Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TI's Larry Williams in a radio interview this AM...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,096

TI's Larry Williams in a radio interview this AM...

May 15, 2010, 1:13 PM

Larry Williams (South Carolina alum) of Tiger Illustrated did a fairly long interview on Charleston call-in radio show "The House Divided" this morning and most of the interview centered around Murphy Holloway's exit and Ole Miss's refusal to allow him to leave for Clemson.

Purposely avoiding the mention of specific names, Williams minced no words squarely laying the blame for Ole Miss's denial of Holloway's transfer to Clemson at the feet of Phil Kornblut and mentioned numerous times that the incorrect/false reporting of Holloway's future enrollment at Clemson as a "done deal" incorrectly implied Clemson had already spoken with Holloway.

Per Williams, all of those reports were premature, that indeed Holloway HAD NEVER spoken with Clemson about enrolling prior to Kornblut's reports and that Ole Miss athletic department officials assumed there had been some sort of tampering on Clemson's part--which was the exact opposite of the truth.

Kornblut and his fellow gamecock cronies can make light of this situation if they must, but once again, his actions have been detrimental to Clemson......After Korblut's on-air reference to former Clemson coach Tommy Bowden as a "coward" for wanting to hold the state football championship games in DV once (rather than eternally at ghetto stadium in Columbia), the Clemson athletic department should have cut all ties and access to Korblut and his entourage....... And certainly there have been other issues.

As naively reactionary as it may sound, I personally think Clemson fans should immediately either stop supporting Kornblut's advertisers or at the minimum to let them know his actions are not appreciated by the Clemson family. I know, I know, .....another internet boycott---yet this situation grows continually more intolerable and it seems to be never ending.....and now its been verified by another journalist and South Carolina graduate. Perhaps/hopefully sending a message to Kornblut might be done quietly and with some class

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post***

May 15, 2010, 1:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I quit buying from his sponsors a long time ago.***

May 15, 2010, 1:50 PM

Larry Williams

May 15, 2010, 2:16 PM

LW is the best and most fair journalist covering Clemson Athletics. He just calls it like he sees it and doesn't sugarcoat or write things to make himself or Clemson look better. I always loved his coverage when he wrote for the Charleston Paper.

I quit listening to Kornblut long ago, but you are right in

May 15, 2010, 2:37 PM

that to let his sponsors know that you will not buy from them is the trick.

Re: I quit listening to Kornblut long ago, but you are right in

May 15, 2010, 2:55 PM

on his radio show last night, he was saying that Ole Miss was at fault here and said that his article never implied that Clemson spoke to Holloway in any form, but than why did he use the headline "done deal?" that is what cost Holloway a chance to go to Clemson. He is a freaking jerk...

Re: TI's Larry Williams in a radio interview this AM...

May 15, 2010, 2:48 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Though I do believe Phil jumped the gun and probably is to blame in this case, overall he does a good job covering Clemson across the state. If he did not cover Clemson and covered SC exclusively that would be great for SC and bad for us as we would get very little publicity for Clemson on the east side of the state. It is in his best financial interest to be as objective as possible. There are rare times he lets his SC colors show, but I know how hard it would be for me to be impartial. i do agree LW does the best job covering Clemson and when he writes or says something it is trustworthy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what planet you are on if you think PK covers

May 15, 2010, 3:47 PM

Clemson fair and "rarely" shows his USC colors. That's would be like saying CNN show their love for Obama "Every once in awhile" LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not saying anything is going to happen

May 15, 2010, 4:34 PM

but one of my best friends is a lawyer who told me that Holloway has contacted him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This also does not say much for the Ole Miss AD. If he is

May 15, 2010, 6:27 PM

relying on Kornblut for his investigative reporting, he needs help. It sounds like to me the Ole Miss AD is making no attempt to see if what Kornblut was reporting was indeed true.

That's my whole point. It would be like the U.S. government

May 15, 2010, 6:49 PM

launching a nuclear attack on another country based on a report in the National Enquirer.

Neither the National Enquirer or Kornblutt are regarded as bastions of journalistic integrity and accuracy. And not surprisingly, the "done deal" bit may have been irresponsible. Shocker.

So, as a University AD, you can decide what to do with this information. You have the power and the responsibility. Anything that happens as a result of how you use that information is totally, 100% your responsibility, not the person who supplied it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

So let's join the SEC, gotta luv ;***

May 15, 2010, 8:51 PM

So let's join the SEC, gotta luv em***

May 15, 2010, 8:51 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic