Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football 2009 vs. Clemson Football 2008(LONG)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Clemson Football 2009 vs. Clemson Football 2008(LONG)

Aug 29, 2009, 9:22 AM

I BELIEVE, LIKE I NEVER HAD BEFORE, THAT WE GOT OUR COACH IN DABO!!! His Great at one thing that counts the most, he is a motivator!!!!

I don't want to here #### from people about well he only went 4-2 last year, he beat USuC(who cares, we always do)and we lost our bowl game!!!
Look at what he inherited, a team in shambles, with no sense of direction. A OC who went into games with over 200 plays per game!! WHAT?? Most offenses avg 60 plays per game, Dabo and Billy stated around 100 plays were good enough, make it simple and don't you think you use a few of the same plays a couple times a game, especially the ones that have work so well. ####, no wonder our players were so confused, esspecially OL!!

To sum it all up, last year, players and fans had given up on Tommy Bowden(and Rightly so!)No accountability and no Motivational skills what so ever! But look at what Dabo has accomplished in such a short period of time(10 months to be exact): look at the pride walk, players holding hands from the fifty yard into locker room, look at the tiger walk, walking thru the fans( I guess we will continue to do this, I Sure hope so!), look at the intense practices, look at the motivation from all the coaches on the staff. Even some ex Clemson players are showing up Again(they Believe). I mean even look at our recruiting, its currently now 12th in country. Everybody said TB was a Great Recruiter, well it looks like this staff is even better. I know football is not played on paper, but you have to admit we got some Talent in them hills!

Last year as soon as Dabo was named Intern HC his first two orders of business was get rid of the two Major problems, the Offensive Cordinator and the QB! He Got rid of (lets go with a 200 play per gameplan)Rob Spence! A Great Move, and then He put in at QB Willy Korn, another Great Move, ################################################### but
Lets be honest the OL did not like Cullen(neither did alot of others), but we all Love Clemson, so lets just win, so Dabo made some changes and motivated those guys to play better!
I live in Florida and alot of people ask about our team,and were was Tommy Bowden NOW? You would be surprise to know alot of UF fans seem to like Clemson, or have nothing against us! I'm guessing because they like us to beat FSU every year and they get some sort of satisfaction seeing the old Ball Sack get his #### handed to him, and I tell people down here that if TB was such a good coach, why isn't he coaching right now???
You have to Remember Dabo had to work with what he was handed mid season, which honestly was a cluster u know what!

This year our Defense is loaded, DC Steele can't believe what we got on the two deep chart, and he just left a 12-0 Alabama team(reg season, of course).

Offense is some what of a question mark at a few positions, mainly OL and WR...I'm not too worried about the QB situation. To be honest our OL is BETTER, thin on the two deep chart but alot better, plus they want to win for our Fans, QB, and especially the Coach,they are motivated!!

Korn who was better than Cullen last year, is not even starting this year, he got beat out by a Baseball Freshman All-American Kyle Parker, who I think is just as good at Football as Baseball!
I watched him, Jamie Harper, A.Ellington and Daquan Bowers dominate that HS All star game two years ago here in Orlando. So Logic dictacts that we have a far more superior QB who has pocket presents, and a OL who is one year better and a RB CJ SPILLER(OMG!!!!)There is not a Team in this country that wouldn't love to have him, and I'm talking about the NFL!!!

Come on now if this doesnt get you excited about Clemson Football ...What will??? and you know what team was preseason ranked 25th to 35th last year?????
Alabama!!!!

Message was edited by: Crump®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some tangible reasons to believe we will be better

Aug 29, 2009, 9:31 AM

in '09 than in '08.

But I think, and have since '02, that the intangible ones are the most important for our team. TB left us in much better shape than he found us, but his tenure showed that you can win 6 with average players and 9 with really good players, but getting from pretty good to great is a huge jump. And it takes place between the earholes.

The players have to believe and they have to pay attention to the details. We have been our own worst enemies at times, esp the times when winning it all was on the line.
Will we make that stop we need to win a 7-6 game, or get those extra first downs to kill clock or change field position? Will we convert a td from the red zone or kick fg's? (Will we have enough players on the field to avoid a penalty that brings it back?)

I'm not sure, but I think Dabo has the right approach and understands that is what it takes.

I'm ALL IN!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all in, but I'm not going to make any predictions of

Aug 29, 2009, 10:02 AM

greatness yet. I know Dabo has a better mentality and technique for coaching than Tommy had. I have seen that just from interviews and watching practice coverage. Dabo brings an energy and a motivation that I think Tommy lacked.

From a personnel and coaching standpoint (on paper) our defense should be our strength. We're experienced (but thin) on the o-line. Parker is thoroughly untested, and I'm sure glad we're not starting with GA Tech and especially glad not to see Alabama again for the opener. Hopefully Parker can get settled down and get into a rhythm against MTSU.

So far my only real concern is in recruiting. We desperately need results this year to help in that area. Tommy had a knack for attracting talent by promoting his philosophy that "players make plays". He obviously got that from his dad at FSU. Dabo is more of the old school type, similar to coach ford, and believes "teams make plays". Dabo's approach requires success on the field to attract star recruits, Tommy's does not. Last year was a little leaner than previous years, but that's to be expected with a coaching change.

With all these intangibles, I'm not about to make any kind of predictions, but I like Dabo and I know we have a dedicated coach at the helm now and not an administrator.

The good news is we'll get a good test against GA Tech with our second game. After the first week, I might be in a better position to make predictions. Right now I say we win at least 7 games. Best case I can see is we win the ACC and play in the BCS. Worst case, we barely qualify for a bowl. Like I said, not much there to make a prediction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm all in, but I'm not going to make any predictions of

Aug 29, 2009, 11:17 AM

Very sensible observations. I can see great success, if the OL is good, and I can see real struggles if they aren't A good OL makes the QB and RB's better. Our Def. should be stout. If confidence is built after a few good performances, the rest will come in a short time and Dabo will roll. Big if's, but I believe in Dabo and his philosophy. I, too, am all in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are forgetting that Dabo WAS a big part of Tommy's

Aug 30, 2009, 9:04 AM [ in reply to I'm all in, but I'm not going to make any predictions of ]

Recruiting success.. (CJ SPILLER)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

maybe

Aug 29, 2009, 12:06 PM [ in reply to There are some tangible reasons to believe we will be better ]

no experience at qb is a concern. Of course experience last eyear gave us a guy with a newly developed talent to throw to the opposition.

If we are smart in how we play and don't turn it over so much we could be. qb is just a huge questionmark.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your attitude man!***

Aug 29, 2009, 9:49 AM

Thanks man!!! I like your attitude, too!***

Aug 29, 2009, 3:54 PM

Re: Clemson Football 2009 vs. Clemson Football 2008(LONG)

Aug 29, 2009, 10:04 AM

Prove it on the field!Until any Clemson football coach wins the title,their words are useless.Winning is the only way that i will believe Dabo.This Dabo cult is just like the Bowden cult.

Aug 29, 2009, 10:08 AM

Sorry. I really can't agree with that.

Aug 29, 2009, 10:13 AM

Dabo beat the teams he should have last year and lost to the teams he should have.He is getting his chance to prove that he was the right hire.Winning big and finally the ACC title will prove this hire was right.It is the only fair way to judge his work.

Aug 29, 2009, 3:38 PM

I don't believe in a such thing as a Dabo cult. He hasn't been here long enough to have built such a membership!
The Tommy Bowden cult(thats what u call it) was built over 10 years; of common excuses: one more play, missed FG, he missed a tackle statements.

Dabo has to prove it and prove it FAST, no doubt!

But have you noticed that Dabo is doing all the right things to get us there! Motivation, hard practices, no non-sense approach, talking with current and former coaches(Danny Ford, Gene Stallings), bringing back Clemson football alumni,current and past NFL Players(Clemson Alumni) to coach,to observe, and just hang out with the current players!

I mean it just seems like the right medicine at the right time......to cure all illnesses!

Keep waitin on that bandwagon***

Aug 30, 2009, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Football 2009 vs. Clemson Football 2008(LONG) ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2009, 4:05 PM

Actually, Swinney went 4-3 last year, not 4-2.

Aug 29, 2009, 4:58 PM

Lets not nick-pick-it! I said 4-2 and lost our bowl game!Come on, man...add something to the discussion!

One question for you.

Aug 29, 2009, 4:36 PM

What are pocket presents?

Things you find in your pants pocket, unexpectedly!

Aug 29, 2009, 5:05 PM

:)

You didn't do a very good job proof reading his post....

Aug 30, 2009, 9:32 AM [ in reply to One question for you. ]

If you are going to spell check make sure you get all of the mis-uses.....here me?..

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 29, 2009, 9:02 PM

Boy you sure do wear out your explanation points, don't you? !!!!!!!

Aug 29, 2009, 9:06 PM

Or should I say exclaimation points!!!!

I don't know, and does it really matter, we are talking

Aug 30, 2009, 8:08 AM

Football, not English 101!!!! :)

People love Dabo because he is "accountable"?

Aug 29, 2009, 9:18 PM

I like Dabo fine and I will be pulling for my Tigers, but if things don't go so well (and we lose a lot of games) I'm wondering if all these people who love the fact that Dabo iw "accountable" will be fine with him as long as he says "It's all my fault". I don't quite understand this. Furthermore would we have been happy with the results of the last 10 years if Bowden had just said "It's all my fault" when we lost and "I had nothing to do with it" when we won.

As for me, I really don't care what the coach says during his press conferences. If we win I am going to be happy. If we lose I am going to be mad. I don't care if the coach takes all or none of the blame or all or none of the credit. At the end of the day, what the coach says and two bucks will buy you a beer. Just win baby.

You get it!!! Thats it. Just win baby!

Aug 30, 2009, 8:24 AM

It's just refreshing to see a complete turn around from what we had!

Personally results are all that matters when it comes down too it...I believe anything less than 9 wins this year is a failure. We could have kept TB if we expect 8 wins a year average! I don't want to hear all those damm excuses of we lost our WR, we have a Freshman QB or our OL hasn't started to play together!

I Believe that all the excuses have been used up by the last regime, group of coaches, TB and RS..whoever and whatever.

Winning is all that matters! Talent has not been the issue, coaching has been the PROBLEM! So lets see what Coach Dabo can do.
Myself, Im ALL IN!!!! But Dabo has to win Football Games, thats the plain and simple truth to the matter!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO......The coach not making himself accountable was

Aug 30, 2009, 9:36 AM [ in reply to People love Dabo because he is "accountable"? ]

the problem....and that attitude trickles down. So I think you are VERY wrong on that point. IF the coach holds himself accountable then the players will hold themselves accountable and the wins will take care of themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: IMHO......The coach not making himself accountable was

Aug 30, 2009, 11:35 AM

PLAT TO WIN! If I can see that, I will be happier.

Re: IMHO......The coach not making himself accountable was

Aug 30, 2009, 11:36 AM

and while we are at it ....PLAY to win!

Aug 30, 2009, 9:06 AM

I Agree. We have a coach that believes in JUST GET IT DONE.

I am jumping in the car this friday and driving 600 miles to see the opening kick off. This is our time. Go TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic