Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Realistic Observations (Week 3).....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,823

Realistic Observations (Week 3).....

Sep 21, 2010, 9:11 AM

Observations from our game as well as others from Saturday:

1) Physical, physical, physical. It has been a long time coming, but this Tiger team played physical on both fronts. Very refreshing to see. Hope it continues.

2) Refs were not a factor in deciding this game. The game was decided by two teams getting after it in primetime on national TV. (Although we did have one player have his helmet taken off his head with no penalty called).

3) Ellington is quietly VERY good. He hits the hole hard, and his vision is similar to CJ's. Gamecocks are already talking Heisman for Lattimore because he had 200 carries against UGa for 188 yds. Well, Marcus is a good back, but I would rather have Andre. Andre split carries/series with Jamie Harper and ran for 144 yds on a lot less carries.

4) Harper's catch in the endzone was nothing short of phenomenal. I don't know if it made the number 1 play on Sportcenter but it should have. What a catch, and what a solid performance from Harper.

5) ALL WHITE is ALL RIGHT. There is not a better road uniform in our closet of combinations than what we saw Saturday night. The ALL WHITE looks sharp. Best uniform we have in my opinion. Nothing gimmicky about it. Its almost as if our physical nature of play is enhanced by the all white uniforms. I hope to see these again in Chapel Hill.

6) Kyle Parker is what we have missed at QB for a long time. More than anything, he is a gamer. He wants to win. There were sooooo many times when Cullen looked like he was just going thru the motions and then hitting the sidelines if it didn't work out. KP plays with emotion.......and I dig it. He pumps his fist often after TD's, and you can tell he loves to play. Yeah he overshot a couple of huge passes late (Allen; Brown in the endzone), but I wouldn't take any other QB in the nation right now. Gutty performance.

7) If Ashe thought he got hit hard by the defense after bobbling that pass from Parker, he should have known what was coming from Dabo on the sidelines. Loved seeing Dabo earhole him after that blunder. Hey....it happens. But when there are 6 or so guys trying to get playing time at WR, you better catch the easy ones.

8) Dwayne Allen will be in the NFL.

9) Chris Hairston will be in the NFL.

10) We lost. So ultimately we have to find a way to bottle up the same intensity, and come out and take the fight to Miami. We need to WIN. The physical play we showed in the AU game will again be meaningless if we go on to lose to UM and even UNC. Keep playing hard Tigers and I believe you have a shot at a great season. If we can develop a couple receivers to compliment Allen, we could be tough to stop on offense.

11) Bowers played his best game as a Tiger.

12) Dear Notre Dame.....How are you not prepared for a fake in OT? Doesn't hurt my feelings, just sayin....

13) Dear Wake......Please do not find your defense until the Tigers are out of Winston Salem.

14) Can we get UGa back on the schedule a little sooner?

15) I hope all the big recruits on our board are at the Valley for the Miami game. I have a feeling after a week off that the Valley will be electric, especially if the game is at 7:00p.m.

16) Secondary got some turnovers. Great to see. I would like to see us cause more fumbles. Hopefully we will pressure the fire out of Jacory Harris.

Overall I hate moral victories. I felt like I got punched in the gut Saturday night. BUT.....I cannot fault the effort in this one. We missed our opportunities, yet we still showed our character. Lets roll Miami, and defend our Atlantic Division crown.

GO TIGERS

PS - The all white was awesome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you think of the

Sep 21, 2010, 9:26 AM

all white unis?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Clemson has nine different uniform combinations....

Sep 21, 2010, 9:47 AM

and speaking entirely for myself, white jerseys with orange pants is the best looking uniform in the locker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson has nine different uniform combinations....

Sep 21, 2010, 9:54 AM

if you add in the purple and white helmets we get even more uniform combinations.

All White is my favorite... road or home***

Sep 21, 2010, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Clemson has nine different uniform combinations.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to tell you that I disagree with...

Sep 21, 2010, 9:27 AM

absolutely none of that... ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

really thumbs down.... what?***

Sep 21, 2010, 9:29 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I like the all white unis.***

Sep 21, 2010, 9:42 AM

Da'Quan Bowers will be in the NFL

Sep 21, 2010, 9:55 AM

DeAndrew McDaniel will be in the NFL

Re: Realistic Observations (Week 3).....

Sep 21, 2010, 9:59 AM

but I can take a loss when we play our guts out and leave it on field. Agree fully with blaming ref's and no calls. It happens. If we had won it would not even been brought up.

Now it is up to Dabo and our team to keep it up. To many times in our recent past we have followed a gutsy performance with a lackluster letdown. Now is the time, this is the place....to change all that. Get ready Hurricanes. Stap it on and let's kick some Florida butt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the ref's and compaints

Sep 21, 2010, 10:18 AM

While I agree no one call made the difference, it's the inconsistency of penalties that is frustrating to watch. Since they had been busting Aub for holding the whole first half, when I saw the most obvious hold/illegal hands to te face of the night on Aub's first td play I thought surely they will flag that one.
Alas, the ACC refs are ACC refs. Holding in the 1st quarter is a no-call in the 3rd, and vice versa.

I think we got a way with a few holds, though none as obvious as the aforementioned, and we also benefitted from a questionable pass int.

It's like a baseball game with a moving strike zone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That, plus is was Monday Moaning...

Sep 21, 2010, 10:44 AM

...it's tradition that the Monday after a loss, we get to pin the blame wherever it fits best.

Even if we have to perform some alterations on the cloth.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably the best post I've read in here since Saturday***

Sep 21, 2010, 11:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post and as for the white unis........

Sep 21, 2010, 11:31 AM

we just play better and look more intimidating in them. Can't put a finger on it but it just seems that way.

Great post. My fear now is...

Sep 21, 2010, 1:19 PM

the team falling into a lull with two weeks off after what might have been the biggest effort of the year. Do we lose momentum and then basically start the season over against a good Miami team who wants renvenge? Yes we need the break, but I would almost rather play a cupcake with Boyd and keep the game readiness going.

I hope Boyd gets some serious work in practice. He needs to be game ready by Saturday week.

Just thought I would inject some meaningless ramblings for today. You're welcome.

I pointed this at White Uniforms!!!!***

Sep 21, 2010, 1:41 PM

My only problem with all white?

Sep 21, 2010, 1:47 PM

Our last 3 showings
1- Maryland last year
2- USCe last year
3- Saturday night....

I love the look not crazy about the recent results.

As long as orange and purple and not paired together I can handle the rest.
Any Orange and White combo I love.
All orange is great.
All White is cool
Purple over white is ok for a rare change
I can even now manage not to hurl at the Barney Uni's...but purple and orange together makes my head hurt

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,823
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic