Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My biggest disappointment..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

My biggest disappointment..........

Mar 7, 2010, 8:38 PM

seeing Trevor hang his head when things didn't go well on the offensive end while the play quickly developed on the other end. Dang, Book, you're a SENIOR! Show some leadership and get your butt down the court to play some defense. I would have sat his #### down and said, when you decide you're a man, let me know; you'll play then.

T Book--act like that in the dance and we're 1 and done AGAIN.

Flame me, but we lost by 5. T Book gets down court EVERY time and that could be the difference in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I could call you a coot or say that something like that

Mar 7, 2010, 8:41 PM

would be better not said but the officials took Book out of the game with no call

Message was edited by: Crump®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could call you a coot or say that something like that

Mar 7, 2010, 8:44 PM

I won't disagree with the officiating angle, but dude, ALL game Book was sulking under the offensive basket while Wake took the ball down court and scored.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could call you a coot or say that something like that

Mar 7, 2010, 9:02 PM

I was a little disapointed that he scoled someone who was trying to give him a drink. He works so hard to have a good attitude. He is better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been saying that all year

also, when he gets a big dunk, he spends several seconds beating his chest in celebration, while they other team has the ball a half court...won't work for him in the pros....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My biggest disappointment..........others

also loafed at times on D

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was manhandled all night and refs did nothing about it

Mar 7, 2010, 8:47 PM

I don't blame him for being frustrated.

I almost wish he would have kicked McFarland's ####, but I'm glad he didn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frustrated, yes, I can agree

Mar 7, 2010, 8:53 PM

standing under the offensive basket while the play is on the other end........CHILDish! That's not what I expect from a senior!

Re: Frustrated, yes, I can agree

Mar 7, 2010, 9:00 PM

Booker has been to good of a player for us in the past for us to get on him now. He is going to have to step it up starting thursday. Wake showed that he can be shut down.

No, sir! The officials shut him down not McQueerland!

Mar 7, 2010, 9:05 PM

McQueerland should have fouled out at the half.

When Mcfarland laughed at him to his face he should of made

Mar 7, 2010, 9:10 PM

a point of putting a hard foul on him he would never forget and going to the basket and slam it in his face. Instead he quit on the play. He did not have the fire I am used to seeing from him.

He has a giant heart and plays with great intensity

Mar 7, 2010, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Frustrated, yes, I can agree ]

99% of the time. Only Booker knows how he felt after the play and if he wasn't hustling back. This guy plays a lot of minutes for a big man. He is always double and triple teamed. That has got to wear on you.

I just can't guestion Booker after all he has done for CU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They definitely missed some calls that should have gone his

Mar 7, 2010, 10:50 PM [ in reply to he was manhandled all night and refs did nothing about it ]

way, but he also brought some of it on himself by trying to post a guy considerably taller than he. Booker needed to face McFarlane after it was established that he couldn't beat him with his back to the basket.

You want to play in the NBA? Then you should start by figuring out a way to score on a stiff like McFarlane.

I also understand that Book is an emotional player, and that's usually a good thing for our team. But I agree with the OP - tonight he let it get the best of him and it hurt the team.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Do you play or coach David78? Then shut up.***

Mar 7, 2010, 9:43 PM

19-6***

Mar 7, 2010, 9:48 PM

LOL.........okay, KELLy........I'll shut up when I stop

Mar 7, 2010, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Do you play or coach David78? Then shut up.*** ]

seeing BS mugging for the camera and more hustle from a SENIOR. Btw, kiss my ####.

I do both, and I agree with him. Just because the game isn't

Mar 8, 2010, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Do you play or coach David78? Then shut up.*** ]

going your way doesn't mean you walk up the floor because you thought you should have gotten a call

T. Booker did not foul out.

Mar 8, 2010, 8:54 AM

I agree he was getting mugged, and there were a lot of no calls; but he stayed classy and didn't resort to unsportsmanlike conduct.

My son (15 y.o.) and I watched the game on TV together and I was pointing out several of the times that Booker could have lost his cool, but he didn't. Booker set a good example for my son. I like that.

GO TIGERS!!! Beat the Wolf puppies!!!

I dislike McFarland more than Greasy Vaseline

Mar 8, 2010, 9:00 AM

But you have to give it to McFarland, he took care of Booker last night. Once Booker was frustrated, his game was over. You cannot get frustrated like that.

I also agree with original post. Booker hustles down the floor 1-2 more times and Grant hits couple of free-throws and we win that game.

Interesting. I was using Booker to show my 10-year-old what

Mar 8, 2010, 9:10 AM [ in reply to T. Booker did not foul out. ]

NOT to do. It's not that he wasn't hustling down on defense...he was sulking for 1 second after every offensive possession - which got him back down court late.

I told my son - there are players who are going to try get in your head like McFarland. If you let them - then they have won the individual battle.

I love TBook - but he absolutely let an opponent force him out of his game last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, i didn't think he had a great game from the get go.

Mar 8, 2010, 9:08 AM

He has several defensive lapses, his energy level was not good from the start.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My biggest disappointment..........

Mar 8, 2010, 10:10 AM

I agree with you on Booker, and this is not the first time he has done this. A senior and the team's best player should not let himself get frustrated over calls. OP shoud have taken him out rarlier- we went on a hustling six-point run immediately after he went out. Come on Book - we need your best.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic