Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really hope someone is keeping a detailed account of...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

I really hope someone is keeping a detailed account of...

Nov 18, 2010, 8:45 AM

all these people that are "all-out" and want Dabo and the entire staff gone.

The bandwagon is empty folks but you know these are the same ones that will be hopping right back on come winning ways. You know the ones that fill up the top deck corners when we are ranked or undefeated? Bandwagon fans.

Call me a "pumper" all you want but I'm a fan of Clemson University no matter who the coach is and a true fan never pulls against his team. Ever. And if everyone being accused of a "pumper" is in the same boat as me, I'll proudly cheer beside them in Death Valley.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a fan, too, but I don't blindly support somebody.....

Nov 18, 2010, 8:56 AM

just because they're the coach, etc. - it's because I am a fan that I speak out when I don't think things are going right. Don't confuse wanting a change with not supporting the team.

If fans don't let it be known how they feel then change won't occur. Now, at the same time, I'm not one who feels DS should be fired at the end of this season - my take is that he must make changes to his coaching staff first.

I want DS to succeed - don't want us to have to go through yet-another coaching change. But if time does show that DS isn't getting it done then a change for HC will need to be made.

I'm not saying anything until the end of 2012 or 2013

Nov 18, 2010, 8:58 AM

If things aren't drastically improved by then, then I'll be one wanting a change

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This ^^^^ I have never said Dabo is great....

Nov 18, 2010, 9:33 AM

go back and look at posts. I have only railed against those that are derogatory to the coaches, team and "positive" fans. IMO, they are fair-weather, unrealistic fans who don't understand the game OR leadership.

dude dabo was not hired to rebuild.***

Nov 19, 2010, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I'm not saying anything until the end of 2012 or 2013 ]

Okay. So what? Do you think it's good for a program to

Nov 19, 2010, 3:23 PM

switch coaches this soon? Do you think we'd take a recruiting hit? No doubt we would.

You must admit, even though it is your OPINION that dabo won't/can't get it done at Clemson, you have absolutely no way to be certain of it. In fact, it's possible, some even think likely, that he WILL get it done.

Too early to tell, particularly the way the season has unfolded, and all the ridiculous ways we've found to lose games this year when we should have won them.

Too early to rock the boat. That's what I say, and I think i'm part of the VAST majority of Clemson fans who feel that way. Too bad the media bases fanbase depictions on message boards temperatures, which are much more likely to reflect negative sentiment than what actually exists in a fanbase.

You folks can definitely be responsible for a self fulfilling prophesy by creating the perception our coaching staff is not stable, when in fact they are, at least for next year.

How's about we let Dabo and Napier land this recruiting class and give them a full three years, which I think almost ANYONE would think is a reasonable amount of time, before you get all lathered up.

Sure there are times when changes should be made....

Nov 18, 2010, 9:01 AM [ in reply to I'm a fan, too, but I don't blindly support somebody..... ]

(This isn't one of them...but that's a different conversation). I'm talking about our fans (using the word loosely) that would pull against our team or sell their tickets to gamecock fans so changes can be made. That is never the answer.

wrong. it's the only answer. its how hatfield was fired and

Nov 19, 2010, 2:01 PM

why TB was fired. attendance was starting to slip and people were raising hell.

if people gave their money and kept their mouths shut there would never be change.

And look where that got us...***

Nov 19, 2010, 3:50 PM

But you'll blindly jump at the chance to get rid of him

Nov 19, 2010, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I'm a fan, too, but I don't blindly support somebody..... ]

without any basis. Dabo might not end up as the greatest coach in the world, but he has not been in charge long enough to compile stats or make a judgement to say he does not know how to coach. When I watch this team, I see a team that plays hard, are very physical, and are still mentally there despite the hardships of the year. Those are positive qualities only good coaches can instill. Not to mention in his 1st season he took us to the ACC title game. Dabo's start may not be as glorious as we might have wanted. He's not as good now as some try to say, but he also is unfairly criticized by a lot of people who quite frankly, imho, don't know much about football as they think they do!

Yeah, but what did you think about Hatfield?***

Nov 18, 2010, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He couldn't recruit ... Dabo can.***

Nov 19, 2010, 10:45 AM

but he can't coach. he should be recruiting co not HC.***

Nov 19, 2010, 2:02 PM

pretty good record and clean***

Nov 19, 2010, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Yeah, but what did you think about Hatfield?*** ]

People like you are why Bowden was able to lurk around

Nov 18, 2010, 9:20 AM

for almost a decade...

I didn't realize Dabo had been here a decade...

Nov 18, 2010, 9:28 AM

And didn't support Bowden for his last 3-4 years here. I still would never pull against my University. That is not being a fan.

dabo is an extension of TB.***

Nov 19, 2010, 2:02 PM

That is simpleton logic.

Nov 29, 2010, 2:52 AM

So because Dabo was on TB's staff, he's just like TB and shouldn't get as much time to prove himself as another coach?!? That's just stupid.

Keep thinking that Dabo is just like TB, simply because he was on TB's staff. Whatever makes you feel better...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

To goclemsontigs

Nov 29, 2010, 2:50 AM [ in reply to I didn't realize Dabo had been here a decade... ]

you are the worst kind of fan...you hurt this university way more than anybody who sells off their tickets or witholds their money. You support the crap we saw on the field Saturday night. You hurt this university and prevent foward progress. Give yourself an atta-boy, you and Dabo deserve it! Go Jump off the cliff with Dabo.

exactly***

Nov 19, 2010, 2:02 PM [ in reply to People like you are why Bowden was able to lurk around ]

Why pass it off to someone else, keep a list yourself

Nov 18, 2010, 9:59 AM

And add me too it. I've said Dabo was mistake from the begining. I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong, with results on the field.

WAKE FOREST has an ACC Title!!!! End of story.

By this logic, you are unamerican if you don't vote Obama

Nov 18, 2010, 10:57 AM

next election. Support for the incumbent has absolutely no connection with support for the entity he represents.

But ignoring that, do you really think this entire staff will be here when we win our next ACC Championship?

Re: I really hope someone is keeping a detailed account of...

Nov 18, 2010, 10:59 AM

Woo hoo!

and with that you just lost any and all credibility. ;)***

Nov 18, 2010, 11:14 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

go ahead and mark me down as one who thinks dabo is in

Nov 18, 2010, 11:13 AM

over his head. then again, i said that 2 years ago. i would have hired a big name coach to take us to the next level, but that's just me. we're clemson, and evidently we're cheap.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

I believe employees at

Nov 18, 2010, 11:19 AM

Enron would share your thoughts...

Stay strong. I am not so much against Dabo, but more against the administration making horrible decisions on limited information ALL THE TIME across ALL SPORTS.

Amen***

Nov 18, 2010, 11:30 AM

null

Nov 19, 2010, 10:14 AM

I'm with you. I pull for the kids in Orange. Always have, always will. Do I like losing, nope! But wins and losses are a part of life. I would never boo a student athlete. That's someone's little boy or girl living their dream. Do you want people telling you your kid sucks? No so don't do it to others. Write DS,TDP. Barker or BOT. They are fair game, but cheer for our kids!!!!

I don't, because that would be a bit sad and lame.***

Nov 19, 2010, 10:16 AM

I believe 6317 forever is keeping a list***

Nov 19, 2010, 12:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2010, 12:05 PM

I respect your opinion and right to be a "pumper". Please respect my right to voice my displeasure with the administration of my alma mater that has run our program into the ground for the last 20 years. Has little to do with Dabo. He is, however, catching the wrath of many that are frustrated, due to timing.

good post***

Nov 28, 2010, 11:47 PM

said it before and I'll say it again...

Nov 19, 2010, 12:10 PM

I'm a fan of Clemson, not necessarily of any particular coach(though that may certainly develop over time, it will never supercede the former).

The coach is merely a means to an end, that end being success for the University I love. If he can accomplish that, he'll have my support. If he isn't getting it done, then he should go and we should find someone who CAN get it done.

So criticising the coach who isn't getting it done is NOT mutually exclusive with supporting and being a fan of Clemson.

^POTD***

Nov 19, 2010, 12:11 PM

perhaps it would be best to support the team in total

Nov 19, 2010, 2:23 PM [ in reply to said it before and I'll say it again... ]

throughout the season and then judge the results after the season and given the criticism and suggested firing/ hiring then. During the season it does no good to complain, you play with what you got and with who is representing your school. After the season changes can be made to improve situation is fans and AD are not satisfied.

maybe...

Nov 19, 2010, 2:48 PM

but it seems like there's rarely a 'good' time for criticising the coaches.
During the season people say wait until after, after the season it's getting ready for the bowl game and since we're going to a bowl what are you complaining about!?!? Then it's recruiting and you don't want recruits to read anything negative! Then it's spring ball, why are you bringing up last year's team when we have all the new guys in place?
Then there's dead time, when all sense of perspective goes out the window and you have people predicting 11-1 or somesuch, then we're into next season.

In short, there's ALWAYS an excuse to not want criticism of the coaching staff. So this idea of 'we should do it, just later' is basically the same as 'just don't say anything.'

recruits see the same things the fans do...the admin must

Nov 19, 2010, 3:43 PM

make a decision quickly after the season. Possibly prior to the bowl game if a change is going to be made even if CU gets to a bowl.

Its the fans job to root for the school, it is the AD and coaches jobs to keep the fans...although most do and do support the team because it is their school not just because it is a sports team.

In reality, message anonymous message boards have little to no bearing on coaching hires or on recruiting. If a recruit chooses a school based on a message board, doubt he is smart enough to get in or at least stay in school.

with this logic Tommy West would still be our coach

Nov 19, 2010, 6:14 PM

and we would have removed the top decks, and all would be happy just to be here

reality check dude, this team quit after being down 9-7....

Nov 28, 2010, 11:50 PM

and your saying Dabo is going to win a lot of games, when he has a team quit on him after only being down 9-7? I was at the game dude and you could just tell from the mannerisms on the sideline and how the players in field of play looked, that they had just flat given up. Our football team is a complete mess right now.

Nov 29, 2010, 5:26 AM

I want Dabo to be successful as much as anyone. I think he has the character, drive, and determination to become an excellent head coach. The biggest negative is that he was part of the Tommy Bowden era in everyone's mind. I also think this staff has gone through some serious growing pains this year. Dabo's ultimate success will be determined by how he proceeds from the lessons he has been given this year. That said, many, including myself, are disgusted by the decline of our entire athletic department. The Dabo hire, in my humble opinion, was to cover the catastropic extension given to TB by TDP when Arkansas came supposedly calling. My frustration is with the inferior management of the department as a whole, of which football is just one part.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic