Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK cooties..... here's a sensib;e look at your 2005 year....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 480

OK cooties..... here's a sensib;e look at your 2005 year....

Jan 23, 2005, 3:16 PM

Game 1: Central Florida- this team went 0-11 last year. You'll crush them and be on top of the world thinking SOS is the savior you've been waiting for.

Game 2: Georgia -you'll play them tough but lose in the end. Face it, they just have too much talent for you. You'll be 1-1 and a loss to a top 10 team. Cries of wait until next year will be heard for the first time.

Game 3: Alabama - you beat them last year, but their starting QB was hurt. You'll hang in there but lose this one in the end. You'll be 1-2 now, with losses to a top 10 team(Georgia) and Alabama.

Game 4: Troy - you try your hardes to lose this one, but with Clemson taking their defensive coordinator, the mighty SOS runs it up it the fourth quarter- running the flea-flicker with the ccots up by 14 and less than 2 minutes to go. Now you're back to .500. You're 2-2 and optimism is growing again as the Kool-Aid pitchers are over-flowing.

Game 5: Auburn - this team went undefeated last year and even with major losses to graduation there's NO WAY you will beat them. They grind it out and win by about 17 or so. Now you're 2-3 and you've lost to a still top 10 Georgia team, a storied Alabama team, and an Auburn team that was 13-0 in 2004. Rumbling's of "Lou left SOS with no talent" are beginning to be heard.

Game 6: Kentucky - Once again try as you might you just can't put this one in the L column. Even after 4+ turnovers SOS's high-octane offense that exploits inferior talent prevails. This is another one that the old ball sack runs up late int the fourth. Up by 10 and with under five minutes to go he runs a fake field goal for a touchdown then afeter an on-side kick recovery you chickens end up blowing out the cats by 24 points. Now you're at .500 and new shopments of Kool-Aid are on the way. Chants of "SOS" "SOS" are heard all over Columbia.

Game 7: Vanderbilt - yet another chance for the old ball sack to polish his ego. He does so at the expense of the WORST team in SEC history, putting up 50+ points on the lowly Commodores. Now the mighty coots are above .500 for the first time since game 1, sitting at 4-3. Brain-washed fans everywhere are talking of running the table and getting that elusive New Year's Day bowl bid.

Game 8: Tennessee - Fulmer's revenge. Corso's prediction rings true and the Vols' "pound, pound, pound" the chickens into submission, beating them by 30+. Reality crashes into Columbia. Grown men are put on suicide watch. Now at 4-4 the "It's Lou's fault" crowd begins to make it's name heard. Kool-Aid coffers are in short supply.

Game 9: Arkansas - the ##### play this one tough but lose in the end. Now at 4-5, the ##### MUST run the table to even be bowl eligible. The future is grim, with Florida and Clemson looming on the horizon.

Game 10: Florida - This is the game the old ball sack has been waiting for. His chance to stick ot to the school that had the nerve to ask him to "apply" for a job. Optimism will run high as the coots will be leading by 3 at the half and SOS can't resist getting a signature jab in before halftime. "The way I feel about UF right now?? - turn those letters around" But Urban Meyer rallies his team in the locker room while the old ball sack pulls out his golf bag to get a few practice putts in. Meyers Gators go on to CRUSH the coots in the second half. Scoring on almost every possession and the coots are held to just a field goal. The patented "November Slide" is in full effect. Now at 4-6, a bowl is out of the question. But the annual rivalry game is next, a chance for payback. After all, the last time the hated Tigers came to town was the 63-17 game.

Game 11: Clemson - last years "brawl" is re-hashed as well as the 63-17 game from two years ago in Columbia. The pre-game hype of Bowden vs. Spurrier has the crowd in a frenzy. The Gamecocks come out talking smack just like last year. But the Tigers don't take the bait, and shut'em up-QUICK. The game quickly gets out of hand and is reminiscent of the 1989 blowout of 45-0. But Bowden, out of sheer pity for SOS, calls off the dogs after the third quarter. The final score 35-0.

Now with the season over the coots are at 4-7. Once again they are HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS. The chickens turn on Holtz like rabid dogs. "It's all Lou's fault. He left us with no talent. The team had no discipline. How could this be. Spurrier was supposed to change all this. He just needs time to get his players"

And, armed with a fresh batch of off-season Kool-Aid and a hyped up rectuing class, the de-LOUsional gamecocks again predict yet another pre-season national championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang onto that one. Solid analysis.***

Jan 23, 2005, 3:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad...., but True........***

Jan 23, 2005, 3:21 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good only think I would change is maybe let the coots

Jan 23, 2005, 3:24 PM

win against Ark. They have to win one that is a toss up. Other than that I agree. 5-6 sounds right to me.

Re: Pretty good only think I would change is maybe let the c

Jan 23, 2005, 4:01 PM

not at arkansas. Same old ckicken story. Play dead at home. Get killed on the road.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one thing incorrect

Jan 23, 2005, 3:27 PM

if tommy called off the dogs we would still score a couple more tds on accident...

GO TIGERS

Excellent point

Jan 23, 2005, 3:29 PM

I mean, we called off the dogs in 63-17 but consertative play calling only does so much with superior players, ala Stuckey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

The real question is: How many in attendance for the games?

Jan 23, 2005, 4:33 PM

Of course I'm referring to the first not 4th quarter.

You said it, I'd save it for reference it will be fun

Jan 23, 2005, 5:59 PM

looking back on it next season.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flaps? We don't need no stinkin' flaps, let it roll in hard and fast!

Replies: 8
| visibility 480
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic