Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all of you talking down about Dabo's response on TV...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

For all of you talking down about Dabo's response on TV...

Sep 19, 2011, 4:23 PM

Dabo Swinney was put in a very tight spot by Clemson University. Tommy Bowden, to the AD, could not possibly stay another day, despite the length left on his contract. So they let him go. But, because of that contract, they did not have the money to go out and chase down a big time, big name, established coach. So, they put Dabo in as interim, he beats USC, gives us something to believe in and he gets the job, for a low price.

First season, division champs. Second season, first losing record in many many years. He came into his third season, already on the hot spot, with some people calling for his head, picking at every fault of his inexperience, and not appreciating the difficulty of the job that Dabo was called to do.

To begin this season, the team goes 2-0, but everyone is calling for his head because of poor defensive play, poor offensive line play, and uncertainty in the hire of Chad Morris. ALL of these criticisms came out before Dabo, Morris and Steele released their actual game plans.

Then, the defending National Champions come to Death Valley, and Dabo tells them that they can either be the 18th victim, or the ones to break the streak. They come out, go down 21-7. How do you think Dabo felt then?

But the team didn't quit. We didn't see dropped heads on the sidelines.. instead we saw a leader, Boyd, walking around to his offensive teammates, reassuring them, and more importantly carrying that leadership to the field where he led the offense to over 600 yards of total offense, not to mention he threw for 4 TDs and was more of a threat on his feet.

For the first time in a LONG time, Clemson stepped up in a big game and WON. And now, after ALL of the criticizing, you choose to criticize his excitement at beating the Defending National Champions and the holder of the longest-winning streak in the country?

Maybe what he said on TV wasn't the most politically correct or pleasing to absolutely everyone who possibly could of seen it. But, what he did show is a man who took PRIDE in the payoff of hard work, stress, and hard decisions.

Dabo has stuck his neck out, to a pack of fans that turn on their leader more often and not. So, if he wants to be excited and yell on the middle of the field, at home, after a victory like that, then so be it.

Go Tigers!
Beat FSU!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post!***

Sep 19, 2011, 4:26 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

could you bold the important parts?***

Sep 19, 2011, 4:27 PM

sorry..being short isn't one of my strengths, woman thing******

Sep 19, 2011, 4:28 PM

weird..."No! I have a headache!" seems pretty short.

Sep 19, 2011, 4:31 PM

;)

Ol' reliable. works every time****

Sep 19, 2011, 4:38 PM

nm

Re: For all of you talking down about Dabo's response on TV...

Sep 19, 2011, 4:27 PM

Yeah you're right. It's not Dabo's fault he got hired into a position he was a decade out of even being able to apply for. I'm a firm believer that the person who deserves all the heat is not Dabo, he's doing the best he knows how, but TDP for pretty much the definition of a panic hire.

For now, keep winning and none of this matters. If Dabo is fired for whatever reasons in the future, I believe that TDP is the only person who deserves any blame. Dabo never over sold himself, TDP just over bought the chanting.

No matter what you can say, it was a very poor hire. But that does not mean that it cannot still be a successful hire....

Sep 19, 2011, 4:30 PM

If I remember correctly, a LOT of fans were screaming for Dabo to have the HC job after beating USuc.

Sep 19, 2011, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: For all of you talking down about Dabo's response on TV... ]

what rock did they find you under. some of you idiots would not be happy if dabo won the super bowl

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2011, 4:37 PM

Well, a person who was never actually under any rock? Dabo was hired before I became a student at Clemson. As a life long Florida fan (family from Florida, they all went to UF, etc) I can relate the Dabo hire very well to the Ron Zook hire.

I am still very objective as a whole to not only Clemson football, but college football in general. A div1 program like Clemson does not need to be hiring a WR Coach from a staff that was just canned for their ineptitude. That hire was a "###?!" moment from 99% of America's population who was paying any attention at all.

All i'm saying is the hire is poor, and that reflects on TDP, not Dabo. Ron Zook is a swell guy, full of energy and really wants to win, but he was put in a position much too tough for him, with very high expectations and wasn't able to produce, no matter how badly he wanted it to happen.

I'm not rooting against Dabo, i'm rooting for him. Like I said, a poor hire does not mean it cannot still be a successful hire (see: Les Miles)

so was the Danny Ford hire ... but it worked!!***

Sep 19, 2011, 4:52 PM

he has no clue about such things -- he wasn't even a dirty

Sep 20, 2011, 7:31 PM

thought at the time

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Clemson 38 - Auburn 24. That is all.***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: For all of you talking down about Dabo's response on TV... ]

I'm sorry, but I am not following your logic... "A poor hire

Sep 20, 2011, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: For all of you talking down about Dabo's response on TV... ]

can still be a very successful hire."

If Dabo turns out to be the winningest coach of all time at Clemson, in the ACC, and in the NCAA (winning multiple national championships during his tenure of course), you are still going to be saying it is a poor hire?

Perhaps TDP did more looking and researching than you or I will ever know. Perhaps TDP saw Dabo's potential and drive to succeed in all he does and has ever done.

Stay tuned grasshopper, whether Dabo was a poor hire or the best hire Clemson football has ever had remains to be seen!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Suck on this:

Sep 19, 2011, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: For all of you talking down about Dabo's response on TV... ]

38-24

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What am I sucking on?

Sep 19, 2011, 5:22 PM

I was at the game, no need to relay the score to me.

Sep 19, 2011, 4:29 PM

Very well put. I will take that kind of response over we were one play away from winning. I like a coach who has some spark.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw nothing wrong with what he said. I like a coach with some fire in him and some love for DV!! Some people can't be pleased and they are residents of TN.

Wait, wut?!

Sep 19, 2011, 4:32 PM

I missed ur meaning there, pard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Well said! Point for you! Some sop called Tiger fans will

never be happy no matter what.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was funny has helll and I love Dabo. It wasn't very

polished but who cares? You'd never see Urban Meyer, Frank Beamer, or Bob Stoops do that but so what?

I could see Les Miles doing it maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could see Gruden or Cowher doing it too.***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:04 PM

True***

Sep 19, 2011, 9:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was a combination of things...

Dabo's not an idiot and realizes how big the win was for the perception of himself as a coach and the staff he hired. A loss would've caused thousands of questions and may have been the beginning of the end of Dabo's coaching career at Clemson.

Also, I think we forget the amount of hatred Dabo has toward Auburn. He grew up a huge Alabama fan and played at Alabama. Beating Auburn is not like Clemson beating SCar. It's bigger than that. That rivalry has a lot of hatred in it and I think that certainly came out for the split seconds after the game.

All 100% true!***

Sep 20, 2011, 7:32 PM

You should write for the Lifetime Channel.

At the end of your happy movie Dabo can kiss his wife while confetti falls and fireworks go off above the West End Zone.

Now for reality. It's been nearly a lifetime since Clemson was in a dominant position. In fact it's never happened in your lifetime. Hopefully that is changing. By the way, it's called a Hot Seat. Hot Spot is a convenience store.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should never write anything...

Sep 19, 2011, 4:37 PM

if you don't expect dominance from this team with the amount of talent that we recruit and the money spent on athletic scholarships.

Lets just get real here, college tuition is only going up year after year.

What I am excited to see is members of our team going out and playing with CONFIDENCE in their abilities and confidence in the game plan put forth by their coaches. How many times did you see Boyd and Watkins talk about settling down and just doing what they had been taught over and over in practice in the game? Watkins couldn't stop placing the credit for his success on his coaches.

I may not be old enough to have been alive during Clemson's Golden Age, but I'm close enough to have heard about it, to have a big family who lived through it, and to have always been taught that Saturday's are Clemson Football Days.. and if we don't come out and win, then something is wrong.

Sorry if you have a problem with young enthusiasm, but I would like to point out that you are the one being rude here, not me.

So please keep your rude statements to yourself.

If Dabo wins a couple more games

Sep 19, 2011, 4:32 PM

he will be able to name where he wants to go.....and the haters will be left here by themselves....

Re: If Dabo wins a couple more games

Sep 19, 2011, 4:38 PM

Huh?

Great post.

Sep 19, 2011, 3:36 PM

Point for you.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

It was pure Dabo. I'm looking forward to a lot more moments

Sep 19, 2011, 4:39 PM

like that to be honest.

For what it's worth, he's got this team believing they can win. That's what I saw out on the field Saturday afternoon - a team that believes they can win, that's not afraid of anyone. Hadn't seen that in Death Valley in quite some time. I hope he keeps it up.

Go Tigers! Beat FSU!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! That tops my Children dieing from Cancer every second

Sep 19, 2011, 4:40 PM

of every day story. Thanks for putting things in prospective

I loved his response on TV....

Sep 19, 2011, 4:47 PM

fired me up when it happened. I like when coaches actually show their emotions.

I even liked Mike Gundy's outburst a few years ago. People made fun of him, but now he's coaching a top-10 team.

It was a huge moment for Dabo to win that game. Based on the TV, the energy level in that stadium the last 1:20 was insane. People were going nuts and when Dabo got to the interview with students all over his back...he just let it all out.

Loved it!!

Sep 19, 2011, 4:56 PM

I'll hold the drum you keep beating it
Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2011, 5:08 PM

Wow if yall could somehow win the acc I think dabo might actually blast off into orbit.

Waitaminute. You're a furman grad????***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:09 PM

Furman Student...chose for academics**

Sep 19, 2011, 5:11 PM

nm

Oh the irony.***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:13 PM

yup. Nothing like being lectured about fanhood by someone

Sep 19, 2011, 5:17 PM

who spent their 4 years of tuition elsewhere.

"I'm the best fan in the whole world and you guys are terrible." "P.S. I was too smart for Clemson."

I'm sorry that Clemson isn't a liberal arts school..

Sep 19, 2011, 5:20 PM

and the liberal arts is what I needed for my career-choice.

Either way, my money goes to Clemson, I'm in Death Valley being loud, and I'm supportive of MY team.

So what is it that you are yelling about?
Besides the fact that you are old and utterly out of touch with the world.

Hey toots. The mange has established...no diploma=no fan.

Sep 19, 2011, 5:27 PM

You can't argue with that.

ELOHEL!!

Sep 19, 2011, 5:30 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry that Clemson isn't a liberal arts school.. ]

liberal arts --> career choice.

You don't need a liberal arts degree to make me a sammich!!!

Keep talking bad all y'all want to..

Sep 19, 2011, 5:32 PM

But I make the sandwich, buy the bread, buy the meat, buy the plate, bought the table, and bought the house that all of this woman work is done in because of my liberal arts education.

we talk bad becasue liberals is bad.

Sep 19, 2011, 5:33 PM

amirite??!?

Interesting.***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Furman Student...chose for academics** ]

Re: Interesting.***

I'm an Auburn man and I think Dabo should ride this wave all the way to another win, and another, and another. He's also an Alabama grad, so I'm sure it's nice to add that to the mix, but I would hope this is mostly about Clemson. Ya'll deserve it!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop perpeuating the money myth. Money was never an issue

Dabo jummped at the opportunity to be head coach, it wasn't a tight spot by any means.

Clemson didn't go hire a big time coach because they figured they could turn the same profits with Dabo as they could with Tommy.

If it didn't work out they had a built in excuse, Dabo was inexperienced. If it does work out, they get a feel good story about how they took a long shot on a guy that won the hearts of the team and gave him an opportunity to do something big.

It was a win/win for TDP/Barker.

Dabo WAS unprofessional, emotional, etc. I don't care, I'm just glad to see the Tigers win!

Agree 100% well put, and FYI we were favored to beat Auburn

Sep 19, 2011, 9:43 PM

and people think a great year for them this year is a winning season. it was a big win, but not an upset or program defining or changing win. it's one game.

Re: Agree 100% well put, and FYI we were favored to beat Auburn

Sep 19, 2011, 9:45 PM

better worry about them comode doors blue cootie

must be sad being you living to stalk people. very creepy.

Sep 19, 2011, 9:49 PM

get a life.

Tell 'em garnet_caddy***

Sep 19, 2011, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Agree 100% well put, and FYI we were favored to beat Auburn ]

Wonderful post!***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:32 PM

DANG SKIPPY. Tell 'em Dabo!***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post! I agree 100%.***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:38 PM

I'v been faithful to Dabo since he wept when he announced...

Sep 19, 2011, 5:38 PM

he was OUR head coach. Tears of joy, it appears and rightly so since he got the opportunity of his life.

He hasn't been HC long enough for a complete evaluation. No body fires a new hire for it makes them look bad for the hire in the first place. Even the radical moron of the SEC will allow a new coach four or five years to get 'his,' guys on the field. This always disregards the talent he inherited.

I am not so worried about the Dabo haters. They got to have somebody to hate so perhaps if they hate on Dabo they won't beat their wives and children aa much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh, you know he's cheating on you with his wife, right?***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:40 PM

LOL, You take back the lie or I'll scratch your eyes out you

Sep 19, 2011, 5:47 PM

trrraaammp.

slly post, this was not a typical situation.***

Sep 19, 2011, 9:44 PM [ in reply to I'v been faithful to Dabo since he wept when he announced... ]

You said things that needed to be said. Thank you!

Sep 19, 2011, 8:46 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how about we play the season out before we crown him***

Sep 19, 2011, 9:13 PM

exactly, if one loss doesn't get you fired one win isn't

cause for lifetime contracts, but then, pumpers are not rational, everything with them is emotional and most irrational.

Sep 19, 2011, 9:24 PM

For the first time in my 22 years on this planet and as a Tiger fan, I finally see a coach who is truly as fired up about this program, town, school, and family as I am. I am so tired of people bashing him as an HC. If you break down what you think a good HC is, he is doing it.

He got rid of friend Billy Napier for Chad Morris, which I think I can speak for everyone and say that's one of the best hires in years. He's a fantastic recruiter. He seems to be a great motivator. And most importantly, he seems to care about Clemson like we do. I know I would have definitely yelled in the microphone after my guys came back from behind for me and won. Did ya'll see the reaction of the kids who were around him? This is what we need. A young, energetic guy to get the 42 or so freshmen fired up and excited to play for us on Saturdays.

Dabo's got a great staff around him, and a ridiculous amount of talent. He has every right to be excited and so do we. We have a lot to look forward to over the next 24 months (or however long we can keep Morris).

The most important characteristic of Dabo--he wants to win at all costs. Lets let him know that we support him and the Tigers. If the Valley's as rowdy for the Noles as it was last week, they don't stand a chance!

Go Tigers!!

Re: For all of you talking down about Dabo's

I'm still not completely sold on him but d@mn good post! I saw nothing wrong with his post game rant. If anything it got me believing again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you. It really ticks me off that people had a problem

Sep 20, 2011, 8:46 AM

with Dabo's post-game interview. Screw 'em. I'm ALL IN.

Thanks for this posts...

Sep 20, 2011, 9:01 AM

99% of the people criticizing him were also screaming things from the top of their lings and jumping up and down. I know I was!

While I'm not yet a believer in Dabo as a D1 head coach, I love the fact that he's real and "don't give a crap." He could have done a cartwheel and shook a pom-pom after that win and I'd still call bull on the critics. No one seems to mind when he's in the face of a ref after a poor call... so exactly when CAN a head coach show excitement and show his emotions after a big win? Only in the privacy of his own home or office? Come on.... give the guy a break. Lets at least allow him to be human.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic