Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Black Friday sucks!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 853

Black Friday sucks!

Feb 25, 2005, 11:25 AM

This Black Friday idea of boycotting this main board is stupid. I am a donor and I could care less about the donor board. I've been a loyal T-netter since 1999. This is the greatest college sports board on the net! I hope that most donors are like me and appreciate every discussion on this board, not like the few whiney donors who are boycotting tiger board today. Grow up. It's America, not Communist China fellahs!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Black Friday sucks!

Feb 25, 2005, 11:28 AM

anybody that votes this post down is obviously not adhering to the rules of Black Friday! Hypocrites!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the R folks who vote thumbs up?

Feb 25, 2005, 11:36 AM

What say ye to them?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about the R folks who vote thumbs up?

Feb 25, 2005, 11:51 AM

R folks that vote thumbs up obviously agree with me. Thank you Rev! Point for you for boycotting Black Friday. I like what your signature says. The organizers of Black Friday should keep that in mind: "We're Clemson, we're better than that!"

I share their frustration....

Feb 25, 2005, 12:01 PM

...and cannot say it's altogether a bad idea.

I find the idea of an absolute boycott unpleasant, however. And since I have my Ginsu knives, thumbs don't bother me.

But I will agree with them on one important point: us old fogies, as keepers of the flame, have allowed the main board to wallow in flaming trolls by feeding their need for gratification by responding to obvious flame bait. As such, Black Friday offers a solution. If there were another I'd support it as well.

My main reservation is the occasional Clemson person who might wander in and ... since they aren't yet donors ... might find themselves adrift in the wallow that this board becomes at times. I know I wouldn't have stuck around without the enlightened folks like tigrjm, happy, lamdache, BD, GT, GoJ, twindad and countless others who I've no doubt insulted by forgetting to mention them.

It is in their memory and honor that I would decline to slam the door on the main board. Not that I enjoy reading the speil of the OPfans of the world.

But I will decline to respond to obivous flaming. I think Happy would have preferred that.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When was this brought up? How did I miss this?

Feb 25, 2005, 11:59 AM

Although I ain't boycotting nothing, that is the way coots handle things!
29-7 baby!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand their frustration about the main board because

Feb 25, 2005, 12:13 PM

I feel it has moved away from what once represented a great discussion. I regret that I am not able to purchase a R and support his board but I am only a college student. I know you may say it is only a couple of bucks, but for us that money goes a long way. I love what Bmeist and Crump have put together on this board and I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done. I have always said that once I get a job I will repay them for everything that they have provided me, as well as everyone who contributes to this board. I will be graduating in May from the best university in the land. From there I will continue my education in medical school but I will always feel attached to Clemson through the TigerNet.
I hate that those that are boycotting feel this way. Are we not one Solid Orange? Should we not stand together as one and help Bmeist and Crump make this the best forum on the land? I believe you have a quality forum and if we have separation we will lose valuable information. Until then I will continue to plug away at the computer and thank you everyone for the quality contributions to one of the best college forums in the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic