Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'd like to offer my sincerest , most heartfelt thanks to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,090

I'd like to offer my sincerest , most heartfelt thanks to

Apr 26, 2005, 9:51 AM

the following groups of people:

1)Every gamecock visitor to Tigernet who for months snidely quipped "What investigation???---Clemson fans are just dreaming." whenever mention of the ongoing investigation was mentioned on the board. Where are they now? Its pretty slimy to challenge the home folks and then not have the integrity to come back and admit you were wrong...But hey, ESPN2 showed 35,000 of 'em bunched into Williams-Brice a few days ago at the "Pre-Probation Bowl" so at least we know where they were.

2) Every drooling SC-based sportswriter, sports columnist and sports reporter (hell, at The State, that included everyone from the Editorial Dept to the Religion Dept) who tried and tried to make the rest of us believe that Lou Holtz had somehow chameleon-like changed his colors and his modus operandi--one that had been more than well documented at other institutions who's cast their sports future with "The Holtz System" and lived to regret it....We didn't believe it, not for a moment. And now all those journalistic types wear as much egg on their face as do the gullible gamecock fans...The much hated (by the fgf faithful) Ron Morris at least reversed his course and began to report the obvious just before Holtz's usual hour to cut and run with the NCAA close behind.

3) Every individual and corporate sponsor (especially the gamecock fans) who forked out money--in some cases BIG DOUGH---to flock ovinishly to one of Lou Holtz's "motivational speeches" or to purchase one of his books. His cover has been blown repeatedly and once again we discover that the motivational techniques in his own real life come at the expense of the rules and his employers.

The roads ARE a bit cleaner though. And now maybe its time for all those mentioned above to apologize to the rest of us who didn't believe the glowing predictions, who recognized LH's smoke as just that...smoke, and who knew the real smoke was the kind the NCAA realized to be a fire in Columbia that needed stomping out.

The pending probation will now tie usc with Clemson in the number of times each school has been on NCAA probation. The feigned morally indignant rock throwing by coots is about to come to an end.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post***

Apr 26, 2005, 9:56 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THUMBS UP***

Apr 26, 2005, 9:58 AM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

You hit the nail on the head.***

Apr 26, 2005, 10:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you kick the tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan for the teeth.

There is one glaring difference

Apr 26, 2005, 10:06 AM

During the National Championship season, Clemson never played a single game with any inelligible players or any kid who was involved in the incidents which resulted in the NCAA sanctions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tsk Tsk .....Thank You, Great Post***

Apr 26, 2005, 1:45 PM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flaps? We don't need no stinkin' flaps, let it roll in hard and fast!

Actually, we've been on probation twice; 1990 I think***

Apr 26, 2005, 2:24 PM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,090
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic