Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Best, The Loudest, The Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 864

The Best, The Loudest, The Valley

Oct 1, 2010, 12:51 PM

When Clemson players rub that rock and run down the hill, it's the most exciting 25 seconds in college football."

--Brent Musburger, ABC Sports

"I remember being sick before the game because there were 80,000 people dressed in orange. I even threw up before the game. It's the only time I've ever done that."

--Dave Brown, Former Duke Quarterback

"There is no place louder or more picturesque than Death Valley. There, where Clemson folks see magic in a hill and a rock, orange gets more respect than anywhere this side of Gainesville, Florida."

--Terence Moore, Atlanta Constitution

"I came here knowing it would be loud and that Clemson would hit me hard, but to me, the noise was the biggest factor. I know I didn't concentrate as well because of it."

--Herschel Walker, Former Georgia Running Back (after Clemson's 13-3 victory in 1981, Walker's only regular season loss at Georgia).

"Death Valley really lives up to its image. I was impressed with this stadium. When you put 80,000 people in there, it really feels like they are on top of you. I would hate to be Georgia Tech or whoever else comes in here."

--Steve Young, San Francisco 49ers Quarterback

"Florida was loud in the Swamp. But, the loudest, not only the stadium, but the loudest place I have ever been around in my life was definitely Death Valley."

--Chris Rix, former Florida State Quarterback

"When you get to the bottom, its like you're in a hole and all around you are nothing but Clemson fans. It's like the crowd is one big voice. You feel like tiny kings."

--Rodney Blunt, former Clemson running back

"Clemson's record at home is not a coincidence. Running down the hill is a part of that record. You get so inspired, and so much of college football is about emotion. You get out of that bus and you hear the roar of the crowd and it gives you chills up and down your spine."

--David Treadwell, 1987 All-American placekicker for Clemson

"Running down the hill is still talked about everywhere I go. Players who played against Clemson when I was in college always remember us rubbing that rock and thinking we would gain some type of spirit coming down that hill. The adrenaline rush was unbelievable for a Clemson player and it was quite a shock for the opponent."

--Jerry Butler, former Buffalo Bills receiver and Clemson receiver

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. Its the most emotional experience I've ever had."

Six-time All-Pro and former Clemson All-American Michael Dean Perry

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Best, The Loudest, The Valley

Oct 1, 2010, 1:28 PM

great post!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why have 370 people read this post and it only has 7 points?***

Oct 1, 2010, 2:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Lotsa coots here today, I guess.***

Oct 1, 2010, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 864
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic