Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TigerNet and Kyle Parker's Decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,902

TigerNet and Kyle Parker's Decision

Jul 10, 2010, 8:48 PM

How many of you really believe that what you think Parker should or should not do means anything? He's faced with a major life decision - one that will mean a lot more than any of us know. It's easy to say that he should come back as QB this fall but it's not for any of us to say - what we think doesn't matter.

He's not stupid - he's going to do what is in the best interest for him for the big picture, whatever that means to him.

A lot of people on here call him selfish, etc. for not making a quick decision and/or for not automatically coming back this fall. You're being selfish, too, because you just want him to come back so we'll have the best football team we can have. You're not interested in him doing what's best for him.

Let it be - quit talking about what you think he should do as if what you think means a #### thing in the long run because it doesn't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odd post

Jul 10, 2010, 9:50 PM

For someone who was posting about what LeBron should've done.

In the end its KP decision, no one is saying otherwise.

But this is a discussion board, discussing things seems to be within the scope of the board

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

discussing things seems to be within the scope of the board

Jul 10, 2010, 10:26 PM

It's surprising how many people on here take themselves so seriously that they miss the simple truth of your last sentence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Agreed.

Jul 10, 2010, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Odd post ]

That was weird.

I can see if someone is calling KP selfish or whatever, but I don't see any of that. All I see are people offering opinions, and some hope, on the subject.

Not sure what that guy was thinking.

Re: TigerNet and Kyle Parker's Decision

Jul 10, 2010, 10:19 PM

Bravo!

I'm fine with whatever desion Parker makes.

Jul 10, 2010, 10:23 PM

I enjoy watching Tiger football, but I have my own life and don't hang it in balance with decisions made by a complete stranger. Parker needs to look out for himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2010, 11:21 PM

I totally agree! It is his decision, and if the Rockies offer him $1.5-2.0MM to play baseball exclusively, who on earth could fault him for making that choice. He has been great for Clemson, and we all want him to stay, but let's all get real here.

Money talks and --------walks!

Jul 11, 2010, 12:35 AM

Here's just what I think about Mr. Parker.
He may be a bar room gambler. Let's say he does choose to come back and be our QB - whatever he works out with the pros. Think for a moment what that move will do to the tiger team and the tiger faithful. Guys and Gals - it's the kind of stuff championships are made of.

He should definately consider my feelings in his decision

Jul 11, 2010, 7:25 AM

I have paid IPTAY for a while now, which has covered his scholarship the past few years. I feel he and every other athlete at Clemson owes me this.

Re: He should definately consider my feelings in his decision

Jul 11, 2010, 8:12 AM

I think TD might owe you a Thank You note...but Parker don't owe anybody but himself didley in this decision. If I had the choice between $1,000,000 and running down the hill...I'd take the money in a heartbeat!!!!!

And BTW...I've been an IPTAY member for 59 years and I am perfectly comfortable with Parker making his own decision!!! THANKS

LOL***

Jul 11, 2010, 12:07 PM

Do you think anyone here thinks their opinion...

Jul 11, 2010, 8:42 AM

...means anything?

A discussion board is just that.

Also, no serious Clemson fan has called him selfish.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jul 11, 2010, 1:56 PM

If you're not going to be honest with your self about what you say, maybe you should'nt say it.
I am very selfish when it comes down to whats best for Clemson and the FB team. I've been making those trips from Sumter for 37 years, and now from Columbia for 10 years for one reason. That reason being i love Clemson and Clemson's Atheletic programs. With FB being my #1 of all sports. So yes I'm being selfish when i say KP should stay and play FB for Clemson another 5 months. The Rockies did'nt pay a dime of the money that Clemson has spent on KP in the way of a FB scholly. On the FB scholly money, KP also played BB. And now its BB that could be taking him away from Clemson and its FB progam. And the FB program has payed his way. Yes i think he should stay atleast one more season, just 5 more months of leading the FB team. And with that 5 more months, it will give T.Boyd a chance to be a much better QB to lead the team. I understand the money thing with him and the Rockies. I just hope that KP understands the money the FB program put out for him, also allowed him to play on a very good BB team. If giving Clemson 5 more months for all the support the college, Alums, and fans has given to him is asking to much in return. Then H&ll yes I'm ok with being selfish and upset. I do want the very best for Kyle. But i honestly do put Clemson, the team thats depending on him, and the fans that has supported this team most of their lives first.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic