Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Dawg's Perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

A Dawg's Perspective

Sep 2, 2013, 8:05 PM

First of all, congrats on a great victory Saturday night. Great game, and great atmosphere. I wish y’all were in the SEC. You would make our conference better, you would do very well in the league, and I wish we could play you every year. Games like Saturday night are like last year’s SEC Championship Game... even though they were tough losses, its great for college football.

I am a longtime friend of TigerNet. Back in the late 90s I posted a lot when Becky MacWhorter (Coach Mac’s wife) was active on the boards. I am also a Dawg, and so I would like to make a comment about the injuries on Saturday.

Most of the attention is on our freshman Leonard Floyd. The play before he “faked” his injury, he was leg-whipped in the crotch by your running back who was trying to make a block. I’m not accusing your back of doing anything dirty, I’m just saying when a player is leg whipped in the crotch, it hurts. To Floyd’s credit, he tried to make it another play, which is the one shown on video.

After the play, Floyd is grabbing his privates and hobbling off the field. Damian Swann told him to get on the ground. To me, thats an injury, not something to be used to make moral judgments about our team or coach.

A video of both plays can be found here. The second video shows the leg whip.
http://dogbytesonline.com/richt-floyd-wasnt-faking-injury-74604/

I feel its important to present both sides of the story.

There is another video going around showing our linebacker Amarlo Herrera cramping on the Clemson sidelines. As a former player, I can assure you that if you were going to fake an injury, you would not do it on the opposing team’s sidelines. The video shows him scooting closer to the sideline when the trainer arrives to give the trainer room to work on his leg. There are posts here saying accusing him of moving over to make sure the game stopped. Any time there is a trainer anywhere near the sideline, the game will stop. To use that as another moral judgment against Georgia seems far fetched.

Another cramp I remember occurred near midfield, when one of our linemen was in the backfield lunging towards your back. The replay shows him grabbing his leg even before the back made it to the line of scrimmage. Again, it seems far fetched to think he smart enough to fake a cramp while the play is still developing.

I am a Georgia letterman. I still know several of the coaches, and know players who have recently finished there. I would be very surprised and very disappointed if the coaches were teaching them to fake injuries. To me, its like oversigning. Technically not against any rules, but not the right way to do things.

Georgia doesn’t oversign in recruiting like some more successful SEC teams do, and we suffer the consequences. Thats why our defense has 14 freshmen and sophomores on our two deep chart. 14 freshmen and sophomores against Tajh and Sammy! That is not what you want to take into Death Valley to face the best Clemson offense ever. But its what happens when you only sign as many recruits as you have openings on the team. If we were coaching our guys to cheat the system, you would probably see it in other areas, like recruiting.

I have a great appreciation for Clemson. You do things the right way. I think Georgia does as well. I hope Swinney and Richt are successful enough to stay at the help for another two decades. College football needs men like that shaping these young men and representing these two fine institutions. To me, both schools are striving to achieve excellence without crossing the line to gain an unfair advantage. That means we have an uphill battle against those teams that do.

This is the best Clemson team I’ve ever seen. I think this is your year. Best wishes the rest of the way, and thanks for reading all this from a Dawg.

Rob

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Dawg's Perspective

Sep 2, 2013, 8:08 PM

Thanks for comments and sportsmanship. Loved playing the dawgs again. Now go beat the gamecocks!!!

Thanks...and here's a reply

Sep 2, 2013, 8:09 PM

First off, you have the best QB I've ever seen at UGA. He's good. Very good. 1st round good.

We were fortunate to beat the OL, otherwise he would eaten us alive on the play action.

You have every chance to be good, very good this year. Hang in there. Beat USCjr and you are right back in the SEC title game.

Your fans were very respectful Saturday, which is more than I can say for our inbred cousins from Columbia. I apologize in advance for their poor behavior. They do not represent our state.

Good luck on Saturday and see you next year in Athens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I thought the UGA fans were cocky old farts or obnoxious

Sep 2, 2013, 8:20 PM

young twits. Now my Dawg friends here in Georgia are cool and not like that all but I didn't see too many gracious dawg fans before or after the game. The only fan base in the SEC I truly think of as decent is Auburn. They come closest to being like us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought the UGA fans were cocky old farts or obnoxious

Sep 2, 2013, 9:03 PM

I would take Texas A&M over any of the SEC fanbases.

With that said, I thought Dawg fans were pretty gracious Saturday all things considered.

Not so sure they will be next year in Athens, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Re: I thought the UGA fans were cocky old farts or obnoxious

Sep 2, 2013, 9:31 PM

Amazing how a loss can humble you, if they had won they would have been totally obnoxious, you can bet on it!!!

Re: Re: I thought the UGA fans were cocky old farts or obnoxious

Sep 2, 2013, 10:17 PM

I don't know what it will be like in Athens, but we hosted a lot of Georgia fans in our tailgate - we had a TV tuned to ESPN, and they stopped by to catch the game and ended up joining the festivities - some of them both before and after the game. Truly class acts.

Hopefully, the hospitality is returned.

Fair enough on the injuries but

Sep 2, 2013, 8:12 PM

you can't explain away Richt allowing his players to taunt the Clemson players running down the hill. Classless is putting it kindly and we can judge Richt and the coaches character based on that. We can also judge Richt by the number of criminals he recruits to the Bulldogs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your team faked injuries. I know what I saw. Bye.

Sep 2, 2013, 8:13 PM

And part of me hopes Clowney eats your team up this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Agreed***

Sep 3, 2013, 10:39 AM

Re: A Dawg's Perspective- 2 comments

Sep 2, 2013, 8:19 PM

we should be playing every year in every sport. period. both fan bases should demand it.

messing with our band and entrance was classless. not sure who came up with that but it reflects poorly on your school and your coaches should have stopped it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Dawg's Perspective- 2 comments

Sep 2, 2013, 10:18 PM

That's a scary truth - the fans acted with more class than (some of) the players.

CLEMSONs coaches were the oens holding back the UGA

Sep 3, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: A Dawg's Perspective- 2 comments ]

players. That's pretty pathetic.

Would love to play Georgia evey year like we did in the past

Sep 2, 2013, 8:24 PM

It was my favorite rivalry game -- it was dogs not chickens!

Wish we could schedule more. Speaking of chickens--good luck this week!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot to make an excuse for UGA taunting

Sep 2, 2013, 8:26 PM

Clemson players as they ran down the hill. Other than that you pretty much came up with an excuse for everything that the rest of the country, and everyone over the age of 12 has been criticizing UGA for for the past two day. If 84 truly got kicked in the wedding tackle he would have be stretchered off the field. He continued to play and was told to take a dive from the UGA coaches. He could have easily ran off the field

So here's what happened Saturday night. UGA got beat. They got beat by a better Clemson defensive line over a highly touted UGA offensive line. UGA got beat by a better QB. Murry does great against teams outside the top 10. He'll make a great back up QB in the NFL. Gurley is a great college back. I hope he runs for 500 yards against USuC.

Don't worry next year you and the rest of the UGA letterman will have plenty of time to tell all us Clemson fans just how tough the SEC is and how much you'll beat, and how much talent you have... blah, blah, blah...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Thanks for stopping by!

Sep 2, 2013, 8:28 PM

Regardless of whether the injuries were planned or not, you guys played a hell of a game. I'll be pulling for you guys against Carolina this week, but past that I can't make any promises!

That being said, best of luck the rest of the season and don't be a stranger over here

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing about the first instance you mentioned

Sep 2, 2013, 8:28 PM

He was able to run, was doing so the whole play, and was doing so towards the sideline (where other UGA players were heading), and then at the urging of the coaches went down.

I'm not saying it was faked, at all. I can't make that judgment and see no reason not to take folsk at their word on this one (though I do find it interesting that during the game Herbie mentioned coaches outright coaching the fake injury to slow down tempo). But back to the actual instance, he could've made it to (was actually on his way to) the sideline, but the UGA coaches told him to go down. That's not faking an injury, but it certainly is gamesmanship in order to slow down tempo.

I think a lot of the claims to faking injuries are overblown. I don't think LSU was faking their cramps late, as they wanted the clock to keep running, and certainly they were worn out. However, it is also true that the uptempo offenses are causing substitution problems for defenses and it seems more than likely that, with absolutely no downside, defensive coaches are teaching players how to slow it down via going down.

But as to the game, I thought both sides played hard, both offenses struggled at times, but in the end our defense was able to cause a few more struggles for your offense and that won as the game.

Good luck next week, kill the gamecocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. He was running to the sideline, made a u turn and

Sep 2, 2013, 10:06 PM

took a step or two......flop!

I guess your players forgot something at the Hill

Sep 2, 2013, 8:32 PM

or some other lame excuse for encroaching our Tiger Band and classless taunting.

Even after your video it still looks opportunistic to me. Beat SCAR !

Sep 2, 2013, 8:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how these "injuries" always seemed to

Sep 2, 2013, 8:34 PM

Occur just when the throttle was getting nudged up. Sheer luck of the draw? I think not. And really, is Richt even in charge of that team? The nonsense at the bottom of the hill and that similar thing @ the Cocktail party - sems like a trend.

Sep 2, 2013, 8:54 PM

If he can stand up for that long then he should be able to make it to the sidelines. Looked to me like he got the signal from the coaches then hit the deck while his team mate pointed it out. Classy post,but not buying your nut busting theory.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the comments but...........

Sep 2, 2013, 9:00 PM

Your LB #51 went down on Clemson's last scoring drive. He was rolling in pain. Your three trainers went out to attend to him. Your team went to the sideline. They got their free timeout. I watched your 51 through the binoculars continuously after they aided him off the field. He immediately melted into the numerous white shirts on GA's bench. The next play Clemson moved to inside the 10. Your injured player IMMEDIATELY sprinted to the endzone from about the 45 to get back in to the game. No sign of the terrible pain from one play earlier. He was faking! Watch the film. He missed one play and could run like the wind! 40 yard dash!! Your reasoning can't change what I watched with my own eyes!!!

Yep. #51. That was the specific instance I pointed out

Sep 3, 2013, 10:48 AM

to all the high and mighty (thanks prez Barker) Clemson fans, as well as the ##### UGA fan sitting next to me, that were giving me a hard time for booing the UGA "injuries".

I said, "Watch #51 come back in the game the VERY NEXT PLAY". And sure enough, he did. They shut up after that.

Thanks for your post.

Sep 2, 2013, 9:09 PM

I'm 55 and haven't missed a Clemson/Georgia game(home or away) since 1972.

I agree with you. I wish we played every year. The game is a perfect example of College Football.

Best of luck the rest of the way. Beat SCAR this weekend.

Believe this!

Sep 2, 2013, 9:13 PM

The man had the balls to come on here and give his take on the game. If the fact that this fella stood up for his team offends you. Tough! God forbid any of us going to a UGa board and doing the same. That is his belief. RESPECT IT!!!!!!!
Mr Rob. TY for your thoughtful perspective. Good luck for the rest of the year. BEAT the Coots!!!!!!
AND one more thing. I dont give a rats #### about the rating system on here. So blaze away!

Re: Believe this!

Sep 2, 2013, 9:30 PM

You think me posting what I saw means I'm offended? You are incorrect sir!! I thought he made a classy post. Just not what I saw as I watched their player make a miraculous recovery!!

Message removed by Author

Sep 2, 2013, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Believe this! ]

Sep 3, 2013, 12:19 AM

Sep 3, 2013, 12:29 AM

Sep 3, 2013, 12:36 AM

Sep 3, 2013, 12:38 AM

Sep 3, 2013, 12:40 AM

Sep 3, 2013, 12:48 AM

OK I call truce. If you are a Clemson fan I apologize. I have deleted my previous nasty posts and truly would like to say I am sorry. Let's just respectfully agree to disagree shall we? By the way I wish I was 18 but a little older than that.

Sep 3, 2013, 12:52 AM

Agreed. I also deleted my nasty grams. I have always read your posts. I still will. Even blood fights sometimes.

Sep 3, 2013, 12:54 AM

Check yourTmail

Appreciate the kind words, it was a great

Sep 2, 2013, 9:13 PM

game, BUT there is no doubt that the UGA defense bitched out by taking dives to slow us down. Sorry, but that is the truth and y'all got caught on video. LSU did the same to us last Winter, but did a better job of it and didn't get caught.

Also, meeting us a the bottom of the hill was classless, you cannot deny that either.

I'm all about the pagentry of College football; so leave the Auburn trees alone, let Chief Osceola throw his spear, and DONT mess with our run down the hill.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Explain this then -

Sep 2, 2013, 9:31 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1260841&tstart=0

That don't show $hite

Sep 2, 2013, 9:35 PM

Like I said on another thread. If that was a complete sequence. I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. And as the song goes. And if you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free!

Re: That don't show $hite

Sep 2, 2013, 9:38 PM

You can say what you want but you can't change the facts. I saw what I saw! 51 took a flop. Not the video everyone keeps posting. Didn't see that but I watched 51 and what he did. He was faking!!

Sep 2, 2013, 9:44 PM

I haven't seen any facts of this claim. Just orange beer goggled people saying what they thought they saw.

Sep 2, 2013, 10:15 PM

I don't drink and you have no clue!

I know if I was a lawyer. I would use that video or any of the eyewitnesses. Ya'll would blow the case.

Sorry....wouldn't

NM

Re: Sorry....wouldn't

Sep 2, 2013, 10:26 PM

Ok. Last response.
You aren't a lawyer and there is no legal case being made here. Just an integrity issue with their coach(es). I saw what they did. I've got nothing against GA. In fact both of my sons are GA fans (thanks to the ex). But no excuse for pulling that trick to slow Clemson down.

Thank youmfor your service BUT you

Sep 2, 2013, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: That don't show $hite ]

Are not a lawyer and obviously haven't watched the plays - 84 tries to,jump over hotrod and "perhaps" gets hit in the stomach but a leg. He gets up fine after the play, GA runs another play 84 is just fine - when that play is over starts jogging too the sidelines tapping his helmet - the sub can't get on fast enough and he the takes a dive.on command. It's all on the replay of the game or if you bothered to DVD it - start watch at about 11 minutes left in q1

Thank you very much. Serving our country

Sep 2, 2013, 10:43 PM

was my pleasure!
I have watched the game 3 different times. I have yet to see compelling evidence to confirm the faking.
You are very right on one thing. I'm not a lawyer. Thank God I'm not.
I am not attacking you. Plz believe me when I say that.
I'm very tired of the accusations of Ga faking it. GA had just as much to lose as we did. I am very open minded and I just haven't seen anything or heard a compelling enough story to believe it happened. That doesn't say that they did or didn't. NO ONE has shown me enough to make me say different. That is my take on this issue.

Think to point was 84 wasn't IN the game on the

Sep 2, 2013, 9:40 PM [ in reply to That don't show $hite ]

Play before the dive. Gotta read more.

^ was wrong i- just watched it. 84 was in***

Sep 2, 2013, 10:31 PM

Well tell me this

Sep 3, 2013, 12:04 AM [ in reply to That don't show $hite ]

why did he look back from the side lines to fall down. My perspective is he was looking to see if the refs were looking at him... that's just my guess, but then again it is just a guess, what is yours?

I definitely believe teams fake injuries but I don't see why

Sep 3, 2013, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Explain this then - ]

that guy would fake an injury so early in the game and the score 0 for both sides. Surely they did not need a breather that early in the game.

Also, if he did take a shot down stairs, all of you guys know that if you ever experienced this, the pain is not immediate. It slowly starts to build and is almost crippling which is why the guy was able to walk for a minute before needing to lay down. I got nut checked one time and almost lost my lunch a few minutes later...

Not defending the dawgs here. Just making an observation on that particular video alone.

Sorry, but this is not the best Clemson offense EVER.***

Sep 2, 2013, 9:38 PM

well written and reasoned post Rob

Sep 2, 2013, 9:41 PM

This week we are all Bulldogs (at least I think the majority of TNet is). Just smack those chickens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2013, 9:43 PM

Listen....what ever helps you sleep at night. I have totally lost any respect for that coach of yours. Excuse me while I burn my copy of "Facing the Giants". If I had to listen to his little movie speech, I would probably vomit.

Dang ROB..be glad you didn't have to write this long post on

Sep 2, 2013, 10:23 PM

A blackberry phone...as I'm doing to read it! Ha.

Nice, civil, earnest, welcomed & interesting take on the "faking" injury subject..and overall changed my bias view even though some of this seemed to happen when Clemson's O was getting into 5th gear and maybe provide the hoped for knock-out punch.

Thx..and best of luck to Dawgs with the Cooters!!

GoTiGs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go feed those dogs some chicken!!!***

Sep 2, 2013, 10:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LAY DOWN! PLAY DEAD! GOOD DAWG!***

Sep 3, 2013, 12:26 AM

Sep 3, 2013, 1:14 AM

U kidding me. Player gets hit in the nads....they go down immediately...lol. Get off our board dude.

Sep 3, 2013, 2:03 AM

No. Obviously they are brass and hanging from a trailer hitch Sun through Fri.

Sep 3, 2013, 3:23 AM

Sounds like a typical Sgt. Redneck

Sep 3, 2013, 3:25 AM [ in reply to Re: A Dawg's Perspective ]

Don't start what you can't finish

My perspective:

Sep 3, 2013, 10:56 AM

The player still wasn't injured. Sure maybe it hurt, but he didn't really require medical attention, and he could have easilly made it off the field without risk of further injury. Heck, if he played another play, then I'm sure he could run off the field.

If you can make it off the field without assistance and knowledge that you won't further injure yourself making the effort, then you should make every effort to get off the field without stopping the play. Players take hard hits every play, and anything could be considered an "injury" if you stretch the definition enough.

Hey Moonnerd, can you please find an exception to

Sep 3, 2013, 11:00 AM

send Gurley to the pro's after this season so we do not have to play that Manchild next year in Athens?

Thanks.

Also, thanks for coming on here to explain and eat crow, I can happily report that I didn't run into a single bad Georgia fan on Saturday and that made me happy. Was an awesome game, the only classless thing I saw was you taunting us at the bottom of the hill, which was stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic