Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alvin Kamara is out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Alvin Kamara is out

Jul 24, 2012, 11:36 AM

(via ESPN Insider)
"Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney will be spared the potential embarrassment of mixing up recruits Alvin Kamara (Norcross, Ga./Norcross) and David Kamara (Loganville, Ga./Grayson). One is committed to the Tigers, while the other is no longer considering the program as one of his destinations.

"Clemson is out for me," Alvin Kamara told Chad Simmons of Scout.com. "I just did not get a good vibe there and it is not for me. It is a nice school, but they are out of it for me now."

The schools still in the conversation for the nation's No. 5 running back recruit include: Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Florida State, USC and Vanderbilt. Georgia and Alabama would be considered the favorites at this juncture, but Kamara has yet to officially narrow his list of schools."

Now we can focus on Green even though I think we are good with Dye and Gallman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like:

Jul 24, 2012, 11:39 AM

"They are out of it for me... mostly because a second RB committed and coach swinney called me and said they are no longer recruiting me and I didn't get a good vibe from being no longer recruited so they are out for me."

- Alvin Kamara

Very true^^^***

Jul 24, 2012, 11:43 AM

More like he waited too long to pull the trigger.

Jul 24, 2012, 11:40 AM

eom

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re:More like he waited too long to pull the trigger.- Please

Jul 24, 2012, 2:05 PM

give the Crowell jokes a rest. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation:

Jul 24, 2012, 11:44 AM

Dabo Swinney: Alvin, I'm sorry but I told you back in the spring that we were recruiting four running backs and that I planned to take two. I've got two commitments now.

Alvin Kamara: Coach, I'm not getting a good vibe about this. Are you saying I don't have an offer now?

Dabo: Yes, I believe that is what I'm saying.

Alvin: In that case, I'm no longer considering your school. Clemson is officially out of the running for my services.

Dabo: Good Luck, Alvin. You're going to make a great college running back for someone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ There it is ^^^^***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

we aren't taking anymore RB's are we? i guess we would

Jul 24, 2012, 11:44 AM

accept Green's commitment if he wanted to come but i'd imagine our main focus is Fuller, Adams, North and some of these OL's.

Re: Alvin Kamara is out

Jul 24, 2012, 11:45 AM

I respect the kid and would have loved to have him at Clemson but I don't know why he couldn't just come out and say we are full.

null

^^^^^^^^^^^^Pride***********

Jul 24, 2012, 11:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats okay, but God I hope

Jul 24, 2012, 11:48 AM

The coaches still try to land Green. Im very happy with Dye and Gallman, but DG is a stud in the making

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We promised Gallman we'd only take one more RB***

Jul 24, 2012, 11:50 AM

was that before or after Belamy left***

Jul 24, 2012, 11:57 AM

I think it was before

Jul 24, 2012, 11:59 AM

I remember that being talked about on here before

After***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:02 PM

Re: After***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:04 PM

Gallman definitely committed before Bellamy left

Dabo told Green July 12th we were only taking one more***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:08 PM

Yeah - I heard that too. Somebody on T-net said it.

Jul 24, 2012, 11:59 AM [ in reply to We promised Gallman we'd only take one more RB*** ]

Maybe Dabo said it too, I just didn't see it and can't find where he did. If anybody has a link it would be greatly appreciated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Was on TI Dabo told Green we would only take 1 more RB

Jul 24, 2012, 12:01 PM

That was about 2 weeks ago I think

If that's the case then maybe we're done

Jul 24, 2012, 12:03 PM

I don't think you say no to the #1 RB in the country if he's interested though.

I doubt it too.***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not sure why its hard for people to understand. We are DONE

Jul 24, 2012, 11:59 AM

for this year at RB.

Is your name Dabo?

Jul 24, 2012, 12:02 PM

When Wayne Gallman committed in APRIL, I'm sure we told him we'd only take 1 other running back. After that, in MAY, Mike Bellamy didn't do well enough on his finals to be academically eligible, and elected to leave the team.

If we were planning to take 2 RBs, and then one RB left the team, wouldn't it make sense for us to change our plans and take 3 RBs?

This is the quote from Green about what Dabo told him

Jul 24, 2012, 12:23 PM

A quote from Green about what Dabo said on July 12th was

"He said they have 1 running back 2013 commited and 2 running backs commited for 2014 so hes only taking 1 more running back. He said they are looking at a few other guys and and he cant stop recruiting them to wait for me. He said they are only taking 1 more back this year and who ever hops on next will be it."

Thanks!***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:25 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Sure thing***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:27 PM

I'm not sure why its hard for people to understand why

Jul 24, 2012, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Not sure why its hard for people to understand. We are DONE ]

that would be questioned.

If it was reported exclusively on TI, a lot of people aren't gonna see it, as a lot of us aren't TI subscribers. I've Googled and searched all over and can't find where Dabo said that.

Also, it's hard to fathom, even considering our limited number of scholarships this year, that we'd turn down the #1 RB recruit in the country.

Maybe Dabo did say that, and by no means am I saying he didn't. I just know from experience how things get reported and subsequently accepted as fact on here when there is no truth to them at all.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Not sure why its hard for people to understand. We are DONE

Jul 24, 2012, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Not sure why its hard for people to understand. We are DONE ]

Go back to cooterville.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading isnt your strong suit I see***

Jul 24, 2012, 12:51 PM

Re: Reading isnt your strong suit I see***

Jul 24, 2012, 1:34 PM

Lesson to recruits: "You snooze...You lose".

Re: Reading isnt your strong suit I see***

Jul 24, 2012, 1:56 PM

I really liked Green but I think we will do just fine with the 2 we got and dont forget the 2 coming in next year also.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic