Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Said I would be back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 4,846

Said I would be back

Dec 5, 2016, 7:28 AM

and if nothing else, I am a man of my word.

First off, congrats on the 2016 ACC championship. You were the best team all year, and you proved it Saturday night.

Second, if Watson does not win the Heisman call the law because there has been a robbery. I was impressed with him before the game. I am more so now. I said before the game in a post here that I didn't think he would get rattled no matter the situation, and that proved right even more so than I believed. Bud Foster sent so many blitzes at him in the latter part of the first half, and he handled them all. He got the snot knocked out of him repeatedly and got up, got the team lined up, and ran the next play. I've seen qb's fold under half that much pressure from a Foster blitz package. Just an impressive young man and a fine representative of Clemson University.

And last, I also said it would take 30 to win this on this board before the game in a string, which it did, and said that even with all that scoring, there would be great defensive plays, and there were. Clemson was the better team, and the better team won. I am disappointed, but far from discouraged. We will see each other again.

Now go represent. Best of luck in the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phenomenal game and your guys deserve a round of applause.

Dec 5, 2016, 7:34 AM

Could have quit at 14-0 and 35-14, but somehow were withing a td deep in Clemson territory with less than 2 mins on board.. really impressive resolve.

Good luck in Clt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Said I would be back

Dec 5, 2016, 7:36 AM

I think the better days are just around the corner for your hokies, very impressed with your new coach and teams no quit attitude. Look forward to some very memorable games in the future.

Said I would be back

Dec 5, 2016, 8:08 AM

A very gracious post from a Hokie with good perception. We meet again next season in Blacksburg but then no scheduled games between these two ACC rivals until--I believe--2024.
ACC is missing a bet to have so much void in the games football between VT and Clemson. Hopefully, both are successful enough to meet in the championship game at a tighter frequency in coming years.
Winning divisions in this conference for those chances is not an easy task but we can hope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great game...

Dec 5, 2016, 7:39 AM

Thought your staff did a great job exploiting the some mismatches especially after our starting LB was tossed. It was a game we were never tied ,never trailed but never felt comfortable. Having said that, I'll take 2 more just like it. Hate y'all got the Belk bowl. I know some VT fans were hoping to be back in Florida not Charlotte. Good luck.

He11uva ballgame!

Dec 5, 2016, 7:45 AM

You can be proud of your Hokies. Stick with Justin Fuente, and you will be the powerhouse you used to be. I would love to see Bud Foster retire, though... I know there are a lot of coaches who would prefer not to have to face his defensive genius every year! He is the master of doing what the offense isn't looking for. Between Bud's defense and Justin's offense, that game was just a classic slug-fest!

I look forward to competing in the future.

Good luck in Charlotte, and be careful which bathroom you go into! LOL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, and don't be a stranger...

Dec 5, 2016, 8:04 AM

...after all, we play y'all in Blacksburg next year We'll need some tips on parking, bars, etc.

Besides, without decent folks with other team interests, this place can become an echo chamber.

Best of luck down the road!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good game. Congrats on the year you guys have had...

Dec 5, 2016, 8:25 AM

I foresee you guys winning that division often. The head coach is a class act from what I have seen and heard. I was impressed with the way he handled the game and his players. Good luck in the bowl game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2016, 8:39 AM

Thanks, and best wishes in your upcoming bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2016, 8:45 AM

Tip of the hat to the Hokies!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Move over UNC, Va Tech, Pitt & Miami taking over Coastal FB!

Dec 5, 2016, 9:13 AM

Throw in GA Tech & a Cutliffe led Duke, tough row to hoe!

Back to the point, UNC sucks and time to move them down in the pecking order. Very good coaches at Tech, Pitt and Miami will create a battle zone for the foreseeable future.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You represent what all fans should strive to be. Good luck

Dec 5, 2016, 9:18 AM

to VT in the bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well played, Hokies

Dec 5, 2016, 9:43 AM

While I think the Tigs deserved to win, the Tech men did not deserve to lose. I saw where another post said they deserved a round of applause- my daughter and I gave it to them. By luck of the draw we ordered tickets from the stadium and were unpleasantly surprised to find we were in Hokie central way down in the corner where Tech came out of the locker room. Made for a few uncomfortable moments late. I hope I was not too obnoxious when we went up three touchdowns.

If it is any consolation, I cannot recall another team coming near so close when Clemson had them down three touchdowns. Maybe ND last year but CU was never up a full three tocuhdowns. The disappointment on the faces of the team was obvious when the Hokies went back into the locker room. As the Tech crowd greeted them, my daughter and I and a few other Clemson fans gave them a well deserved round of applause and hat tip. Good luck in the Belk- you kinda got the shaft on that selection but at least it is a reasonable drive.

Re: Well played, Hokies

Dec 5, 2016, 10:05 AM

There was no doubt the Hokies were in it to win it and not just happy to be there, and the VT fans fed off of that, I believe. I even said it on this board prior to the game. Forgive us for believing again.

Even though the Hokies never slid below .500 like so many do (Texas, UCLA, Oregon, etc), fighting for conference championships at the end of the season is a lot more fun that fighting for bowl eligibility like the last 4 seasons have been for the Hokies.

Congrats again, and do the same thing to tOSU that you did at the end of 2013 and the Hokies did at the beginning of 2014. Beat those Buckeye fannies!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 4,846
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic