Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me sum up why I hate the Hokies.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 116
| visibility 51

Let me sum up why I hate the Hokies.

Sep 26, 2011, 1:54 PM

In 2007, when we were hosting the Hokies in Death Valley, as a sign of respect for the Va Tech shooting victims, our band played their alma mater. You could have heard a pin drop as everyone in the stadium was silent.

Immediately afterwards while our alma mater was being played, their entire visitor section erupted in a chorus of yells and boos.

Screw these redneck P's OS and I hope to God we run up the score.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure why you call us rednecks...

Sep 26, 2011, 1:56 PM

I'm the complete opposite of a redneck. Most VT people would think people in South Carolina are rednecks.

It's not geographic, it's behaviorial. Common mistake.

Sep 26, 2011, 1:57 PM

There are rednecks in North Dakota.

touché***

Sep 26, 2011, 2:02 PM

common mistake--for a redneck***

Sep 26, 2011, 2:20 PM [ in reply to It's not geographic, it's behaviorial. Common mistake. ]

spoken like a true redneck***

Sep 26, 2011, 1:58 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's because the rest of the nation is ignorant about the

Sep 26, 2011, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

deep south. Ironic, I know. You can thank Family Guy, the media for cherry picking interviewees and cliche southern jokes for your incorrect perception.

Also, please note that Clemson is a more highly thought-of academic institution than Virginia Tech. Not that Virginia Tech isn't a good school... it most certainly is, but when you think about Clemson people please don't forget our alums are coming from an elite institution.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's because the rest of the nation is ignorant about the

Sep 26, 2011, 4:49 PM

That's a nice thought, but not entirely accurate. Depends on what program you're interested in and who you ask. Some CU programs are ranked higher, other VT programs are ranked higher. For example, VT engineering school is ranked higher (by most sources) than CU.

Both are good schools. Neither is "elite," despite what Barker would have you believe.

> Also, please note that Clemson is a more highly
> thought-of academic institution than Virginia Tech.
> Not that Virginia Tech isn't a good school... it most
> certainly is, but when you think about Clemson people
> please don't forget our alums are coming from an
> elite institution.

The Federal government sees Clemson as an elite institution

Sep 26, 2011, 8:18 PM

when it looks at education on resumes.

Re: The Federal government sees Clemson as an elite institution

Sep 27, 2011, 9:17 AM

So when they want someone to suck the government ### they hire a CU kid? That's damning with faint praise.

>Re: The Federal government sees Clemson as an elite institution
> when it looks at education on resumes.

Whatever man, working for the State Department or the

Sep 27, 2011, 5:20 PM

Department of Defense would be a pretty cool job. If you would rather suck up to a corporate teet then go right ahead.

Clemson is ranked better than chokies as overall college

Sep 26, 2011, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: That's because the rest of the nation is ignorant about the ]

I hate VT

US News Ranking Inside - Spoiler Alert: They're about equal

Sep 27, 2011, 11:30 AM [ in reply to That's because the rest of the nation is ignorant about the ]

This is my first post here and it's a shame seeing Virginia Tech brining out these types of reactions. I have a ton of respect for Clemson University both on and off the field. My older brother (who was also a Hokie) was two days away from starting his graduate education at Clemson before passing away so your University holds a special place in my heart and my families heart.

In any case, I felt compelled to look up the US News rankins...(and yes, I know these are subjective, biased rankings)

US News Ranking - Best Colleges
t-68 - Clemson
t-68 - Rutgers
t-68 - Minnesota
t-71 - BYU
t-71 - MichSt
t-71 - Iowa
t-71 - Virginia Tech

Virginia Tech and Clemson appear to be neck and neck.
Source: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/spp%2B50/page+2

Interestingly, both institutions sport excellent Business and Engineering programs. You can dig through the individual rankings below.

#25 Top Public School - Clemson:
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/clemson-university-217882/overall-rankings

#28 Top Public School - Virginia Tech:
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/virginia-tech-233921/overall-rankings

I'm looking forward to a great game this weekend. Safe travels to all who are making the journey.

RWC

would you say they are red neck and neck?***

Sep 27, 2011, 1:51 PM

You should spend some time amongst the Walmart Wolverines...

Sep 27, 2011, 2:08 PM [ in reply to That's because the rest of the nation is ignorant about the ]

of Michigan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."
Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

Would you prefer hillbilly?***

Sep 26, 2011, 2:16 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

inbreds in izods...

Sep 26, 2011, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

does that help?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: inbreds in izods...

Sep 26, 2011, 2:23 PM

Dat's fuuuunny. +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so he upholds that kind of behavior, I don't see him say

Sep 26, 2011, 11:10 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

saying it was wrong

A perfect representation of the gentlemen and scholars...

Sep 26, 2011, 11:16 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

...I found during my last trip to Blacksburg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDo1_is8GaU

I know the old 'everybody has 'em' adage...it's just that this was the only type I came across during the course of my day/night at your fine institution. VT has some of the worst (by worst, I'm referring to mindlessly vulgar, sloppy, crass jagoffs) fans I've ever come across. If it weren't for Maryland, you people would be the scourge of the Mid-Atlantic.

Re: I'm not sure why you call us rednecks...

Sep 27, 2011, 11:05 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

You are an idiot if you'd think Clemson is in a more redneck area than VT. Blacksburg is in the middle of absolute nowhere with nothing around it. People starting fires in trashcans in the tailgating lots is a routine thing in Blacksburg. Clemson is a southern school but we aren't near the redneck school people claim us to be.

i think maybe you've got us confused with WVU

Sep 27, 2011, 11:46 AM

i've been to nearly every home VT game for the last 10 years and i haven't seen people setting trash cans on fire even once. "routine"? how many VT games have you been to?

Re: i think maybe you've got us confused with WVU

Sep 27, 2011, 1:16 PM

No, WVU fans are pure class compared to Tech fans.

Sep 27, 2011, 5:36 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

see my post below!rednecks are poorly behaved people that should know better

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2011, 5:58 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

The vast majority of VPI&SU people are not rednecks.

Good people, very similar to Clemson folks.

I think the problem is you are too close to WVU and Maryland.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Thats funny I sure as hell see enough of your cars

Sep 28, 2011, 7:39 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

here for vacation. Bet the same is not true for you...

Get off our Board!

Sep 28, 2011, 12:38 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you call us rednecks... ]

Why do we have Hokies on hear?

Are yall feeling your false confidence from your weak schedule already?

Man, we owe you a little something and its coming on Saturday.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is why i hate the hokies

Sep 26, 2011, 1:56 PM

living in Va, they went from fans you would never see in the streets to the most obnoxious fanbase around. I want this game more than any other this yr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is why i hate the hokies

Sep 26, 2011, 2:07 PM
seth.jpg(17.1 K)

My hatred of this man carries over to all other Hokie sports!!

They renamed the NIT the Seth Greenberg Invitational***

Sep 26, 2011, 2:13 PM

You can hear him cuss out his players half way up the

Sep 26, 2011, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is why i hate the hokies ]

bleachers in LittleJohn. Not to mention he cries everytime they go to the NIT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

After the Babalola/Ford one-two punch in '05

Sep 27, 2011, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is why i hate the hokies ]

The very first thing that doucheb says is he'd like to see if Olu's foot was behind the 3-point line. Yeah, by like, 2 feet. You lost. Shut up.

I. Can't. Stop. Staring....***

Sep 26, 2011, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Here is why i hate the hokies ]

I AGREE!! Im from roanoke area and lots of bandwagon fans***

Sep 26, 2011, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Here is why i hate the hokies ]

No way....

Sep 28, 2011, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Here is why i hate the hokies ]
Classy fans.jpg(357.4 K)

You've been away too long.....remember our coot friends?

I couldn't agree more, and it is a point that I have brought

Sep 26, 2011, 1:59 PM

up time and time again with these turkeys who have found their way onto our board over the last 2 weeks.

I hate them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The rednecks go to VT, the classy kids go to UVa***

Sep 26, 2011, 2:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hipster ######### = Classy :)***

Sep 27, 2011, 11:53 AM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

1 of their admins sent his 2 kids to other va universities.***

Sep 27, 2011, 6:31 PM [ in reply to The rednecks go to VT, the classy kids go to UVa*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our 'Necks are better than your necks...

Sep 26, 2011, 2:16 PM

WAY better.

Plus Clemson even let VT run down the hill!***

Sep 26, 2011, 2:22 PM

We were going to let them run down THE HILL!!!

Sep 26, 2011, 2:23 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I had almost forgotten about that, that was the most

Sep 26, 2011, 5:01 PM

disrespectful display of behavior I have witnessed at Clemson. I couldnt believe how rude they were just after a gracious display of sportsmanship shown to them.

Re: I had almost forgotten about that, that was the most

Sep 26, 2011, 5:36 PM

I live in VA and I need to clarify something. The Hokies aren't that bad, it's those uppidy snobs at UVA that I can't stand. Most Hokies fans I have gotten to know are similar to most Clemson fans. Hey, we all have a little camo in our closets, ok? But God forbid you upset a UVA fan, they would probably try to slap a lawsuit on you or something. Or throw their bowtie at you.

*sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that

Sep 26, 2011, 10:46 PM

alma mater playing is part of your pre-game. Our alma mater does not hold anywhere near the importance that I understand it does at other schools. We had no idea that's what was going on.

We were just cheering, getting juiced for the beginning of the game.

No disrespect intended whatsoever, we just didn't realize what was going on.

At Lane this Saturday, you will see OUR pre-game ritual...the 2 bands, the leading in of the Corp of Cadets, Hokies Respect announcement by a former player...on and on. I don't expect you to know what OUR ritual is...you can't expect visiting fans to know yours.

I've been to every ACC and Big East (blech) stadium for at least one VT away game. Most of the time we do our own thing right from the beginning. Don't fault us for being rowdy and enthusiastic - Lord knows the ACC needs MORE of that, not less.

Re: *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that

Sep 26, 2011, 10:56 PM

I was there in my seat with my Hokie cousins. They all wondered what the heck the fans in the corner were doing and weren't really happy with their fanbase. That was truly disrespectful and unless you are blind, deaf, or absolutely hammered you would have known what was going on in the stadium.

All the following fan bases have gotten it, Auburn, UGA, A&M, Marshall, TCU, plus I am sure that i have missed a few. Only the turkeys couldn't quite understand what was going on at the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, a correction is required. Ignorant Rednecks from VT.....***

Sep 26, 2011, 11:26 PM

Get over yourselves. I was in the very very empty upper

Sep 27, 2011, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

deck that day. Had no idea what was happening at that moment.

Auburn, FSU, GT, UGA and SCAR fans have no issues...

Sep 27, 2011, 10:32 AM

with filling the corners of Death Valley to the brim. Aren't you guys supposed to be good travelers?

Um. I was in YOUR partial season ticket package seats...

Sep 27, 2011, 6:23 PM

not the visitor section. Our allotment was completely sold out months prior (duh). So many of us Hokie fans do what we do in Hooville - we buy up those silly "3 packs" your ticket office peddles, then dump the other 2 games.

I'm sure you sold out against AU and FSU, but face it...it's been YEARS you sold out a game that was not a heavy game with a large traveling rep fanbase.

And as far as the big conspiracy theory on our collective effort (4k+ fans mind you) to purposely disrupt your alma mater???? REALLY??? Now that I remember correctly, the VT ticket office did put a note in our visitor tickets: "Ok, here goes, MAKE SURE you all boo during pre-game..no..wait..even better, make it specifically their alma mater. They HATE that....

Delusional.

Um, as far as disrupting our alma mater, you absolutley did.

Sep 27, 2011, 6:27 PM

I don't understand you're argument over whether or not it was on purpose?

I'm also curious

Sep 27, 2011, 6:39 PM

to know if they were equally as disrespectful to other fans as they went through the season and other universities sought to convey their condolences and empathy for VaTech's tragic loss..........or were they just freakin' rude to Clemson???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can only make excuses for yourself

Sep 27, 2011, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Get over yourselves. I was in the very very empty upper ]

Even if you are in the upper deck where I usually sit, the PA announcement clearly states 'please stand for the Clemson University alma mater'.

I doubt the same will happen this week but I can't speak for what other Tiger fans will do at Lane.

I was sitting in the West Zone

Sep 27, 2011, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Get over yourselves. I was in the very very empty upper ]

right above and next to the Hokie contingent. While I'll accept that YOU may not have known what was going on, the folks in those sections sure did. There was nothing to boo (Clemson players coming on to field, etc.) other than our pregame ceremony. They were attempting to disrupt it, plain and simple.

Re: I was sitting in the West Zone

Sep 27, 2011, 5:41 PM

I'm really surprised by all this. I really enjoyed my trip to Clemson and thought you had a great fanbase.

That said, I had no idea about this whole alma mater thing. I can guarantee nobody was trying to disrupt your alma mater because I was there with 10 Hokies and none of us knew about this alma mater thing before now, and we were certainly not too drunk to know what was happening.

This really just comes down to our pregame ritual of getting loud and excited before games. Nobody would try to ruin your own ritual in your own house. But I can assure you, of the 10 people I was with, not a single one of us knew you guys were doing something special.

Must be a Commonwealth thing...***

Sep 27, 2011, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you may not have known, but it shouldn't have taken you long

Sep 26, 2011, 11:18 PM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

to figure it out and shut the hell up.

What was the point of your post - to further support the

Sep 26, 2011, 11:19 PM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

thought process that your fans are ignorant wipes ?

We pretty much do our own thing from the beginning - then why weren't you all rowdy and being your own cool selves while your alma mater was playing - especially since it doesn't mean that much to you ?

MAYBE, just MAYBE, if you paid attention to what was going on around you, you might learn something or see some other cool stuff other than the same group of rednecks bouncing around doing their own thing every away game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Then hopefully you won't be too upset with Dabo's

Sep 27, 2011, 10:37 AM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

postgame ritual.

Oh, and if you are, well "We don't give a crap."

That's no excuse.

Sep 27, 2011, 10:39 AM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

Unless VT is actually Virginia Tech School For The Deaf, there's a huge booming voice that comes over the PA system during pre-game that says "Please remain standing for the Clemson alma mater." Every single game.

Dude, the Hokie fans started to boo when the Clemson...

Sep 27, 2011, 11:00 AM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

...alma mater started to play. If they didn't know what was going on then why didn't they boo during the Hokie alma mater?

Clembert, their mascot is a turkey...

Sep 27, 2011, 2:22 PM

You'll confuse them with logic.

That's terrible behavior, if true.

Sep 27, 2011, 12:45 PM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

I wasn't there so I can't speak specifically to whether or not the VT fans in attendance knew that Clemson's alma mater was playing or if they were booing. What I can say is that if the VT fans in attendance booed during Clemson's alma mater imediately after the Clemson band finished playing the VT alma mater,then that behavior is really embarrassing. I'm sorry that happened. No wonder many on here have a negative perception of VT and its fans. I can say with 100% certainty that most of those who actually attend the game in Blacksburg will have a much different opinion when they leave.

Thanks.***

Sep 27, 2011, 5:02 PM

Re: That's terrible behavior, if true.

Sep 27, 2011, 5:43 PM [ in reply to That's terrible behavior, if true. ]

I understand why Clemson fans are upset, but I would've noticed if everyone around me was booing. It's more likely we were just making noise to get pumped up than booing.

When we win, how many car windows will be broken?***

Sep 27, 2011, 8:03 PM [ in reply to That's terrible behavior, if true. ]

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: When we win, how many car windows will be broken?***

Sep 27, 2011, 11:15 PM

Spoken like someone who hasn't won in Lane Stadium in a long time...

No, seriously. Your car will be fine. Let's not get melodramatic.

So, not just rude but ignorant, too***

Sep 27, 2011, 2:11 PM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

You couldn't figure it out until the song was over?

Sep 27, 2011, 3:31 PM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

Exactly how dumb are your fans?

null

Why didn't you holler when YOUR alma mater was played then?***

Sep 27, 2011, 6:27 PM [ in reply to *sigh*. I was there...and Hokie fans did not realize that ]

I was in tigerband and on the field for this...

Sep 27, 2011, 3:16 AM

And I lost all respect for VA Tech after this.

Heck, we are showing them respect and they want to act like coots.

Clemson Blues Brothers

Coots. Turkeys. Birds of a feather.***

Sep 27, 2011, 2:17 PM

VT fan here- we had no idea you were playing your alma mater

Sep 27, 2011, 10:24 AM

I dont think I have ever heard our band play our alma mater. I wasnt even aware that we had one let alone realize your band played ours. And I certainly didnt know when your band was playing yours. Sorry for disrupting your tradition but it wasnt a sign of disrespect.

How do you not know your alma mater?....

Sep 27, 2011, 10:35 AM

No disrespect intended but that just baffles me. What song does your school raise its banner to? What song do you rally around? What song signifies your schools identity if your alma mater isn't important? The Hokie Pokie?

Dueling banjos***

Sep 27, 2011, 10:56 AM

Real funny considering that was filmed in Oconee County***

Sep 28, 2011, 12:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

No response just a thumbs down

Sep 28, 2011, 12:50 PM

truth hurt??

You could always go somewhere else to spread your joy

Sep 28, 2011, 1:30 PM

Troll...

Do you not see the irony of someone who is right there

Sep 28, 2011, 1:55 PM

where something was filmed referencing it as an insult to someone else.

No, I just see your pathetic a$$ trying to stir more #### on

Sep 28, 2011, 2:20 PM

a Clemson message board when you "really" pull for Ark/Woff/Citadel...

see below

Sep 28, 2011, 2:02 PM [ in reply to You could always go somewhere else to spread your joy ]

you apparently only see my construed negative post

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=11085182

No...I see right through it...Pepper your flames with praise

Sep 28, 2011, 2:22 PM

doesn't help...Your obsession with Clemson is sad...

your stalking is sad***

Sep 28, 2011, 2:37 PM

As sad as yours?***

Sep 28, 2011, 3:12 PM

No, not quite***

Sep 28, 2011, 3:41 PM

At least you can admit THAT...It is a start...***

Sep 28, 2011, 5:06 PM

It is the first step***

Sep 28, 2011, 5:14 PM

The next will be finding another board to enlighten with

Sep 28, 2011, 5:34 PM

your Devil's advocacy...I have already suggested several...

"Dueling Banjos" was filmed?

Sep 28, 2011, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Real funny considering that was filmed in Oconee County*** ]

I thought it was a song written in the 1950's and used in a film made in the 1970's.

What's your point?

Actually it was filmed in Rabun County Georgia. Clayton GA***

Sep 28, 2011, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Real funny considering that was filmed in Oconee County*** ]

I went to Rabun Gap in the late 80's. During my interview

Sep 28, 2011, 7:32 PM

the Dean of Admissions told me "they filmed Deliverance not far from here", to which I replied "is that a Selling Point?".

I met the banjo boy in the late 80's

Sep 28, 2011, 8:30 PM

I was playing in a country/rock band up in clayton. Even in his 30's it was no denying who he was.

Had a blast with those folks.....and btw....they hate that movie and the song dueling banjos. Play that song up there and risk being lynched.

You're wrong. It was filmed in Georgia. At least get your

Sep 28, 2011, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Real funny considering that was filmed in Oconee County*** ]

facts straight before starting crap......coot

I don't think you know how he works...***

Sep 28, 2011, 7:33 PM

Because, it isn't our tradition. Period. Where is your

Sep 27, 2011, 6:26 PM [ in reply to How do you not know your alma mater?.... ]

Corp of Cadets and 2 marching bands? What? You don't have that? How can you identify CU then. Sheesh!

Uh...That isn't at all the same....

Sep 28, 2011, 4:25 AM

Every school has an alma mater and it IS the song that represents your university weather VT fans care about theirs or not (Check out a dictionary). The alma mater isn't our tradition. Its EVERY school's tradition. What you listed is unique to the school. You have 2 marching bands (congrats?). We have Howard's Rock and The Hill. Not the same.

Point is, we showed a great sign of respect to VT, its alumni, and its students by having a (very obvious) moment of silence and playing your school's (apparently incredibly unimportant) alma mater and we were not shown the same respect.

No offense, and I'm glad that it was unintended on your

Sep 27, 2011, 1:30 PM [ in reply to VT fan here- we had no idea you were playing your alma mater ]

part, but it seems that logic would tell you that when most of the fans in the stadium are standing and singing to something being played by the band, and the Nat'l Anthem has already been played, chances are it's the alma mater.

If it wasnt a sign of disrespect, it was a sign of ignorance***

Sep 27, 2011, 3:34 PM [ in reply to VT fan here- we had no idea you were playing your alma mater ]

null

Oh come on, "AND NOW JOIN THE BAND IN SINGING THE

Sep 27, 2011, 3:36 PM [ in reply to VT fan here- we had no idea you were playing your alma mater ]

CLEMSON ALMA-MATER" is announced before they do it, not really a "wasn't even aware" type of moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

maybe their inbreeding distracted them...***

Sep 27, 2011, 6:31 PM

Ignorance is not a valid excuse for being disrespectful...***

Sep 27, 2011, 6:28 PM [ in reply to VT fan here- we had no idea you were playing your alma mater ]

Nice try, coot.***

Sep 28, 2011, 12:35 PM [ in reply to VT fan here- we had no idea you were playing your alma mater ]

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Who won the game?

Sep 27, 2011, 11:00 AM

Can't recall the score.

65-39-4***

Sep 27, 2011, 11:04 AM

Can you remember the score of our game that year? Bet

Sep 27, 2011, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Who won the game? ]

you can remember losing...

Why I hate the Hokies.

Sep 27, 2011, 11:32 AM

Apparently I wasn't good enough to get into their school, which happened to be my #1 choice. I guess I should thank them for making me a Tiger though!

When I was a wee laddie, VPI was a joke. We would schedule

Sep 27, 2011, 1:49 PM

them for homecoming for a sure-bet win.

Then they did what Miami did (and USuCk has tried to do) and hired winning coaches and puppy-killing degenerate players to take them to "the next level."

Of course, all things must come to an end, as Miami's dominance did.

I say it's time to put an end to Hokie dominance in this conference just as we did to FSU's.

What do you expect from Yankee's?***

Sep 27, 2011, 3:39 PM

Virginia....the only state in which...

Sep 27, 2011, 4:04 PM

...one can get a divorce and still be legally considered brother and sister.

..:: ru4god2 ::..

FWIW

Sep 27, 2011, 4:16 PM

You misspelled West Virginia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I think maybe he's right. In WV, bros. and sisters typically

Sep 28, 2011, 12:44 PM

aren't.

Re: Let me sum up why I hate the Hokies.

Sep 27, 2011, 5:34 PM

very true, I still remember that. hokie fan in front of us(in 2,800.00 IPTAY seats stood and yelled "go hokies" during the alma mater! they truely are POS!!
!

I kind of understand

Sep 27, 2011, 7:10 PM

2007 I was abused and didn't want to go to jail for defending my team. I can't get revenge but this team can. Stop the run and have some fun. Hit the pass and kick some ###.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I just have one reason...

Sep 27, 2011, 8:47 PM

They're not Clemson

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
The Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Haven't we already seen this post

Sep 29, 2011, 10:32 AM

somewhere else?

BanHammer was not applied properly***

Sep 29, 2011, 10:42 AM

Was at that game as well in upper deck and this is first i

Sep 28, 2011, 5:18 PM

have heard of this. Usually the travelling fanbase are the "true" college football fans so im surprised to hear of this.

Its too bad, most people from Va tech really like Clemson and the fact that its very similar to VT(ag, engineering, miltary tradtion)

Hopefully, we make this up to you in the form of some great hospitality for those making the trip!

Replies: 116
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic