Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Update

May 30, 2021, 9:55 AM

Well, it now has been around ten days since Shingles decided to pay me a visit. I think the medicine prescribed helped. The intense burning pain is no longer a problem. I still have some discomfort as the healing process takes place. As of now it will take several more weeks as I see it, for a complete recovery.

I, would like to thank all of you, that offered your kind thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,
PGS15

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not fun

May 30, 2021, 10:01 AM

Had them once, hope never again. Mine took 3-4 weeks to go away while on the antiviral.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update

May 30, 2021, 10:56 AM

Wish you a speedy recovery.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2021, 10:59 AM

I honestly feel for you bc, I have seen my wife suffer through some pretty serious attacks from the Shingle virus. She was on that pill for a long time, but it doesn't help until you know you're about to have a breakout, and that is to late to effectively stop the breakout before she was in all that pain the Shingles cause. A couple/few years ago, she got that shot that was suppose to stop those breakouts, and they do to an existent, but she still has to take those pills when she feels that she is about to have a breakout.

I know that before the shot, in the belt line area of he waist, those breakouts looked like they were severely pisssed off, and I just don't know how you folks with the shingle virus deal with those attacks as a part of your life. When they would get really bad on my wife, she had to where those Muumuu dresses that are really popular with Hawaiian women. But I can't imagine how you would look wearing a Muumuu dress;) LOLLOL!!!! But I would suggest trying that shot, it does help to prevent those outbreaks, not a 100%, but I would say 80-90%!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2021, 12:11 PM

Good luck Purple. I'm looking forward to the next fishing story.

I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this.

May 30, 2021, 12:53 PM

It has been a year since I got shingles and I still have nerve pain in my eye.

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this.

May 30, 2021, 11:26 PM

Prayers for relief for your eye.

May 30, 2021, 1:19 PM

Shingles is straight from ####! Get the shot if you haven’t. You will never know the agony you have spared yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Survival rate is better than Covid

May 30, 2021, 8:39 PM

You should skip the vaccine

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't skip the shingles vaccine!!

May 31, 2021, 10:04 AM

Seriously....I could still lose my eyesight. About 15% of folks who get shingles have eye involvement. Besides....the pain anywhere is just awful.

Sadly, I am too young for the vaccine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2021, 11:24 PM

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Prayers for continued improvement.

Reminds me to schedule my shot

May 31, 2021, 10:10 AM

don't want to deal with that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2021, 4:07 PM

I feel for you and wish you a speedy recovery. I had them about 10 years ago. They started on my neck and ended up all over my scalp and face. It was awful. That burning pain went all through my head. I remember asking the doctor if I could have a drink while taking the pain killers and his response was that he wouldn't advise, but would probably do it if it were him! God bless you and good luck with your recovery.

I had shingles once when I was 18

May 31, 2021, 4:21 PM

No fun at all. Pain in the a..., actually it was a big pain in the ribs.

Thought I somehow got poison ivy from carry wood from the shed to the house. It was on my right side, over the ribs. For several days I kept picking at it, while putting some old timey "pine oil" on it.

Burned like heck and sore as all get out for days until someone finally said, "I think you got shingles". Went to the Doctor and sure enough that's what it was. I'd been torturing myself for a week with some old pine oil for nothing.

Got me some antibiotics on a Wednesday and 3 days later won the Mile & 2 Mile at the Va Indoor state meet.

With the antibiotics, I was back to normal in about 10-14 days so hoping you are feeling better soon!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic