Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
McDuffie Reinstated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

McDuffie Reinstated

Aug 5, 2004, 5:28 PM

this is great news - i hope he takes advantage of this break - he will provide much needed depth at DT

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did you hear this? Link?***

Aug 5, 2004, 5:37 PM

Just saw it on Cutigers.com..that is HUGE!!! We needed this

Aug 5, 2004, 5:44 PM

kid to play alot of snaps.

That Makes No Sense

Aug 5, 2004, 6:29 PM

This kid gets caught with a lot of weed AND intent to distrubte, yet loses NO playing time?

If y'all remember, Travis Zachery and Akil Smith both weren't allowed to play in their last football game EVER, the 2001 bowl game, just for simple possesion.

Maybe this is because McDuffie turned himself in, but if not, Bowden needs to be a little more consistent with disciplinary problems.

Read the last line in overview...shouldnt that count for

Aug 5, 2004, 6:33 PM

something. It was his first run in with the law(although none are good) could Zachary make this claim

http://clemsontigers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcduffie_chris00.html

Re: Read the last line in overview...shouldnt that count for

Aug 5, 2004, 7:33 PM

Let's see he was on the Clemson Academic Honor Roll last spring majoring in pre-business. It looks like the business was drug dealing. After the Wake game last year, I thought the only thing that Tommy had going for him was his character and the apparent emphasis he put on that for his team. Unless there is something more to this story, I will be letting all of the administration know how disgusted I am with this reinstatement. I was proud we were not the Miami of the ACC. Now it looks like we will be Miami North. We don't need any Watsons on this team.

LOL.***

Aug 5, 2004, 7:37 PM

Watson wasnt an honor roll student and he had more than 1

Aug 5, 2004, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Read the last line in overview...shouldnt that count for ]

run in with the law.

Re: Watson wasnt an honor roll student and he had more than

Aug 5, 2004, 9:33 PM

As I remember it, Watson's downfall was for simple possession. You think Clemson should have lower standards than USC? I could possibly understand reinstatement next season for first time simple possession if he kept his nose clean, but drug dealing is inexcusable.

he never had a felony charge against him. Mcpuffie has TWO!***

Aug 6, 2004, 4:25 AM [ in reply to Watson wasnt an honor roll student and he had more than 1 ]

Ye self-righteous guys kill me. You know NOTHING about the

Aug 5, 2004, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Read the last line in overview...shouldnt that count for ]

specifics of the case but you feel free to sit back and play judge and jury. Tommy Bowden has shown time and again his character. HE knows the facts and makes his judgement calls based on that and what is the right thing to do. In our society, accusations and charges aren't ALWAYS what they seem at first blush. Go look in the mirror and address all of your OWN shortcomings and indiscretions before playing God with everyone else.

Re: Ye self-righteous guys kill me. You know NOTHING about

Aug 5, 2004, 9:25 PM

I know that when I was at Clemson those charges would have gotten me dismissed if my father had not jerked me out of school first. I don't believe state, alumni, or IPTAY funds should support felons. These are felonies that he reportedly admitted to so he could get into PTI . Would you take it more seriously if he was dealing to your child? I love Clemson football, but Clemson University is bigger than football. I have already emailed President Barker on this matter hoping there is a good reason why McDuffie is still in school much less playing football. Being a student at Clemson is a priviledge that comes with responsibility. It is a pity he did not realize that fact. If that is self-righteous so be it.

Great Post***

Aug 5, 2004, 9:27 PM

It is very self-righteous to hold your standards above the

Aug 6, 2004, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Ye self-righteous guys kill me. You know NOTHING about ]

law. Number 1 you don't know the facts of the case and number 2, the legal system means a whole lot more than your opinion. We should congratulate the system on working properly and allowing a fine young man and student a second chance. Just like anyone else.

In our society today, McDuffie deserves a second chance...

Aug 5, 2004, 7:36 PM [ in reply to That Makes No Sense ]

Especially considering it's his first offense. If he screws up again, he will not get another chance at Clemson University.

I get a feeling Chris will make the best of his situation.

Make no mistake. He will have to pay within the legal system, and he will have to pay some penance to his team and coaches. It's possible he may not play in the first game or two.

Re: In our society today, McDuffie deserves a second chance.

Aug 5, 2004, 9:40 PM

Out one or two games. Now that is real punishment for drug dealing! Maybe rape and attempted murder would get you back in time for the bowl game.

Re: In our society today, McDuffie deserves a second chance.

Aug 6, 2004, 1:49 AM

Who says he was dealing? Don't sit on here and jump to conclusions on a guy that you dont even know. Bowden suspended him indefinatly untill he got all the facts. Obviously it wasnt as bad as origianlly played out to be. Just because cops pin you with that charge "with intent to distribute" because it was a certain amount doesnt mean thats really what he was doing. That amount really isnt a lot.

he was caught with 12 bags. Yeah.....he was dealing.***

Aug 6, 2004, 4:29 AM

Re: he was caught with 12 bags. Yeah.....he was dealing.***

Aug 6, 2004, 11:16 PM

Did you buy one?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? HE IS A DRUG DEALER!!!!!

Aug 6, 2004, 4:28 AM [ in reply to In our society today, McDuffie deserves a second chance... ]

Would you say the same if he was a walk on??

The guy had 12 bags of pot. That, in the court of law, proves he IS A DRUG DEALER!!!!!

Even Watson was never charged with a felony. Mcpuffie has TWO felony charges against him!!!!

That's what PTI is for - those 2 charges will be dismissed.***

Aug 6, 2004, 8:53 AM

I think the thing you are misunderstanding is...

Aug 5, 2004, 8:13 PM [ in reply to That Makes No Sense ]

the amount he had was NOT a lot of weed.30 grams = 1 oz.Not dealing quanties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McDuffie's suspension lifted.....

Aug 5, 2004, 7:26 PM

McDuffie's suspension lifted
Associated Press
Posted on Thu, Aug. 05, 2004

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson defensive lineman Chris McDuffie was reinstated to the team Thursday after being arrested last month on drug charges.

McDuffie had been suspended since the charges, but was reinstated by coach Tommy Bowden. He joins the Tigers just in time for practice, which begins Friday afternoon.

McDuffie, a 19-year-old reserve, from Danville, Va., turned himself in to Clemson police last month and was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute within proximity of a school.

Bowden said if McDuffie is punished it will be handled internally and may be announced later.

McDuffie's attorney has said his client was planning on entering a pretrial intervention program, which runs three months and allows first-time, nonviolent offenders to have their record expunged upon completion.

Participants typically perform community service and attend counseling.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

This is gonna fly like a lead balloon.***

Aug 5, 2004, 8:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The eagle has landed.

Aug 5, 2004, 8:37 PM

This is over. McDuffie is on the field, practicing. If he keeps his nose clean from here on out, he'll be fine and so will Clemson.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO, harley. He is a DRUG DEALER. It is NOT fine.

Aug 6, 2004, 4:32 AM

This is a sad day in CU history.

CMOT post***

Aug 6, 2004, 6:12 AM

Football

...Training for the rest of your life.

Re: NO, harley. He is a DRUG DEALER. It is NOT fine.

Aug 6, 2004, 10:38 AM [ in reply to NO, harley. He is a DRUG DEALER. It is NOT fine. ]

How do you know he was dealing? Did you buy some from him? You do not know the full story, and if you did you would still be acting like an a$$.

That is no ACT****

Aug 6, 2004, 10:38 AM

Really? A drug dealer?***

Aug 6, 2004, 10:42 AM [ in reply to NO, harley. He is a DRUG DEALER. It is NOT fine. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats sad. caught with 12 bags, but its still OK with Tommy!***

Aug 6, 2004, 4:31 AM [ in reply to McDuffie's suspension lifted..... ]

CMOT redux...***

Aug 6, 2004, 6:13 AM

Football

...Training for the rest of your life.

Uh, you're team has a woman beater still contributing...

Aug 6, 2004, 8:57 AM [ in reply to thats sad. caught with 12 bags, but its still OK with Tommy!*** ]

now, I know for your coot program that's probably considered a moral victory.

How's the ol' sayin' go? Don't throw stones...

Re: thats sad. caught with 12 bags, but its still OK with Tommy!***

Aug 6, 2004, 9:51 AM [ in reply to thats sad. caught with 12 bags, but its still OK with Tommy!*** ]

Hey, Minter must know he's coming up to a real hell hole this November, bet he's scared to death.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic