Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Count Bart Wright as one of the persons pi$$ed off Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Count Bart Wright as one of the persons pi$$ed off Dabo...

Jul 25, 2012, 6:47 AM

Hasn't told him Sammy's punishment yet. Awful article this morning questioning Dabo's leadership, saying he needs to grow up, and that by not announcing it he is hurting Sammy, the team, and takes it as far as hurting future recruits.

Bart I know you read this board. You are a d@mn idiot. There is nothing to suspend him from right now. How do you suspend him from Summer works that aren't mandatory? Dabo would be an idiot to announce anything now. But I know you don't have much to write about this time of yr so why not dig for a story bashing Dabo b/c he hasn't given you what you want.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bart Wright is an IDIOT. He is jealous of Dabo's success

Jul 25, 2012, 7:14 AM

and continues to work to minimize Dabo in his columns. At the Kickoff he asked Dabo 3 times about how the delayed discipline on Sammy is effecting other recruits parents. He works hard to find an angle to take a shot at Dabo. I know Bart likes to talk about covering the Pros in his past and now he is struggling to stay relevant, so I believe he tries to make headlines by trashing a very successful Dabo, the person Bart truly wishes he could have turned out to be. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never trust a guy with a pony tail.***

Jul 25, 2012, 7:31 AM

Re: Bart Wright is an IDIOT. He is jealous of Dabo's success

Jul 25, 2012, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Bart Wright is an IDIOT. He is jealous of Dabo's success ]

Yeah he is a ###!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If his ponytail were a fuse...his head would be a shitbomb.***

Jul 26, 2012, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Bart Wright is an IDIOT. He is jealous of Dabo's success ]

Re: Count Bart Wright as one of the persons pi$$ed off Dabo...

Jul 25, 2012, 7:24 AM

That article has got to be one of the worse and most irresponsible that has ever been written. Just unbelievable!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

might be bad, but how is it irresponsible?

Jul 25, 2012, 1:23 PM

Not really looking to disagree, just do not understand how that would work. There is an action (or in this case an in-action) and and sports editorial writer wrote about it.

Sure he criticizes Dabo, just not sure how that is irresponsible whether you agree or disagree with his take on the situation...Especially most irresponsible articles ever written....

I would lean toward some of the NY Times articles that actually put people in harms way or got others killed.

Apparently you have no earthly idea what "irresponsible"

Jul 25, 2012, 1:30 PM

means. Look it up and try again.

Making stupid #### up for a contrived, baseless, and inaccurate article is irresponsible... at best.

You have an expert rating....

Jul 25, 2012, 6:43 PM [ in reply to might be bad, but how is it irresponsible? ]

X denoting something unknown

spurt denoting a drip under pressure.

voila!!!!

Re: might be bad, but how is it irresponsible?

Jul 26, 2012, 5:41 AM [ in reply to might be bad, but how is it irresponsible? ]

Another chit breath coot speaks!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bart Wright is a cancer on the face of journalism!***

Jul 25, 2012, 7:24 AM

Bart Wright is the worst human being in all of history.***

Jul 25, 2012, 7:58 AM

you misspelled herstory***

Jul 25, 2012, 10:44 AM

bart boatwright should concentrate on the sports section of

Jul 25, 2012, 7:28 AM

the Greenville News more----it is pathetic (and I've called him on it) Take the time to fill up his email with your opinions.

Bart Boatwright is a photographer for the News, a Belton

Jul 25, 2012, 8:00 AM

native, a Tiger fan, and a really good guy. Please don't confuse him with the idiot sports columnist there.

I stand corrected rbwright@reenvillenews.com***

Jul 25, 2012, 8:14 AM

Jul 25, 2012, 7:29 AM

i agree guys...Bart Wright is terrible...his main goal seems to me is to just stir up emotions while not writing facts...the Greenville News is a total piece of trash rag but should still be embarrassed by this man that is their Sports Editor

Jul 26, 2012, 2:42 PM

too much attention for this guy Bart "Simpson"

Link

Jul 25, 2012, 7:30 AM

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20120725/TIGERSNOW/307250022/Bart-Wright-Leadership-missing-Swinney-s-handling-Watkins?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports&nclick_check=1

Terrible, pointless article.

Fish wrap "journalism" at its best. Written by a whiney, wanna be at about a middle school level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Don't post a link to these types of articles. Every hit it

Jul 25, 2012, 10:56 AM

gets is another "attaboy" he gets from his employer...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The State was dumb enough to carry it also. Very liitle

Jul 25, 2012, 7:34 AM

Clemson coverage by The State until they ran this very long, very bad piece today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone have a link to an article chastising SOS for any

Jul 25, 2012, 7:57 AM

of his suspensions that never resulted in a missed second of football?

Jul 25, 2012, 7:38 AM

my opinion is Dabos is handling it exactly right. He doesnt owe the media squat about it. Handle it internally and keep Auburn guessing. If that ticks bart and korncoot off that is icing on the cake

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why, when I read Bart

Jul 25, 2012, 7:54 AM

Wright's column, do I hear a child crying? Why should Dabo tell anyone what his plans are for Sammy except Sammy? Why not keep it "in house" and handle it that way? My parents didn't tell the neighbors if I was in the doghouse or not. It makes sense to me, but Bart is all up in a wad because he hasn't been told. He doesn't need or deserve to know. Cry baby.

why would dabo show auburn their cards now??/

Jul 25, 2012, 7:41 AM

the guy is an idiot.at least make auburn sweat it out and wonder if they need to prepare for sammy or not.even if he is suspended for that game.the threat of him playing can be a big psychological advantage

Re: Right you are. Keep them guessing.***

Jul 25, 2012, 7:55 AM

Jul 25, 2012, 7:43 AM

Funny that Bart thinks Dabo owes him anything. Pretty arrogant.

LOL. You killed two birds with one stone, if you know what I

Jul 25, 2012, 10:08 AM

mean!

Jul 25, 2012, 7:47 AM

Yep, recruiting is down, morale is low, and the team is in a

Jul 25, 2012, 7:47 AM

real turmoil over this Sammy thing.

LOL!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: They could not have ;picked an worse day (For their

Jul 25, 2012, 7:57 AM

sake) to publish it.

worst article i have read...

Jul 25, 2012, 7:54 AM

i am pretty #### sure that Dabo, Watkins and Sammy's dad have all had conversations about what the punishment will be at worst and what it will be at best. Dabo has made it clear to the fanbase and most of the media that Sammy had a "list" of things he must do over the summer. Dabo's exact words are that "Sammy has gone above and beyond what we have asked"

Dabo has repeatedly said that a decision will be made during fall camp.

Bart, you are an idiot. Listen to the coach before you write crap questioning this man's leadership to these kids.

This is an outrage. I'm never watching the Simpsons again.***

Jul 25, 2012, 7:56 AM

Wow, there's some pretty irresponsible assumptions this

Jul 25, 2012, 8:01 AM

guy is making about this that fly in the face of the reality at hand. Sports journalism is already enough of an oxymoron in and of itself. This clown has taken it to a new level.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW!!!

Jul 25, 2012, 8:05 AM

Who is this guy?!! I don't agree with him at all. Dabo has done nothing but lead since he became head coach. I believe that it takes a lot of maturity on his part to not make a rash decision when situations like these arise. He is teaching Sammy something. From what I can gather Sammy has handled it well. We will all know soon enough. This writer is just simply pissed that he's not getting his way. Mr. Wright.... if you are reading this.... GROW UP!!!....GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: WOW!!!

Jul 26, 2012, 6:06 AM

If he is really reading t-net. Its not Dabo's fault that the one that Bart is sucking don't please him. Find you a another man Bart, Dabo don't play that chit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bart has it in for Clemson--he is looking for a big story

Jul 25, 2012, 8:08 AM

a.k.a. UNCheat Part 2. He is trying but just can't find it. HA!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Bart go to the AJC with this crap...

Jul 25, 2012, 8:12 AM

You sir are a joke at best

Bart Wrighteous, hanging on....

Jul 25, 2012, 8:09 AM

Bart Wright, like everyone else at the G News is trying to hang on to a job. It's gotten so bad, they now have their iconic Main Street HQ in Greenville for sale.

He will stir every pot he can to get some attention.

It probably will not be long that he will not be in print as the G News quite obviously wants to go to all digital.

The downtown location is for sale? Didnt know that.

Jul 25, 2012, 8:12 AM

Thats a prime spot.

He writes it for this exact reation...

Jul 25, 2012, 8:15 AM

Reminds me of the Toby Keith song, "The Critic".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bart

Jul 25, 2012, 8:18 AM

Sports writer that has never played sports?

That is my take

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He thinks it makes him relevant - He's and Idiot!!!***

Jul 25, 2012, 8:35 AM [ in reply to He writes it for this exact reation... ]

I Think Bart Enjoys The Company of Young Boys***

Jul 25, 2012, 8:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bart Wright has had an ax to grind with Dabo...

Jul 25, 2012, 8:42 AM

ever since the University changed its policy that governs access by the media to coaches and players.

Beyond that, Bart Wright has always been more interesting in taking self-serving over-opinionated shots at Clemson University and its coaches rather than reporting on anything of substance or value. The recent article just further confirms it.

There are some very good reasons why subscriptions to the Greenville News are at an all-time low and the Greenville News is teetering on the brink of bankruptcy. It's just a shame the Greenville News either doesn't realize or care that Bart Wright is one of those reasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Can't find anything right about this article

Jul 25, 2012, 9:37 AM

This was on the front page of the Greenville News?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Can't find anything right about this article

Jul 25, 2012, 9:49 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12513083

Right above your post where it says 'link.'

If you need the paper copy of the article you'll have to find a USuCk fan, all the Clemson folks used it for toilet paper or fishwrap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't find anything right about this article

Jul 25, 2012, 10:00 AM

I read it but couldn't believe it was on the front page. I don't, nor will I ever, subscribe to this newspaper.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

On the front of the sports page.***

Jul 25, 2012, 11:58 AM

But you read the thing and told others about it.

Jul 25, 2012, 9:44 AM

So he wins. Get a clue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. People cancel subscriptions

Jul 25, 2012, 10:00 AM

If a writer is negative but makes a good, well-written point, that can gain readers and attention. But a poorly-reasoned article like this turns people off and results in lost subscriptions and lost respect for the paper. That's not a winner in today's declining newspaper market.

Okay so how many of the people in this thread

Jul 25, 2012, 10:34 AM

went and canceled their subscription? I'll wager 0. A lot more people probably went looking for the article online thus getting clicks which is what he wants.

Same goes with people bitching about WCCP. They clearly still listen. That is all the ad guys need. Only way to kill bad media is to not talk about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I called and cancelled this morning after...

Jul 25, 2012, 11:59 AM

reading the article and explained to them why. I can get the same news in other places and the weekly ads are on the stores website. I dont need that stuff to start my charcoal anymore.

Re: I called and cancelled this morning after...

Jul 25, 2012, 1:15 PM

good for U!! wish I was a subscriber so I could do the same!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I called and cancelled this morning after...

Jul 26, 2012, 6:16 AM [ in reply to I called and cancelled this morning after... ]

Nope, I don't need it to start mine either. I found that a few bricks of match light to start the cheaper coal does better than the whole news paper.

I called and cancelled and I enjoyed doing it! ***

Jul 25, 2012, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Okay so how many of the people in this thread ]

I stopped reading BW after his Tater Nation rip...

Jul 25, 2012, 10:11 AM

a few years back. I recognize him for what he is...a paper pusher. More than that he is misinformed!

Yea a 50+ year old guy with a pony tail

Jul 25, 2012, 10:21 AM

telling someone to grow up. Ha.

Greasy old creep is the best description of him.

Bart Wright is a coot!

Jul 25, 2012, 10:59 AM

Dabo has it under control. He'll figure out a way to discipline Sammy without sacrificing our chances to win the ACC and BCS championships. Trust in Dabo! It tears up the coots that Dabo is provinbg to be a superior coach, recruiter, and leader. He has one of the best coaching staffs in the country and nation's top recruits are taking notice. Dabo will drive spurrier into retirement.

Go Tigers! Go Dabo!

Re: Count Bart Wright as one of the persons pi$$ed off Dabo.

Jul 25, 2012, 12:50 PM

Wright is right in this case! It appears that the ONLY place in the entire country where people agree with Dabo's hemming and hawing is on these boards. You can defend him all you want to, but his dragging this out is not good publicity for this University. He should have decided this two months ago. I do understand, and respect, the various hoops that Sammy is required to jump through this summer, but this indecisiveness is smelling to the high heavens and even called "spurrious" by one news agency.

He decided two months ago. Try and keep up.

Jul 25, 2012, 1:13 PM

Being that lame makes you look, well, lame.

your friend
CT88

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He decided two months ago. Try and keep up.

Jul 25, 2012, 5:16 PM

CT88, I know what he said, and I've heard his reasoning(?), but Dabo still should have announced his punishment shortly after it happened. Think of Spurrier/Garcia. That's the comparison for some people--special rules for key players. It should be: "You're a player--you get caught with drugs--first time offense--this is the penalty. Second time offense....this is the penalty." Don't you think Dabo and the Athletic Dept. should have made that clear to ALL PLAYERS before something like this happens? But then, Dabo likes to wing-it and emote instead of thinking sometimes, and that's my main beef with his coaching style.

Sincerely, and your friend also,
Motor City Bengal

Re: Count Bart Wright as one of the persons pi$$ed off Dabo.

Jul 26, 2012, 6:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Count Bart Wright as one of the persons pi$$ed off Dabo. ]

Just another stupid coot lurking to click his beak. You would think that dirt pecking would still satisfy his taste.

Jul 25, 2012, 1:09 PM

i am another that does not know why it is that dabo cannot go ahead and announce his punishment---

Because you don't have to explain yourself to anyone...

Jul 25, 2012, 1:17 PM

here in America except the boss, IRS and wife.

Jul 26, 2012, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Count Bart Wright as one of the persons pi$$ed off Dabo... ]

Why should Dabo do anything to satisfy a f-ing stupid ### coot. Never in this life coot. The only people he owes anything to, is the people who pay his salary. And a coot spends nothing toward Clemson sports. Shut the fck up cootie.

Re: Idiot has no clue

Jul 25, 2012, 3:09 PM

he said he could think of no reason not to come forward with the punishment....well the team has not been together and I can bet one of CS requirements is to apollogize to the team for his actions therefore the wait.

Jul 25, 2012, 3:50 PM

Hey Bart Wrong, S T F U!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bart Wright is...

Jul 25, 2012, 5:02 PM

Bart Wright isn't qualified to carry Dabo's j.ock strap. Period.

What a flipping blowhard piece of whiney, self righteous, drivel.

Bart's opinion is as meaningless

Jul 26, 2012, 6:26 AM

as a speed limit sign on I-85

I don't think Dabo....

Jul 26, 2012, 11:55 AM

is gonna let Fart Wrong dictate when he hands down his punishment. He doesn't owe him squat. He won't bow down to him like old ball sack did to Ron Morris. "What do you want me to say, Ron?" Ha Ha. Go Tigers !!

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic