Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
for the nay-sayers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

for the nay-sayers

Oct 7, 2005, 1:19 PM

Myself and 99.9% of TigerNation are tired of your moaning and groaning. I am a coach. And I tell my teams all the time, "either you are for us or against us". I am gonna apply that to our fans. Either get with and behind the program or get lost. As a disgruntled fan, you are no better than an opposing teams fan....actually worse. Go pull for USC or Furman. And don't hand me this, "i care and it hurts" crap, because if you truly cared then you would do what is best for the team and support them and the coaches. "But i pay (insert amount here) dollars a year and deserve more"......save your money, go buy a boat and hit the lake on the weekends. that would more constructive than trying to tear down the Valley. And thats exactly what you people are dooing. Funny, they are making so much rapid progress building the new facilities, and there are people around trying to tear it all down just as fast. Support the PROGRAM, or leave!!!! Pretty simple concept.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for the nay-sayers

Oct 7, 2005, 1:21 PM

Amen. Well said.

I'll buy what your sellin'***

Oct 7, 2005, 1:22 PM

you're***

Oct 7, 2005, 1:22 PM

We know which one you are!!!!!

Oct 7, 2005, 1:27 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Good post and point for you! (Feel free to use my signature on your boys, coach!

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Oct 7, 2005, 1:32 PM

Great post. Completely right.

Guess That Means You Lose To Bad Teams Too.......

Oct 7, 2005, 1:33 PM

just kidding..

for real....

dont go off on me, cause when I read your post I pictured a red faced guy screaming at the computer... lol

its friday...i am in a good mood..love you sig

Oct 7, 2005, 1:36 PM

and i guarantee every coach on our staff lives by that very quote. its not like they tried to lose 3 straight....things happen. we are lucky to have a coach as strong as bowden who can deal with adversity and can teach these kids a life lesson when these types of things occur.

Re: its friday...i am in a good mood..love you sig

Oct 7, 2005, 1:43 PM

man I am a Bowden fan and have always been a supporter, however I am also critical at times of the offense and losing to wake and duke, but you are right about one thing... I know he did his best and the players played their hardest.. I dont know if thats good or bad to say TB did his best and still lost to an inferior team but it is what it is..

but if you really think about it, when we have talent like fsu and some other great teams and we can just roll into wake and take them for granted and it not matter then Bowden may be one hell of a coach b/c he already does well in big games, think of what he could do if they would just take care of business..

no offense man....

Oct 7, 2005, 1:38 PM

but this is a board where people post their opinion...whether it be "fire coach bowden", or "support the PROGRAM, or leave". If some people can't handle that, then don't come to this board, or just ignore the posts you don't agree with.

And just for the record....from what I have seen, it's not exactly 99.9% to .1%....actually, pretty far from it.

your opinions are very harmful....99.9 is close

Oct 7, 2005, 1:40 PM

for the NATION....sorry if your corner of the world lives in misery

I don't know where you live....

Oct 7, 2005, 1:45 PM

but I was in Winston last week and let me tell you, 99.9% of Clemson fans were not walking out of Groves with smiles on their faces saying "maybe next year".

As I have said before, I like Bowden personally, and I think our players are giving 110%, but that doesn't hide the fact that it appears he cannot get the job done. I'm not going to keep my mouth shut about that. I don't think anyone should settle for mediocrity.

Believe me, I hope he proves me wrong...

give me the 6 FSU scores before he arrived and the 6 since

Oct 7, 2005, 1:52 PM

then tell me he can't get the job done. we are not and never will be invincable. losses happpen. does not mean i accept them or happy with them, but they happen.

better yet, give the our record for those same games....

Oct 7, 2005, 2:08 PM

you think 1 win in the past 6 years against FSU at home against a team lead by Chris Rix means that we are turning the corner?

1 win and some close games...competing at DOAK...yes***

Oct 7, 2005, 2:11 PM

competing? our closest game was a 17 point differential....

Oct 7, 2005, 2:21 PM

don't get me wrong, that's better than being shut out....but it is still a L every year.

Re: give me the 6 FSU scores before he arrived and the 6 since

Oct 7, 2005, 3:35 PM [ in reply to give me the 6 FSU scores before he arrived and the 6 since ]

Losing is losing. Who cares about the score? Also, losing to Wake is a lot different than losing to FSU.

Clemson began playing football in 1896 -- not 1992

Oct 7, 2005, 5:05 PM [ in reply to give me the 6 FSU scores before he arrived and the 6 since ]

We have reason to set our sights a little higher than the Hatfield/West era.

If you'll notice most of the old Bowden haters are largely

Oct 7, 2005, 2:08 PM [ in reply to no offense man.... ]

ignored after they start a post about the same thing over and over again. But when a new Bowden hater showes up with an October sign up date we'll jump on him-I'll give you that.
but one thing that is constant is that any post about loyalty, support your team, root for the tigers etc is met by dumb-@ss sarcasm from bowden haters. You can apply your argument to "just ignore the posts you don't agree with." Please.

I see where you are coming from....and let me say...

Oct 7, 2005, 2:10 PM

I am not going to come on here and flame TB. He is a stand up guy. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

You sir are correct. Tigers need to either get on the bus

Oct 7, 2005, 1:40 PM

or get the #### off. We discussed the issues until we're blue in the face, now it's time to move on. We can still make something of this season, and I for one think we will do it. If someone insists on polluting Tiger nation with same negative crap over and over again, then please undersatnd it would be better for Clemson if you just found another school to be a "fan" of...Let's BEAT THE 'PACK!

Are you going to sign on to Tigernet every day to read....

Oct 7, 2005, 3:11 PM

"Beat [this week's opponent]!"

"Go Clemson! Go Tigers!"

"Carolina stinks!"

Wouldn't that get a little boring after a while?

Oct 7, 2005, 1:41 PM

I don't care if you're a coach or Danny Ford himself. I'm entitled to think what I think and say what I say about the program. I pull for Clemson, that means I want them to do the best and accel to be NC. That makes me a fan. If I am disappointed and unhappy with specifics in the program, that has no effect on "being a fan." In fact, a true sign of wanting greatness is to be disgruntled when you don't acheive it.

Ever since I was old enough to understand a touchdown, I was surrounded by people explaining the details of what it takes for one team to beat the other through specific playcall to overall schemes and strategy. Some of those explainations are right, some are wrong. But the arguements and discussions are what make this a fun, intellectual sport worth following.

I will continue to question calls and not be a blind follower for the sake of being "with" the program instead of "against."

you are right...you are entitled to destroy our program***

Oct 7, 2005, 1:43 PM

A few peoples negative opinions aren't going to destroy

Oct 7, 2005, 1:51 PM

anything. Barring a total and complete collapse of the program TB is going nowhere. Besides sometime feeling a little heat helps step up performance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

G'ville News headline: Roadracing7 destroys Clemson!

Oct 7, 2005, 3:13 PM [ in reply to you are right...you are entitled to destroy our program*** ]

Give me a break.

How would you define a Nay-Sayer?

Oct 7, 2005, 1:45 PM

Just curious?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How would you define a Nay-Sayer?

Oct 7, 2005, 1:50 PM

thats one of the funniest posts ever***

Oct 7, 2005, 1:53 PM

those who have give up on the program in its current form...

Oct 7, 2005, 1:50 PM [ in reply to How would you define a Nay-Sayer? ]

coaches, AD, players....they are all to be treated as one. to not support one is to not support all. i can handle questioning a call or being upset that we lost a game, but to come out and call for heads and 'bowden must go' and the extremist opinions.....those are naysayers. heck, i thought the fake FG was the biggest joke i had ever seen, but i believe that the man was honestly doing what he thought he had to do to win the game. sometimes we forget that he is learning just like the players. he hasn't been a HC for very long. he will figure it out, just like the players.

Alright

Oct 7, 2005, 1:53 PM

That much I agree with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2005, 1:46 PM

Remember that bumper sticker that said "Put your heart in Dixie or get your a** out". LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Don't be so dramatic - you're overestimating things.........

Oct 7, 2005, 1:50 PM

if you think the opinions expressed on this board are going to make or break our football program.

What happens on the field is what matters, not the opinions of what a percentage of Clemson fans express on this board. And people also act as though this board is what makes the decision for a recruit to come or not to come to Clemson.

Again, don't be so dramatic and talk as though you're some annointed spokeman for the "Tiger Nation." We've all got our opinions and are entitled to them.

and you're underestimating if you think this is the only

Oct 7, 2005, 1:55 PM

place that these things are said.

Re: Don't be so dramatic - you're overestimating things.........

Oct 7, 2005, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Don't be so dramatic - you're overestimating things......... ]

No one's questioning your 1st Amendment rights, just hoping for a little restraint. The recruits do notice when fans are griping and it doesn't make a school attractive to them.

Exactly.***

Oct 7, 2005, 3:04 PM

Look at the 2003 recruiting season . . .

Oct 7, 2005, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Don't be so dramatic - you're overestimating things......... ]

if you don't think that fans calling for a coaches head matters.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here is your 700 pt.***

Oct 7, 2005, 2:27 PM

Amen, well said!!***

Oct 7, 2005, 2:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2005, 3:29 PM

You forgot to say "We got who we got!" Sorry, but I'm not willing to accept mediocrity. It's too bad we have people who are.

Just win baby...losins for Losers, and USC...

Oct 7, 2005, 4:01 PM

just kiddin. Nice post!

Tigers 24
BYE 3

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic