Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigerboard is turning into a hate-fest...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Tigerboard is turning into a hate-fest...

Mar 22, 2006, 1:50 PM

The level of hate between Carolina and Clemson fans has grown exponentially in recent years. Who can really say why. It's not healthy though. I know that.

(And before anyone suggests that I should look into my own hateful comments about Clemson... go look at my posts first... I clearly have a lot of respect for Clemson athletics and academics).

The hate is rising however between the fans on either side of the proverbial aisle also. Why? Can people not stand it when someone has a different point of view?? Is that really so bad?

I'd love to see Tigerboafrd go back to the days of HappyCat. Alas... I don't see it happening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

They hate because they want, yet cannot have....

Mar 22, 2006, 1:52 PM

...and I'm sure if happy drops in on occasion, he weeps.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happycat was actually lurking as recently as yesterday....

Mar 22, 2006, 1:55 PM

but sadly, he no longer posts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's cool to know nevertheless.***

Mar 22, 2006, 2:01 PM

I have no problem with SoCar fans as long as they...........

Mar 22, 2006, 1:54 PM

admit that we are superior in athletics. We have proven over the last 30 years that we are far better. My hate is only for the ones that can't admit that and they try to "spin" some crap about them being just as good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's because kids are being exposed to the internet earlier

Mar 22, 2006, 2:00 PM

every year...

It's the nature of the beast

Mar 22, 2006, 2:00 PM

10,000 users in 2000 vs. 60,000 users in 2006.

You want to see how Tigernet used to look? Go to the Donor Board (not you though Toogie....we like our slice of Clemson heaven).

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've posted on the Donor Board from time to time. :-)***

My hate has not grown any at all lately

it is at the same high level it always has been.

I am, however, ok with COOT fans that are sensible (very few).

True dat: I don't hate anybody, but I don't suffer fools....

Mar 22, 2006, 2:03 PM

...which means a lot more work, since the fool quotient seems to have risen dramatically over the years.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

feel free to leave anytime

Mar 22, 2006, 2:02 PM

if you can hear me from your soapbox.

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

lol***

Re: feel free to leave anytime

Mar 22, 2006, 2:09 PM [ in reply to feel free to leave anytime ]

before morons like you and your kind i never really had any kind of hatred for the coots. just wanted to beat them in every sport. but people like you take all the fun out of the rivalry. i have very good friends that are coots but it is even now hard to talk with them about sports because of you and your kind. you my friend are a disgrace.

That is what he is talking about.....

Mar 22, 2006, 2:12 PM

listen, you don't have to like Toogie, or me, or any one else for that matter, but why should what Toogie has to say change your opinion of other people? It's well and good for it to change your opinion of Toogie, after all he said it.

I don't judge my friends that happen to be Clemson fans based on Telsa, RMH and others here that I find to be unappealing!

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

I agree. but when you work all day and chat on tigernet

Mar 22, 2006, 2:15 PM

you automatically see carolina fans as being like _________(fill in the blank). Its not right, but thats the way it goes for me. So when a carolina fan gets on here and starts running his mouth I think that most are like him. Sorry.

I guess we differ on that......

Mar 22, 2006, 2:17 PM

I assme that these places are filled with a different element.... I went ot law school with so many Clemson grads that I call close friends (these guys were in my wedding and I was in theirs) that I know you can't judge a fan base on one or two or even a few dozen posters.... Goodness I wouldn't want all of Gamecock Nation judged based on me any more than I would think yall waould want me to judge all of you based on Paws and Stripes....

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

nothing wrong with you. but there are some morons out there

Mar 22, 2006, 2:18 PM

that can't accept defeat.

I think that's part of being a fan.......

Mar 22, 2006, 2:21 PM

ask yourself, do you accept the fact that Wake Forest has beaten you team, what 2 of the last 3 times you've played.... there is no doubt that the USC/Clemson rivalry (especialy in my life time) has been lopsided, but that doesn't mean I should just roll over and give up does it?

- catahoula

wak has beaten us 2 of the last 3 times we have played

Mar 22, 2006, 2:24 PM

they are better. no problem saying that here. I don't roll over, but I am not talking crap to them either.

On that we agree......

Mar 22, 2006, 2:27 PM

I have sworn and think I have stood by that swear, to not talk smack about Clemson football, really even talk criticaly about Clemson football until we beat you on the feild... it's been four long years and with little to no exception I beleive I've stood by that... but, I am still a Gamecock fan and make no apologies for it, I still defend my school and team from what I see as unwarrented attack and will contiue to do so...

- catahoula

Sadly Wagner I've got a meeting.....

Mar 22, 2006, 2:29 PM

I hate to run off, but the office calls... to be continued I'm sure!!!

Paddyd

- catahoula

Re: Sadly Wagner I've got a meeting.....

Mar 22, 2006, 2:30 PM

lock the door behind you. from the inside. lol

You shouldn't give up, but I DO give Wake Forest much

Mar 22, 2006, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I think that's part of being a fan....... ]

respect for defeating us. I DON'T go on their message board and start trash talking and coming up with a million excuses as to why they beat us. After the WF losses I was upset, but at the same time very complimentary of Jim Grobe and was he is able to do at a school who thinks of football as a ####### stepchild to Basketball. I actually have Wake fans who talked a little trash after the game and rightfully so. I didn't say "wait 'till next year" or "we we're beat up from playing Miami & FSU" or any other BS. I took it, gave them their props, and moved on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I need to add that if you dislike Toogie, or me, or anyone..

Mar 22, 2006, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I guess we differ on that...... ]

else that is completely you perogative. I'm not telling you that Toogie or I or any one else is a greta person and should be loved unconditionaly...

- catahoula

I was the best man in a Tiger wedding. I guess he's not

Mar 22, 2006, 2:21 PM [ in reply to I guess we differ on that...... ]

a true Tiger fan.

I've got a Dawg, a Coot, and a Red Raider in my wedding.

Mar 22, 2006, 3:48 PM

I'm not sure what that makes me. :)

sounds like you let t-net run your life. time to walk away..***

Mar 22, 2006, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I agree. but when you work all day and chat on tigernet ]

The Confederate flag is not racist. If you would like to hate a flag based on racist actions that took place under it, perhaps you should focus your energy on the American Flag.
before any of you criticize my sig, please understand the facts

Exactly.***

Mar 22, 2006, 2:19 PM [ in reply to That is what he is talking about..... ]

Toogie and his self-righteous indignation

Mar 22, 2006, 2:21 PM [ in reply to That is what he is talking about..... ]

Tony Morrel and his "All prospect to USuC" articles.

Rusty the Rooster, TrooperDel, everyone of you f--ktards who still ran your mouth after 63-17 and 29-7, or anyone under 35 who has never even been alive for a winning streak of 2 games against us.

Do you know why I hate you with the heat of 1,000 exploding suns?

Ever see GT fans run their mouth to UGA fans?

Ever see Vandy fan run their mouth to Tennessee fans?

UAB to Bama or Auburn?

Texas Tech to Texas?

Ohio to Ohio State?

About as often as Haley's Comet flies bye is as often as you see that. Sure now and again, but for the most part, and 99% of the time that cesspool of inbreeding at FGF is all delusion all the time. We own you in friggin EVERYTHING. The only sport where you have an overall winning record against us, we have a 2 game winning streak.

Then on a Clemson board, scumbag coots with agendas pop up and lecture about hate.

UNBELIEVABLE

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

Preach on brotha . . .preach on!***

Mar 22, 2006, 2:26 PM

The reason we don;t see fans of those schools going back

Mar 22, 2006, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Toogie and his self-righteous indignation ]

and forth is because we are surrounded by them every day.

A lot of those you mentioned are not rivals either. Like it or not USC and Clemson are rivals regardless of Clemson's success over USC.

But I do agree with Paddy, that you are representative of what of what I was talking about. By the way... I wasn't discussing FGF or any other board for that matter. I can't remember the last time I looked at FGF much less posted anything there. I was talking about Tigerboard. And for the most part, the Gamecocks that post here, though they don;t always agree with tigers, they generally respect Clemson academics and athletics.

I'd disagree with your last sentence

Mar 22, 2006, 2:30 PM

thebaptistcock is the only Gamecock poster I've seen on here in the last 4 years who didn't have some type of agenda.

Spur2001 is a good guy, but he's more of a chatter than a poster.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can say I have an agenda. But it does not change

Mar 22, 2006, 2:33 PM

the absolute fact that I have a lot of respect for Clemson athletics (including teams, coaches, and administration).

Like Paddy though I am Gamecock through and through and I won;t let someone trash my teams unfairly. But defending one thing does not inherently disrespect the other.

we are rivals with UGA.....

Mar 22, 2006, 2:32 PM [ in reply to The reason we don;t see fans of those schools going back ]

but I don't run my mouth b/c what leg do I have to stand on?

Your moronic fanbase should do the same.

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

Well yes, I do see one of those...

Mar 22, 2006, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Toogie and his self-righteous indignation ]

Ever see GT fans run their mouth to UGA fans?

Yes, they still do talk after we own them in basketball, football, and baseball

Re: That is what he is talking about.....

Mar 22, 2006, 2:23 PM [ in reply to That is what he is talking about..... ]

why would you even want to come to a site where 95 % of the people hate your guts. i have never been to a gamecock site, much less posted stuff on there i knew would just #### off everyone on there. just leave and all the hate will magically disappear.

What a wonderfull world that would be.....

Mar 22, 2006, 2:25 PM

everyone has the same point of view...
You know, there are several people here I'd use the term "friend" for, there was also a time when 95% of this crowd did not hate my guts.....

- catahoula

Nobody expects you to have the same point of view . . .

Mar 22, 2006, 2:28 PM

just don't expect to come on a Clemson board and find a lovefest after the crap we hear on the street from a University that gives us nothing but disrespect and excuses after we continue to defeat them in their favorite sport.

You'll please notice that I also mentioned the growing

Mar 22, 2006, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: That is what he is talking about..... ]

hate-fest that seems to be cropping up among Tigers also.

I'm not just talking about the hate for Gamecocks on this site. That's a little easier to explain.

Tiger's are chippy with each other here too.

Just a reflection of society as a whole.

Mar 22, 2006, 3:50 PM

Look around these days. That's pretty much how it is. People pretty much only care about themselves, and their own opinions. It's not a Clemson, or USC thing in my opinion.

In the words of a famous American

paraphrased "Can't we just all get along?"

The actual quote

"Can we get along here? Can we all get along?"

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I don't hate Clemson or their fans

Mar 22, 2006, 2:31 PM

I grew up real close to Clemson and most of my friends were clemson fans and some are clemson students now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Then why do you make so many inflamatory posts !?!?!?!

Mar 22, 2006, 2:53 PM

Clemson has totally dominated $CU both athletically and academically so, until $CU beats Clemson on the field or in the classroom, your mindless insulting rhetoric about Clemson University or any of its athletic programs makes you look really sad and pathetic. Maybe that was you goal and if so I congratulate you on a resounding success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please post a single thread where I have insulted

Mar 22, 2006, 3:05 PM

Clemson University.

Quit inventing your own propaganda. You can't even make a post without insulting USC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure he can. I've seen him.

Mar 22, 2006, 3:11 PM

but then again... I'm just a dirty brown-noser.

LOL !!!***

Mar 22, 2006, 3:18 PM

Re: Please post a single thread where I have insulted

Mar 22, 2006, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Please post a single thread where I have insulted ]

You do realize all your posts are archived right ? You only make yourself seem out of touch with remarks like that.

Yes, thats why I'm telling you to post a thread

Mar 22, 2006, 3:23 PM

because there isn't a single thread where I've resorted to insulting Clemson.

Re: Yes, thats why I'm telling you to post a thread

Mar 22, 2006, 3:28 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=223827&messageID=2552188#2552188

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=9&threadID=222431&messageID=2535353#2535353

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=9&threadID=222123&messageID=2531436#2531436

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=9&threadID=218266&messageID=2483527#2483527

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=9&threadID=218266&messageID=2483482#2483482

That was just on the first couple of pages.

2008_pickem_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D'oh...foot, meet open mouth !!!!***

Mar 22, 2006, 4:31 PM

A simple review of your post history...

Mar 22, 2006, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Please post a single thread where I have insulted ]

more than supports my position while yours is...well...just more of the same rhetoric we've come to expect .

Re: A simple review of your post history...

BigCU, please post a thread where I insulted Clemson.

Do your own homework. It will be a nice change for you.***

I don't hate anyone...

Mar 22, 2006, 2:50 PM

I have good friends who are South Carolina grads/fans and family members who are South Carolina grads/fans. We have a lot of fun with the rivalry, but I don't think there is any hate involved. Age may be factor. I am 63 years old.

I'm just 20...and neither do I hate anyone.

Mar 22, 2006, 2:54 PM

And even if I did hate someone, it sure wouldn't be because of what football team they cheer for.

2008_pickem_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I'd like to see my hair come back.....

It isn't.

Re: Tigerboard is turning into a hate-fest...

I hate you

Then leave Toogie. I sure as h**l don't want you here.

Mar 22, 2006, 3:47 PM

I've made no secret of it. You don't have any respect for Clemson, its academics or athletics or any of us. Your a wolf in sheep's clothing. You pretend to be nice and kick us in the balls when you get a chance. So screw you.

Really? i think you are just threatened by a different

Mar 22, 2006, 3:50 PM

opinion. But that's just you Woburn. It's not everyone on Tnet. I do actually have a lot of respect for Clemson.

Re: Really? i think you are just threatened by a different

Mar 22, 2006, 4:00 PM

So when we give out our opinions, are you threatened by it by giving us your T-mail rampage? There's a lot of gamecocks here who give out different opinions from time to time while I don't agree with them I can respect them i.e. bravocock, rpe930 etc. You on the other hand have no respect for anyone here. Also you have no intellectual integrity and have been known to lie from time to time to win an argument.

Can't say I agree with that statement.

Mar 22, 2006, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Then leave Toogie. I sure as h**l don't want you here. ]

I've had many good chats about Clemson-USC, and other topics, with the likes of Toogie, C4L, Rogue ####, etc. And not one of them ever turned into a negative, trash talk session. I'm not saying there aren't people who come over here to do what you say, but I do not include Toogie in that crowd.

Re: Can't say I agree with that statement.

Mar 22, 2006, 4:11 PM

It's not trashtalking. It's personal. It goes beyond what is said on the board.

Honestly the level of hate in people in general .....

Mar 22, 2006, 3:57 PM

is on the rise.

I peronally think that people can't simply disagree anymore, it's all about trying to convince someone to agree with your opinion rather than agree to disagree.

That's what 50% of all message board posts are, it starts as a debate and then it ends with people trying to convince you that they are right and also why they are right and that because they are right you should think that way also.

It's really kind of sad actually.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Like I said above...just a relfection

Mar 22, 2006, 3:59 PM

of society as a whole. You're exactly right.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic