*******DISCLAIMER********* My intent of this post was not to upset the manginas who frequent some of the boards.

This info is entirely to accurate for me.***

Dec 7, 2006, 4:38 PM

Again, more evidence of what happens...

Dec 7, 2006, 4:46 PM

When people fail to remember their history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

History repeats itself.***

Dec 7, 2006, 4:48 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

31 to 28... this is the default response from the winning

Dec 7, 2006, 4:52 PM

team right? Scoreboard?

Wait... I think i just figured out why you hate me.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Re: 31 to 28... this is the default response from the winning

Dec 7, 2006, 4:54 PM

LoL not quite. I hate no no more today than I did after 63-17. Nice try though.

*******DISCLAIMER********* My intent of this post was not to upset the manginas who frequent some of the boards.

Does scoreboard roll off the tongue as easy as WTNY yet?***

Dec 7, 2006, 4:55 PM [ in reply to 31 to 28... this is the default response from the winning ]

Hello, Mr. Hyde.***

Dec 7, 2006, 4:55 PM [ in reply to 31 to 28... this is the default response from the winning ]

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm cordial... to MOST tnetters. But admittedly certain

Dec 7, 2006, 5:01 PM

people are more entertaining for me.

That Jeckyl dude is fairly cool, for a coot.***

Dec 7, 2006, 5:05 PM

I'm freakin awesome either way.

Dec 7, 2006, 5:10 PM

:)

ummm...Whatever.***

Dec 7, 2006, 5:18 PM

POTMFnD***

Dec 7, 2006, 4:53 PM

76clemson had this sign in his shop in 1984.

1980-1984

It took Five years
Three coaches and
One lesbian
For USC to beat Clemson ONE Time.

May not be exact, but close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one lesbian?***

must be a Pam Parsons reference***

Dec 7, 2006, 4:55 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pam.***

Dec 7, 2006, 4:56 PM [ in reply to one lesbian?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know about the SI story, and the love affair, and the

Dec 7, 2006, 5:07 PM

perjury, but how did that affect USC football?

There is a reason they have not beaten us atleast two times

Dec 7, 2006, 4:55 PM

in a row since they won in 1968, 1969, and 1970. Thirty-six seasons have come and past and they can't get it done. There have been cultural differences, for this game alone, between the states of both programs since. The difference obviously helps us more.

There is no proof in what I am about to say, other than wins in Williams-Brice, but I really think our success there comes down to the attitude that the fans and the players seem to have about the game. The attitude stems from Gamecock fans thinking of Clemson as "the little ole farm boy team" from the rural upstate that shouldn't be nearly as good as our team with power down here in the state capital of Columbia. I firmly believe that this affects the players (especially after we have lost the year before)and we come out ready to play down there. Clemson has an us against the world mentality in this game and because we have been much better than them at times has translated into really lopsided wins. 45-0, 41-27, 63-17, etc. I hope the media and the fans keep telling them that they are now way better than Clemson. I have a feeling this will change for a while under Spurrier, but in the long run will always be the same.

I don't think that the players think that. Many of them

Dec 7, 2006, 5:09 PM

played together at some point prior to college.

I do have a theory though. It's a combination Clemson's success, and some poor decisions made by the USC administration. I do not think it's an accident that Clemson's domination truly began with the year that Charlie Pell took over at Clemson (no i'm not suggesting that it was cheating). I'm suggesting that it was hiring him that eventually in my mind lead to your National Championship. And THAT was truly when the separation began.

Clemson always lead. But for the 40 years prior to 1980 the series was 19-19-2. I realize Pell came around 1976, but what he did, from a player personnel and reputation standpoint, in my opinion, laid the groundwork for the domination that has taken place over the last 3 decades.

That very turning point for Clemson is what gives me hope that it can one day turn for USC also.

Toog, that's a big-time self-serving stretch and a great

Dec 7, 2006, 5:35 PM

example of Coot Logic !! Try again, please. My tilt buzzer just went off, loud and clear !!

Re: You know the Carolina fans are...

Dec 7, 2006, 5:10 PM

Steve Spurrier.

Lou Holtz. Brad Scott. Etc.

Dec 7, 2006, 5:48 PM

We've heard it before. When Lou came, the constant statement we heard was this: "We're on the way up. Clemson is on the way down."

Right. Unless y'all were referring to "on the way up to the jail house," this didn't work out so well.

After Brad Scott in 1994, y'all claimed the Curse was dead and you were on the way to greatness.

Sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic