Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Difference between Clemson and USC fans....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Difference between Clemson and USC fans....

Jul 24, 2011, 2:26 PM

Spurrier - Wins average of 7.3 games per season
Dabo - Wins average of 7.5 games per season

Spurrier - Loses average of 5.5 games per season
Dabo - Loses average of 6 games per season

Spurrier - 1 Division Title in 6 years
Dabo - 1 Division Title in 2 years

Spurrier - 1 top 25 ranking in 6 years
Dabo - 1 top 25 ranking in 2 years

Spurrier - 8th best APR in the SEC
Dabo - #1 APR in the NATION

Spurrier - Infallible, omniscient god to Gamecock fans
Dabo - On the hot seat

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans....

Jul 24, 2011, 2:33 PM

and since you aren't using dabo's half year then another stat would be that spurrier is 2-0 against dabo...
I think that is a big reason that they are high on spurrier and some of us are low on dabo...

Spurrier vs Clemson - 3-3, Dabo vs USC - 1-2

Jul 24, 2011, 2:37 PM

I guess 3-3 is sort of like a winning record for you guys.

Re: Spurrier vs Clemson - 3-3, Dabo vs USC - 1-2

Jul 24, 2011, 2:39 PM

thought this thread was about dabo but i guess your paranoia kinda of dominates your existence...

Jul 24, 2011, 2:43 PM

and your dr.suggested you face your fears head on,i guess.(is that why you are on a tiger board)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2011, 2:44 PM

so im a coot now right?? bc I didnt kiss dabo's a$$? pathetic

Do you understand the purpose of a "subject line"?

Jul 24, 2011, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier vs Clemson - 3-3, Dabo vs USC - 1-2 ]

Subject is - "Difference between Clemson and USC fans."

How thick can you be?

Jul 24, 2011, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier vs Clemson - 3-3, Dabo vs USC - 1-2 ]

from what i gathered from your post,yes.if it looks like a coot,smells like a coot,then chances are...

Spurrier is actually 4 - 5 vs Clemson...1 - 2 with Duke***

Jul 24, 2011, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Spurrier vs Clemson - 3-3, Dabo vs USC - 1-2 ]

nm

Jul 24, 2011, 2:35 PM

this will bring the coots out,everyone get your buttons ready.if your good,can you get 2 with one push?

Jul 24, 2011, 2:50 PM

Block me if you want, but I would make the argument that Dabo had a LOT more to work with when he got the job at CU. Look at all the talent that just got drafted from CU. Bowers, Davis, Spiller, Ford, Palmer, Allen, Harper, Ellington, McDaniel, etc etc. That's a ton of talent. Spiller alone is a game changer and can probably be given credit for a few wins.

When Spurrier got to USC, we had guys like Mike Davis and Blake Mitchell running the team. Since Spurrier got here, recruiting has improved and so has our record for the most part. The reason Spurrier is so highly thought of in Cola is because he took us from nothing (6-6 and squeaking out wins over Kentucky, Troy, and Lou. Lafayette) to playing for championships. It took longer that most thought or hoped, but it happened. If Spurrier wasn't showing improvement on the field and in recruiting, he wouldn't be a fan favorite.

I still think Dabo is unproven. He's got loads of talent on his team and had one successful season versus one bad season. Dabo regressed big time from season one to season two and he did it with a very talented team. That's the reason Spurrier is highly thought of versus Dabo being on the hot seat.

Jul 24, 2011, 2:52 PM

Before I get blasted, I realize Allen and Ellington are still on the team and weren't drafted.

Jul 24, 2011, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

didn't usuc lose to ky. last year.try again.

USC recruiting classes the three years before Spurrier...

Jul 24, 2011, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

got to USC...

2002 - 11th
2003 - 8th
2004 - 35th
2005 - 23rd

And hasn't Spurrier had some problems with Vandy (07-08) and Kentucky (2010)?

That argument doesn't really hold water.

Re: USC recruiting classes the three years before Spurrier...

Jul 24, 2011, 3:06 PM

I'm not sure where you got those rankings, but the 2003 class had Summers at the top and then Marcus Lawrence, Syvelle Newton, and Blake Mitchell as four stars. After that, we had about 20 three-stars and another half dozen 2 stars.

The 2002 class was ranked highly but few of those guys panned out: Darell Slay and Randy Jackson were 5 stars and so was Ricardo Hurley. They definitely were overrated.

Basically, those classes were either overrated, or Spurrier had to dismiss a a decent number of the highly rated guys (Moe Thompson, Summers, etc.)

Yes, Spurrier lost to Vandy in 07 and 08 and Kentucky last year. We still showed progess as far as our record goes and we played for the conference championship. The East was down but that doesn't mean that we didn't win the conference.

Bottom line is, Spurrier has us playing for championships and we are favorite to win the division again this year. He did it without the kind of talent that Dabo inherited.

Those rankings are all from Rivals....

Jul 24, 2011, 3:13 PM

You can look for yourself.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/teamrank/2002/all/all

The point is USC was recruiting well and had talent before Spurrier. Saying it was dismissed and doesn't count is no different than saying the current talent you are recruiting will be dismissed so it won't count. You recruited it. There was talent. There is never a guarantee it will pan out.

The reason USC is keeping so many players now is because Spurrier won't dismiss anyone. DUI? Eh, no big deal. Drug charges? Bring him on in - We need a good LB. Been suspended from the team 5 times? Come on back. Demetrius Summers didn't even have 5 chances under Lou.

Its really pretty embarrassing.

Re: USC recruiting classes the three years before Spurrier...

Jul 24, 2011, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: USC recruiting classes the three years before Spurrier... ]

Thats called not developing talent.

Dabo inherited talent??? He recruited much of the talent

Jul 24, 2011, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: USC recruiting classes the three years before Spurrier... ]

as an assistant coach.

I won't be replaying too many more times to COOTS. I'm ignoring them as I find them. What a great feature.

14 conference championships = CU
1 conference championship = USUX

Winner of bowl game in 2010 between ACC Atlantic division winner and SEC East division winner: FLORIDA STATE.

Enough said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2011, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

mtp that is to much logic for tnet fans. Notice I did't include all clemson fans, just those that post ignorant crap like this.

That "ignorant crap" is called "facts"....

Jul 24, 2011, 3:06 PM

And by the way, how is that logical when your classes before Spurrier were all very highly ranked and Spurrier has lost to Vandy or UK 3 of the last 4 years?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10754734

As an ignorant Tiger fan...

Jul 24, 2011, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

you spelled 'too' wrong... of course

What is ignorant about facts?***

Jul 24, 2011, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I love this block option! Today has been awesome!***

Jul 24, 2011, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

Jul 24, 2011, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

Blake Mitchell was an elite 11 QB and Holtz recruited a lot of good talent they all just got kicked off the team. Also Spurrier regressed in his third season going 6-6 and not going to a bowl game.

Jul 24, 2011, 3:23 PM

Why do we keep doing the STUPID.1st I watch as we taunt our unseen freshmen as better than usucks whole team. Then some of you put Ellington above Lattimore. Now it is Dabo is a better coach than SOS. I'm sorry but this is just asking for the potential to be thrown back in our face in just 1 maybe 2 short months. Can't we wait until we have a few wins under our belt first. I don't want to be here for the meltdown if things don't work out. We may have to wait a year before things turn our way.

Did you catch the punchline of the OP 777?

Jul 24, 2011, 3:29 PM

Dabo on the hot seat? Which he is. Geesh.

Dabo's yet to prove himself on the field adequately to Tiger Nation - that's obvious. He's getting it done off-field, though, and we'll all see what comes next, as it happens.

It was funny, unless it ruffled your feathers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you show me where I said Dabo was better than...

Jul 24, 2011, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Difference between Clemson and USC fans.... ]

Spurrier. That wasn't even the point of the post. It clearly states in the subject line: "The difference between Clemson and USC fans"

Jul 24, 2011, 4:21 PM

Stats don't lie!

says it all. ***

Jul 24, 2011, 5:10 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2011, 6:18 PM

Don't forget Spurrier 0 losing seasons in 6 years while Dabo has 1 in 2. The big difference between Spurrier and Dabo is that Spurrier is coming off of winning the East while Dabo is coming off a losing season, the 1st since the late 90s, and 2 straight loses that weren't even close to us. Also people outside of the state see USC returning to Atlanta with 8-10 wins while they see Clemson being a 6-7 win team.

Jul 24, 2011, 6:20 PM

southern cal is coming to atlanta?when?

Jul 24, 2011, 6:21 PM

I'm not saying Clemson fans believe it. Neutral fans do however. Most have us winning the East and then getting beaten soundly in the SEC Championship.

Jul 24, 2011, 8:07 PM

Sounds like you take a lot of stock in what everyone else is saying. I say wait til november and we'll see who has the better team!

Well-played, sir. This post pretty much sums up the

Jul 25, 2011, 2:49 PM

difference between demanding excellence and settling for mediocrity (the defining characteristics of these two institutions for at least fifty years).

Your comparison is based on

Jul 25, 2011, 3:01 PM

The fact that the ACC and the SEC are about the same. Do you really think Dabo would have done as well in a real confrence? We won a division title in the worse joke of a conference that year. The SEC has won 4 times as many NCs as the ACC has won BCS bowls. You can't compare these two confrences. I don't like the SEC, but facts are facts, they are by far the most dominate confrence over the last five years. The ACC, which I love, is near the bottem. Heck last year our Champion lost to James Patterson.

Which was better last year? The ACC-Atlantic or SEC-East?

Jul 25, 2011, 3:20 PM

Simple question.

Re: Which was better last year? The ACC-Atlantic or SEC-East?

Jul 25, 2011, 3:34 PM

SEC East

Clearly The ACC-Atlantic

Jul 25, 2011, 3:37 PM

The ACC Atlantic champ whooped the SEC east champ handily on a neutral field

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: Clearly The ACC-Atlantic

Jul 25, 2011, 3:55 PM

It's funny how 26-17 is a whooping, but 29-7 is never considered a blow out on Tnet. Oh yeah, and USC was missing their best player for most of that game, but just ignore that too.

If the Atlantic was better than the East last year, the SEC east was certainly better than the Atlantic when Clemson won in 09. USC finished 4th in the East and beat Clemson by 17, Not to mention Georgia beating GT before the championship game too.

I don't think anyone would argue that. But the point is...

Jul 25, 2011, 4:05 PM

The SEC-East wasn't as good as the Atlantic last year? What does 09 have to do with anything?

Thanks for posting...I needed to get you

Jul 26, 2011, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Clearly The ACC-Atlantic ]

on my ignore list...

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

And that my friend sums up why coots are considered...

Jul 25, 2011, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Which was better last year? The ACC-Atlantic or SEC-East? ]

ignorant and delusional.

Not only did the ACC-Atlantic champs beat the top two teams in the SEC=East but only two teams in the SEC-East finished with winning records. On top of that 3 teams from the ACC-Atlantic finished in the top 25 and had a better record than the SEC-East champ.

There's no comparison.

ACC by far better then SEC Easiest

Jul 25, 2011, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Which was better last year? The ACC-Atlantic or SEC-East? ]

North Carolina (ACC Coastal)-30
Tennessee (SEC Easiest)-27

FSU (ACC Atlantic)- 26
USuC (SEC Easiest)- 17

There is simply no way the ACC anything is better than the

Jul 25, 2011, 3:48 PM

SEC anyhting in football. Hoops, different story.

Clearly you flunked grammar and typing at USuC***

Jul 25, 2011, 3:54 PM

Well you need to let the national media know pronto....

Jul 25, 2011, 4:06 PM [ in reply to There is simply no way the ACC anything is better than the ]

Because they voted 3 ACC-Atlantic teams into the top 25 in last years final top 25 poll.

Jul 25, 2011, 4:03 PM

It is down right laughable when Clemson people start comparing anything related to football between the ACC and the SEC. It shows either a) an overall lack of knowlege of college football or b) an unbridled bias for everything Clemson. Take your pick.

You guys really believe this stuff don't you?

Jul 25, 2011, 4:08 PM

Excuse me for being surprised. Its just that I had forgotten how absolutely deluded the USeC fan base is.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic