Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long)

Jan 14, 2012, 12:35 AM

but I am so sick of all the "so called Clemson fans" on here. I loved Danny. I pulled like hell for Hatfield. I pulled like hell for West. I told my buddy that I would love to build a statue of Tommy Bowden outside of Death Valley one day. I also told him that if TB lost to Wake then it was time to fire him. Now I hope we will build one of Dabo. I would have never thought I would see Clemson fans actually pulling for our team to lose so a coach would get fired.USUCK fans don't eve act this bad. I have always wanted every coach that we have had, regardless of the sport, to become the best coach we have ever had. Dabo has coached for 3 1/2 years now. Two of those seasons we went to the ACCCG. We won it this year. Yeah we got embarrassed in the Orange Bowl, I know I was there. Life keeps moving on. We will get better, we will learn from that. Dabo has done a great job. Y'all dumpers say that he sucks and that it was Chad...... well guess what he hired Chad. A coach 2 years removed from high school was a huge risk that has paid off. He could now hire the next great defensive coordinator for Clemson. Instead of seeing the love, passion, and effort that Dabo has for Clemson y'all are to busy praying every night for him to get fired (without warrant by the way). TB never even took us to the ACCCG. TB gave up on Clemson and was fired for it. Dabo might not go down as the best coach in Clemson history, and I hope he does, and if we as a program regress and get wors then I will agree that a "change" will be needed. 3 years, 2 ACCCG appearances, and 1 ACC Championship y'all got some time to #### and moan so more because he will and deserves an extension. He has more passion for Clemson then most of the people that post on this board. I believe that he will lead us back to the glory days. Maybe that is just me being optimistic, but isn't that what we as fans are supposed to be? The way y'all act it seems the TDP should be calling y'all for the head coaching job. Let me know which one of y'all has been contacted? Dabo is trying harder for this university then any other coach we have ever had (except for maybe Danny and Frank, I believe harder then both). He is becoming a great coach. He is a better human being. Our rivals cannot boast about their coach being a better person. I hope we build a statue of Dabo outside of Death Valley. I hope Dabo calls all you dumpers out for being lousy fans. Have some faith in the man we hired to do the job that he is doing. Obviously he was picked over y'all. I'm not even sure that y'all were even interviewed. So support the coaches we have and believe that they will bring this program back to the glory days or shut the hell up because nobody else wants to hear y'all praying that we lose so we can fire a coach. We are too busy praying that we win and bring back the trophies that are long over due.

I am ALL IN! Are you????????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long)

Jan 14, 2012, 12:38 AM

Also if Dabo wins a National Title at Clemson then I will call out every one of you that has dumped him. Y'all will not be allowed to celebrate to MNC and you must turn your Orange in!. H3ll I think y'all should turn it in now!

Jan 14, 2012, 12:51 AM

Save your breath that will never happen,and frankly if this team dont develope some toughness,Dabo wont be here in three years

Jan 14, 2012, 12:58 AM

Maybe it will, maybe it won't but you should believe it will. That is what supporting you team is all about!

Jan 14, 2012, 2:09 AM

Until this team learns not to quit,and gets more physical it will not happen

Jan 14, 2012, 2:15 AM

Support Clemson or pick a new team.

Jan 14, 2012, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long) ]

I thought Dabo's response to the quitting was pretty good. I quit on the team at Maryland but we came back and one. I quit on the team against Wake but we came back and won. The only time I thought they might have quit was against West Va. Good gosh sitting there in the cold and watching everything that could go right for West Virginia go right. Every play that could be made they made, every call went their way and not a penalty called on them until very late in the game, I quit and just wanted the game to get over. I can only imagine how the players felt. Even at that I saw J. Brown run his butt off trying to return a kick. I saw others trying their best but it would be hard not to just try to get through that debacle. I am not going to fault any of those players for just going through the motions the way that game went.

Dumper go away. We have new teams every year

Jan 16, 2012, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long) ]

To say that Dabo will never win a NC here is either dumb, ultra pesimistic or cootish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to you! How's the weather up there?***

Jan 14, 2012, 1:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long) ]

Re: Congrats to you! How's the weather up there?***

Jan 14, 2012, 1:54 AM

Its a alot better then where you are.

Jan 15, 2012, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long) ]

well said and long overdue

Jan 14, 2012, 1:04 AM

I'm all the F in. And F those that are not. Dabo does love Clemson more than the dumpers. If he left, I bet he wouldn't wish one time that we lose a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2012, 1:07 AM

#### straight man! It is so sad that we have fans like this. I am more embarrassed about "these so called" fans then I am about the Orange Bowl!

Jan 14, 2012, 2:28 AM

I agree.
GO TIGERS!!!
:)

You would have to go so far and question whether they are "fans" by the strict definition. Here are excerpts from dictionary.com...it says enthusiastic, hmmm...that sounds more like a "pumper" to me. Enthusiastic, is kind of the opposite of dumper..don't you think?

an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
Origin:
1885–90, Americanism; short for fanatic

Synonyms
supporter, enthusiast, partisan, booster, addict.

fanatic
1. a person whose enthusiasm or zeal for something is extreme or beyond normal limits

Pretty enlightening...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is all in with a team paying $3MM to be all in ...

Jan 14, 2012, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Call me a pumper if you want to...... (long) ]

I am all Clemson all the time. If Dabo gets the job done over the next two years, I will enjoy the ride with all Tiger fans. If he does not, he will continue to be highly paid for his recruiting proficiency at another school ... where he will let everyone know he is all in.

I give him an A+ this year for his recruiting, hiring of Coach Morris, and releasing of Coach Steele. For the lack of consistent player efforts and the quitting we witnessed on the field, I give Dabo a D+. Overall grade C+ or B-.

Dabo is a Tide man, but he is living his dream at Clemson. Will he be the next Tommy West, Danny Ford or Tommy Bowden? Too early to say. And I guarantee you that I will still be pulling hard for the Tigers when Dabo is all in at another school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2012, 5:13 AM

It's easy. All in or get out.

Jan 14, 2012, 5:31 AM

Tell it bro....Dabo is our man...finally someone who has a fire in his belly and loves the school and wants to return it to where it needs to be and should be. Has he done everything exactly right....hell no, but he's hustling, coaching his ars off, making changes, and hopefully learning as he goes on how to conduct himself a bit more "professionally" without giving up the enthusiasm. To all the dumpers....get real and get off his case....I love Danny and what he did for CU football as much as anybody but He would have a hard time doing any better now as football schemes have changed so. One thing Danny did do well that Dabo could learn from is to develop a mental toughness & nastiness that we seemed to have lost over the years AND drill basic fundamentals more....tackling especially needs to improve. I think Dabo already has recognized and put more emphasis on improving special teams.

"Pumpers" are fools

Jan 14, 2012, 5:43 AM

You are lemmings following this guy over a cliff.

so, if we are following him...

Jan 14, 2012, 10:22 PM

and you are not, your presence here is what? Well, I guess you must be a stalker or a troll.

Nobody, not one person would have called this team soft after the fsu game. People who think Dabo is not the right man to lead these men are constantly lurking in the shadows waiting for an opening so they can pounce. Just admit who you really are. Many people will never be satisfied unless the coach is a whining punk always blaming others or some kind of miserable uptight slave driver. Guess what, that formula doesn't work most places. Besides, these young men are maturing before our eyes. They are challenged and pushed and held accountable. Oh and mothers want their kids to play for Dabo because they can see the real man.

In short, open your eyes to reality and understand that in sports, mistakes are made but you can do everything right and still lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

I thought our Defense was super soft after FSU Game ...

Jan 15, 2012, 4:52 PM

I recognized the win was entirely attributable to Chad and our Offense. The Defense was overwhelmed by a 2nd team QB playing in his 1st game.

I am all for the Tigers, but our fans who believe we are tough are smoking wacky weed or should be.

Thought you were leaving...

Jan 15, 2012, 6:23 AM [ in reply to "Pumpers" are fools ]

Wasnt that you complaining about your IQ being too low to figure out how to get Tigernet off of your internet page?

stopped reading after mention of statues!!!

Jan 14, 2012, 6:53 AM

I hope there is NEVER a statue of a coach at Clemson. We have a ring of honor - that is enough.

We would be stupid to get rid of dabo.***

Jan 14, 2012, 8:44 AM

Re: We would be stupid to get rid of dabo.***

Jan 14, 2012, 10:24 PM

spot on!

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: stopped reading after mention of statues!!!

Jan 14, 2012, 12:10 PM [ in reply to stopped reading after mention of statues!!! ]

I think you missed the point.

If any coach wins multiple National championships at Clemson

Jan 14, 2012, 12:20 PM [ in reply to stopped reading after mention of statues!!! ]

Multiple meaning more than four....atleast for me. Then he deserves a Statue....a ### big one

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Does anyone remember Red Parker?

Jan 14, 2012, 8:48 AM

I was a kid, but I don't think we were too good during those years.

Red Parker--who most long time Clemson fans agree

Jan 14, 2012, 1:23 PM

was probably let go too soon--was given the task of rebuilding the football program left in shambles by Hootie Ingram. Ingram, oddly enough, eventually became the commissioner of the SEC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^^Pumper^^^^^^^^^^^***

Jan 14, 2012, 1:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jos10, the problems facing Coach Swinney

Jan 14, 2012, 1:52 PM

relates directly to the NC won by Ford. A large number of grads and fans, who were adults when we won that NC, want another (at least in their lifetimes,) and hold all coaches to a higher standard than is typical at other schools. Whether or not that goal is realistic is moot...the fact is most people have the attitude that if we won it once, we ought to be able to do so again, even considering how the game has changed over the years. Coach Swinney is facing that same pressure even earlier than others because of his relative youth, prior lack of experience as a HC, and certainly because of his unbridled enthusiasm and spirit, which some like and others don't. What a lot of people fail to remember is that even some of our greatest leaders have been generalists in nature yet very adept at selecting and managing subordinate leaders...General Eisenhower comes to mind in particular. This, I believe, is how I am beginning to perceive our Coach. The fact remains that he IS our Coach presently, and like you, I am going to support him, for I, also, believe that after all these years, he may well be onto something great! Thus, I'll wish him the best and keep my fingers crossed! GO TIGERS!

Message was edited by: hartins®

Re: Jos10, the problems facing Coach Swinney

Jan 14, 2012, 7:03 PM

Just because a fan dont always see eye to eye with everything Dabo does dont mean that they dont support this football program.Do I believe Clemson could have done better than hiring the wide receiver coach off a failed staff,no doubt,we could have done much better,but Dabo is our coach,it is what it is,that being said Ido want Dabo to succeed here because if he succeeds then Clemson is successful,but it does not mean that he is always right.He is not held to a higher standard as you suggest most Clemson fans just want to be competitive.Four times this year we were not.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying...

Jan 15, 2012, 9:51 AM

My point regarding being "held to a higher standard" was not directed ONLY toward Coach Swinney, but as to every coach following Ford, beginning with Hatfield on up to Swinney. That higher standard is a desire for another NC, and, thus, each coach at CU is viewed with the standard that Ford set with the NC. And I agree that all grads and fans of Clemson do not owe "blind" allegiance to the program, as I have long held the view that constructive criticism is healthy for ANY organization. You are correct, most CU folks DO want them to be competitive, but there is still in the minds of many of our family that NC...albeit, a 30-year-old one now!

Jan 14, 2012, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Jos10, the problems facing Coach Swinney ]

I agree. I witnessed that NC. I want more.
I do support Dabo. I'm ALL IN. I want CLEMSON the BEST in all areas!
'just a thought, a major documentary on what has changed in college football since that time would be pretty enlightening for everyone. Rules changes, etc.
The way things were at the time of Danny Ford were definitely different, and further back...into the '60's...even more so.
I'm sure the limited practices have changed the "sharpness" factor.
GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 14, 2012, 8:16 PM

But times have changed for all programs,everybody has the same practice time,the same number of scholorships,and yet the same programs year in and year out are in or near the top ten Bama LSU OAKLAHOMA BOISE STANFORD just to name a few,these programs dont win every game but they compete,Clemson dont always compete,thru the Hatfield,West,Bowden and now Swinney era,Clemson will always have a game or two each year that no one can explain they get whipped.Most Clemson fans dont screem for a NC every year we just want to compete with the big boys,and there is no reason that we should not be able to.

Hartins I agree

Jan 15, 2012, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Jos10, the problems facing Coach Swinney ]

The expectations are so high because of what Ford was able to do. I have high expectations for our program as well. They call pumpers delusional but believing that we can compete for the NC every year is just as delusional. It takes time to build a NC caliber program. When our coach describes our Clemson forum as the Devil's Playground it should send a message to the members of this board how negative we look at Clemson and the efforts put forth by our administration and staff. Dabo has done an excellent job in his short tenure and has earned the trust by Clemson to make this program better. If these "dumpers" would support instead of spending so much of their time being so negative about Clemson that might be able to clear their glasses enough to see the greatness that this program can achieve. Rome was not built in a day. It takes time. It takes wins and loses to become better. We learn more from a loss then a win. Dabo is learning how to bring Clemson back to the glory days. He does more for Clemson then anybody that post on this board. He is so sad that there are so many people out there that are this negative towards something they love so much. That is a really sad life to lead.

Great Post!!***

Jan 14, 2012, 3:03 PM

Why did you want Bowden fired after Wake?

Jan 14, 2012, 4:00 PM

After being 1 play away from being 10 win Atlantic champs the previous year, how could you turn on him midseason with all of our goals still left on the table? Why didn't you blindly believe our coach was going to improve us?

To quote you:

"support the coaches we have and believe that they will bring this program back to the glory days or shut the #### up"

Re: Why did you want Bowden fired after Wake?

Jan 14, 2012, 7:41 PM

I believed at that point TB had given up on Clemson. Also I think he had become complacent after ten years. Plus after ten years I believe we were able to see what kind of coach he was. I believe that we owe Dabo at least another 3-4 years.

Jan 14, 2012, 8:24 PM

We dont OWE Dabo anything,He makes 2 mil. a year to win football games if he cannot get it done in the next two years,he needs to go.And when I say get it done,I mean to make ue competitive in every game no more blow outs no more losing to the teams that we should beat,no more embarrasments.That being said Ido hope he gets it done for his sake and Clemson's

Jan 16, 2012, 9:48 PM

"if he cannot get it done in the next two years, he needs to go."

What does "he need to get done?"

He has already taken to the ACCCG twice with a Championship this year. Does he really have to win a NC in the next 2 years to gain your support???

Jan 17, 2012, 12:32 AM

Read my post I did not say anything about a NC,you have read several of my posts already,but let me repeat this,it is about being competitive in every game,not getting smashed two or three times a year.Do you really think that we really competed in our four losses,we were totally destroyed.I have seen a time when Clemson did compete,did not win every game,but the other team knew when it was over that they had been in a fight.We dont see that any more,we are soft,we are weak,and yes we do quit,as we seen several times this year.The ACC it was great to finally win it again,I was there,but again what did we really do.The ACC is terrible,could we have won the SEC or the big 12 no way.

This is the best post I have read on TN in a long, long time

Jan 14, 2012, 7:24 PM

Most of the people on here are clueless members of the lunatic fringe who need to get a life. Get off of Dabo's back! Would you have fired Rob Spence? Yes. Would you have fired Billy Napier? Yes. After three years of bad linebacker play and the worst scoring defense since the awful 1975 team would you have fired Kevin Steele? Yes. So shut the hell up. Dabo ain't perfect. No one is. But Dabo is spilling his guts for the Clemson program.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the best post I have read on TN in a long, long time

Jan 14, 2012, 7:30 PM

you guys are right of course but you will soon find your head bleeding trying to talk to the element on this site and others that would not be happy if we won the super bowl. they are just pathetic human beings that can not be pleased.

I love the Tigers and your post makes me nauseated ...

Jan 14, 2012, 9:43 PM

Players were not "all in" when they gave up 70 pts - not just awful, the worst in college football history. The lack of effort and accountability during the MD, GaT, WFU, NCSU, SC & WVU is squarely on the players and coaches ... not me as an alumnus and booster.

Please don't tell me I'm not all in when every family member, friend and acquaintance of mine from Virginia to Georgia laughed, gave me crap, and shook their heads at our Jekyll and Hyde efforts this season ending our team and coaches flat out quitting against WVU. Clemson is a national punchline for our lack of effort and inconsistent performances. If you can stomach that reputation, you have low personal standards and low expectations for our team. If that is the case, I consider you "a so-called fan" for not holding our players and coaches accountabile for their efforts. With the salaries the coaches make and the pampering the players receive, I expect consistent effort.

Dabo, the Scotts and the staff did one #### of a job recruiting this past year. And Dabo made his best decision in hiring Chad Morris who did an oustanding job with Chad Morris and the wideouts. All this holding true, the quitting this year took place on the field not in the stands.

The coaches are to be commended for the physically tremendous Offensive talent they placed on the field. Defensively and mentally these players were as brittle and schizophrenic as any that have ever played the college game. Hopefully, next year we will see some mental maturity and less quitting. These "I love the Tigers whether they try or not" posts on T-Net exclaiming the emperor is fully clothed, and Dabo stating Tiger fans should be all in when our team quits on the field is divisive and nauseating. Go Tigers!

To offensive pumpers

Jan 14, 2012, 10:15 PM

Where are you getting your facts? The games we lost were from offensive let downs. There is NO defense in the world can help an offense like we run. Our defense spent way too much time on the field. As good as Batson is. He can't help that much time on the field for our D.
3 and outs and turnovers!!!!!!! The Good Lord couldn't help!!!!!!

To offensive pumpers

Jan 14, 2012, 10:19 PM [ in reply to I love the Tigers and your post makes me nauseated ... ]

Where are you getting your facts? The games we lost were from offensive let downs. There is NO defense in the world can help an offense like we run. Our defense spent way too much time on the field. As good as Batson is. He can't help that much time on the field for our D.
3 and outs and turnovers!!!!!!! The Good Lord couldn't help us.

Re: I love the Tigers and your post makes me nauseated ...

Jan 15, 2012, 6:37 PM [ in reply to I love the Tigers and your post makes me nauseated ... ]

Great post too bad many fans just can not see thru their Dabo colored glasses.Yes this team quit in the four losses this year,they got beat physically,and were not mentally prepared.Happens every year two or three times.Dabo can spin it,he can take shots at the fans and the media,but the problems start with the HC.

break that up into about 3 paragraphs and I might read it.***

Jan 14, 2012, 10:01 PM

Re: break that up into about 3 paragraphs and I might read it.***

Jan 15, 2012, 8:44 PM

You are correc. lol I should have gone back and broke it up. The words just kind of kept coming to me. Plus I when I write something that long I am always terrified that Tnet will sign me out before I can actually post it.

Re: break that up into about 3 paragraphs and I might read it.***

Jan 21, 2012, 6:15 PM

If you're concerned about that, write it into
wordpad, or sim, then cut and paste into the message
box...fine tune as necessary.
Then the timeout won't be an issue.

I understand but

Jan 15, 2012, 6:45 PM

What was your preseason prediction this year?

Re: I understand but

Jan 15, 2012, 6:59 PM

It dont matter about preseason predictions,you miss the point,yes 10-4 is a good season winning the ACC GREAT.But the fact remains the four losses were absolute beat downs.This team is always up and down,was that way under Bowden,same with Dabo.You can not spin away the pathetic effort in these games,we were not even competitive,in the end thats what most Clemson fans want to be competitive

Jan 15, 2012, 8:41 PM

So if i would have told you in July that this year we will go 10-4 with an ACC Championship, but we will have some tough loses. You would have not been happy with that? Absurd. We were very competitive in 10 games and had some breakdowns in the 4 loses. USCUK had breakdowns this year, OK St had them, hell everybody in college football had breakdowns this year, but they are saying fire their coach. They will try and learn from their mistakes and become a better football team. As fans our job is to support the staff we have in place and pull like hell that they do a great job. Our job is not to pull for us to lose so wean fire the coach that you dislike. Stop pulling against Clemson and start pulling for Clemson.

Joswego ... I like your style and you seem to be a great

Jan 15, 2012, 9:18 PM

Tiger supporter. That is great ... Now I love the Tigers too. And I expect the same level of devotion from the players and coaches as you expect from us subservient fans and alumni. I do have a beef when the coaches tell me the team has prepared well for a game, and the players don't hit, make mental mistakes and tell us after the game they took the game off.

You state correctly the team made improvement this year. I believe I expected 7 - 5 before the season started, and Chad, Tajh, Sammy and Ell-Train lifted us up above expectations. I have been disappointed with our soft play since Hatfield coached, and this year brought continued poor tackling and soft play with a few exceptions particularly Auburn and ACCCG.

Next year I'm hoping for more consistent and more physical play. And we will both be pulling for the guys in orange. Go Tigers!

Jan 16, 2012, 4:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I understand but ]

Had some breakdowns,are you kidding,We got crushed,whipped embarrased,far from just a few breakdowns.You are right when you say we need to support the staff and players,I do support this program,with that being said it is the job of this staff to get the team prepared both mentally and physically and four times this year they did not.The problem is that it happens every year.All thru the Bowden era,and now with Dabo.Of course you cant win every game,but there is no excuse for how we played at times this year,Dabo can spin it any way he wants to but we have some big issues.But again I will support Dabo

Can we fire him if he loses to Wake?***

Jan 15, 2012, 8:52 PM

Re: Can we fire him if he loses to Wake?***

Jan 16, 2012, 8:04 PM

Ask Tommy Bowden about that

Re: Can we fire him if he loses to Wake?***

Jan 16, 2012, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Can we fire him if he loses to Wake?*** ]

After ten years yeah sure!

Re: Soc and Pawz

Jan 16, 2012, 9:33 PM

Soc I feel the same way. Do i get upset when we get beat by better coaching? Of course I do, unlike Pawz I do not get on TNet and tell Tiger Nation how much of a better coach/AD I could be. I don't mind the disagreements about who our coach is. But if our on fans want us to lose so we can fire the current coach then hire another coach for them to #### and moan about the next coach. It's ridiculous.
To the point of spinning it, IMO I believe either Dabo can spin it or either he can let the media spin it. When the media grabs a hold of it it always becomes negative about our players. IMO I would rather Dabo protect kids as a much as possible.

Jan 16, 2012, 10:26 PM

I dont know what makes you think that I want us to lose so we can fire Dabo.I have never said that at all.I have been a Clemson fan for over forty years,and always support this program,no matter who the coach is.Do I believe we could have hired a better head coach,absolutely ,but Dabo is our coach,and I will support him.That beimg said,that does not mean that everything he says or does is perfect like many of you do. Just because some people on this board dont see eye to eye with you and your love for Dabo,does not mean that they are coots or dumpers or haters,its just a difference of opinon

Jan 16, 2012, 10:37 PM

Nobody is perfect we are all human. I am not sure who you think we could have hired that would have taken us to the ACCCG twice in his first 3 years. Like I said I don't mind the difference of opinion but you and like many others on this board want Dabo to get fired. I just don't understand it. He has a done some great things. Is he still learning how to become a better coach? Of course he is. Just I am still learning how to become a better father, husband, manager, etc. Does that mean that I don't get my ### whipped sometimes? No I get my ### whipped more often then I succeed, but what makes me a man is that I get up knock the dirt off and try to fix the problem before it can happen again.

Do you think we should fire Dabo?

Jan 17, 2012, 12:16 AM

You are right Joswego,the only perfect person to ever walk this was my lord and saviour JESUS CHRIST.I did not say Dabo was perfect,I said some of you on this board act like he is,because you think everything he does for this program is right.What other coach could we have gotten that could have done at least as good as Dabo the last three years,well it would be a long list,but assuming Clemson would have put up some real money and not hired on the cheap,here are a few,Gary Patterson,Chris Peterson,Brady Hoke,Troy Calhoun,and yes,our soon to be named DC Brent Venables.As far as Dabo still learning to be a HC,thats why I believe Clemson should have hired someone with at least coordinator experience.That being said,Ido not believe Dabo should be fired,but if the annual butt whippings continue,he will be on a short leash ,and his seat will stay hot.I do support this team always have always will,GO tigers

Jan 17, 2012, 2:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Soc and Pawz ]

are you drunk? me too!

Jan 17, 2012, 10:48 PM

Kind of thinking I should be thunderbritches ...

Agreed! I also pulled for Hootie & Red - hard times I mean.***

Jan 17, 2012, 7:09 AM

Re: Agreed! I also pulled for Hootie & Red - hard times I mean.***

Jan 18, 2012, 2:04 PM

I wasn't alive for Hootie and Red but i would have pulled for them.

Jan 18, 2012, 2:21 PM

I've been going to Clemson games since I was a kid. If I'm willing to sit in the upper deck without a raincoat and watch us lose to TCU, then I don't think anyone can ever question my resolve.

I love this team and I will stand behind our coach. When he speaks about this team, I truly believe he loves Clemson and these players. I never saw the same level of emotion from Tommy. Dabo is a coach that embodies this school's spirit and everything that it stands for.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic