Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I personally don't want some of you fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 896

I personally don't want some of you fans...

Oct 12, 2005, 9:14 PM

You guys are pathetic. I mean, you are on the bandwagon one moment, then calling for Bowden's head the next. Clemson has been named some of the best fans in the country by many fans of other teams I know. I don't want that to end. If you are off the bandwagon now. Stay the #### off. No one will miss you. You guys are probably the same guys who boo the players and coaches DURING a game. I hate these so called fans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...But to tell you the truth, I think your opinion is worth jack#### and I don't want to hear it during games. It's not helping anyone.

I know some of you are going to reply with the oh-so-snappy: 'I guess you are happy with being mediocre.'

If you think anyone is happy with that, and is a Clemson fan at heart, you are high plain and simple.
It disgusts me. I don't like losing to 'bad' teams anymore than the next guy. I just hate having fans like you who b1tch and moan constantly, win or lose.
Please keep posting that B.S. I'm sure none of the players and/or staff read fan input anyway. I'm sure the recruits don't care about what the fans do...The recruits want a winning program. The fans can't help that. We can just do our part as fans and hope for the best.

Tommorrow night, win or lose I'm a tiger. I'm sorry that I can't say that for some of you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said! I agree!***

Oct 12, 2005, 9:21 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

has the complaining been that bad the past couple days?***

Oct 12, 2005, 9:21 PM

Photobucket

Nonstop! I pray we win big Thursday so they can all jump

Oct 12, 2005, 9:22 PM

back on the bandwagon.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

And if we do...we'll still hear the cries of...

Oct 12, 2005, 9:35 PM

"well, we didn't deserve to win...blah, blah, blah"...

I'm with you 100%! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

really? seems to have died down a bit, imo.***

Oct 12, 2005, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Nonstop! I pray we win big Thursday so they can all jump ]

Photobucket

Be a bigger man and ignore the comments that you don't want

to read.

Re: I personally don't want some of you fans...

Amen ...Hall of fame post!!!!!

very, very, very good post....................point for you!***

Oct 12, 2005, 9:24 PM

(sigh)...another martyr post...***

Oct 12, 2005, 9:25 PM

Oct 12, 2005, 9:26 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO***

Oct 12, 2005, 9:27 PM

the horse is not just dead, but in pieces now***

Oct 12, 2005, 9:31 PM

Oct 12, 2005, 9:49 PM

So, am I pathetic because I am a fan that posts my opinion about the team I root for on a fan message board devoted to that team and its fans for interaction about the team? I try not to disparage the coaches, the players, other fans (unless they disparage me), or even opponents. I simply post for discussion and am curious what other fans of the team think or feel. I fail to find the patheticness of that.

Oct 12, 2005, 9:53 PM

I fail to see where I wrote that.
I said during games fans who boo the players and coaches are pathetic. Then over here it is not as bad but is still bad. Not pathetic but really disrespectful. I said opinions are opinions. Everyone has them.

Oct 12, 2005, 10:00 PM

"You guys are pathetic. I mean, you are on the bandwagon one moment, then calling for Bowden's head the next."

"You guys are probably the same guys who boo the players and coaches DURING a game."

"Please keep posting that B.S."

I took these remarks as being directed at people posting their opinions on this board rather than being just about people booing at games.

Regardless, I agree with you that there is a percentage of posters who do more harm than good for our team, but don't lump us all in the same "pathetic bandwagon".

This is how informed this guy is don't waste your time:

Oct 12, 2005, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I personally don't want some of you fans... ]

"http://www.thetigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=9&threadID=156630&messageID=1802191#1802191"

So what?

Oct 12, 2005, 10:20 PM

It is his opinion. If you don't like it, tough. Get over it.

I can dislike TB as much as I want to and so can he.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok so you have your opinion that he's not a good coach

Oct 12, 2005, 10:26 PM

but why "dislike" him? That just doesn't make sense. What's he done to THS Athlete 50. Did he #### in your cornflakes or something?

Re: Ok so you have your opinion that he's not a good coach

Oct 12, 2005, 10:27 PM

It doesn't matter. It's my opinion. Like i said if you don't like it get over it.

Your philosophy would apply to your own posts. I like

Oct 12, 2005, 10:32 PM

Bowden, Get over it. And if you don't like it stay off of our "Blind Loyalist" thread! LOL.

Welcome to earth***

Oct 12, 2005, 10:33 PM

You can be a Clemson fan and not like the coach. I didn't

Oct 12, 2005, 11:12 PM

like a lot of students while I attended Clemson, and plenty of them didn't like me. Sometimes we'd even get drunk and get into fist-fights. My point is not at all that I want to fight anyone. It is, though, that those people attended Clemson, and probably love Clemson. I know I love Clemson. Just because we both love the University, doesn't mean we love each other.

In the same regard, no one here has to approve of Bowden to love the university. He is one man, and just a man. In no way is he greater or even as important as the institution. Anyone here is entitled to disapprove of him if they feel he isn't serving the best interest of the institution they love. That in no way makes them "bandwagon" fans. It just means they don't approve of the direction they perceive the program to be taking. I've often wondered if people taking your opinion are "tigers" or "bowdens", because they are two distinctly different things.

It's not that I like or dislike Bowden. He's spoke at my church before, and I actually have a tremendous amount of respect for him based on what he said there. I hope he wins out, keeps his job, and makes us something special against next year’s cupcake schedule. That being said, his performance over the last few years has left just as many questions as answers. Some are ready to make a change. I own a business, and I pull the trigger pretty quickly when performance isn't meeting my expectations. In the college football business, I don't believe that is always the best decision. Some people do believe it is time. There isn't anything wrong with them saying so, especially when they can back their argument up.

I've never booed our coaches or players. I never intend to do so. But frankly, I don't care what you want to hear during games. I don't go to earn your approval. I go because I love Clemson, College football, and the time I get to spend with my family during those autumn weekends. You say what you don't want to hear, but based on the profanity in your post, you are probably the same guy screaming things that make every parent in the crowd cover their child’s ears.

My point is this: open your mind a little, be a little tolerant and think before you draw such broad conclusions. While that's the best advice I can give you, I doubt you'll take, since as you said about everyone's opinion: "I think your opinion is worth jack####"

If that doesn't do, then just don't come here and read it. I don't agree with half what I see on here, but if I get tired of it, I just quit reading the posts. Try it, you'll feel better in the morning.

From another Lyman guy, couldn't have said it better.***

Oct 12, 2005, 11:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woooohoooo!! Great post!***

Oct 13, 2005, 12:01 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 896
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic