Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN sinks to a new low in "reporting"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,111

ESPN sinks to a new low in "reporting"

Mar 18, 2010, 7:10 PM

The talking heads just spent 15 minutes talking about Robert Morris and Nova, and failed to even give an opinion on the officiating. Scottie Reynolds scored 20 points and only hit 2 field goals (15-16 from the line), and they just sort of glossed over it. They didn't touch the horrible call in overtime, where an official staring right at a play called a jump ball, and a referee from the other side of the court overruled him and called a foul. Yahoo sports leads with "officiating mars wild game" and ESPN covers their eyes, sticks their fingers in their ears (and possible another orifice), and pretends like it doesn't happen. Man they suck, I wish their was some sort of decent alternative on regular cable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN sinks to a new low in "reporting"

Mar 18, 2010, 7:24 PM

I'm guessing you picked Robert Morris?

I picked Nova to win a few games

Mar 18, 2010, 7:28 PM

R.M. winning probalby would help me b/c I don't have Nova going very far. I am just really starting to hate the craptastic "reporting" on ESPN. Vitale (the Dookie), J. Williams (the Dookie), Jay Bilas (the Dookie), Doug Gotlieb (the thief), and whoever else they trot out in front of the camera to protect the company line all suck horribly, and the fact that they get paid to do this makes me want to fight my telivision.

I forgot to mention Digger Phelps and H. Davis

Mar 18, 2010, 7:36 PM

Digger is a complete idiot and a "Golden Domer" and Davis is a Tarhole. I now count 2 actual Dookies (Williams and Bilas) one honorary Dookie (Vitale), a Tarhole (Davis) one disgraced Notre Dame player / credit card theif (Gotlieb), one crappy Notre Dame Coach (Phelps), and Reece Davis, who I could take or leave. All they need now is Sheldon (the forehead) Williams and J.J. (the poet) Reddick and my complete hatred for ESPN basketball would be complete.

Re: ESPN sinks to a new low in "reporting"

Mar 18, 2010, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN sinks to a new low in "reporting" ]

LOL

Gotta love all the blame the refs this message board has.***

Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 PM

Gotta love all the people who can't read on this board

Mar 18, 2010, 7:48 PM

While the officiating was bad. I was bashing ESPN.

These are words. They mean things. When you scan your eyes over them from left to right, ideas might appear. It's almost like magic. You should try it. It can be exciting.

Yeah you were getting on ESPN for not blaming the refs like

Mar 18, 2010, 8:17 PM

you do.

I was getting on them for not mentioning the refs

Mar 18, 2010, 8:20 PM

They could have done it one way or another. They could have defended the officiating of they could have bashed the officiating. Either way they would have been doing their jobs as "analysts" instead, they pretended like there was no controversy at all.

Here was my first sentence, Let's break it down.

Mar 18, 2010, 8:27 PM

"The talking heads just spent 15 minutes talking about Robert Morris and Nova, and failed to even give an opinion on the officiating."

Again, the characters (called letters) that are aranged in a certain order (words) mean certain things. In this case, the words mean that the people who get paid to give an opinion (what they think), failed to mention the fact that the officiating (the people on the court who aren't players) was at least controversial (people might have differing opinions on it). This is what people in journalism like to call "the lead". What ESPN did is something caled "burying the lead". It is what poor journalists or people with "hidden" agendas tend to do.

I now conclude my lesson. Thank you for your attention. I hope this helps to broaden your horizons.

No need to; everyone else knew what you were talking about***

Mar 18, 2010, 8:30 PM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Go away, Coot***

Mar 18, 2010, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Gotta love all the blame the refs this message board has.*** ]

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,111
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic