Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taking a little break from TNet for a while... (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Taking a little break from TNet for a while... (long)

Oct 19, 2008, 10:15 PM

Tigernet has been a fairly big waste of my time lately. For the past couple seasons I spent countless hours reading articles and posts to know EVERYTHING I could about what has been happening in Clemson sports (mostly football, to be honest.)

I've joined in a lot of conversations just to put in a stupid joke or to address real concerns from my perspective... or to give away a T-shirt idea.

Since CDS has taken over at the helm, just like most Tnetters, I've gone into overdrive trying to keep up with everything and getting pumped up for Clemson's football season 2008 part 2.

I plan to continue following articles every once in a while to keep me updated with some of the changes Dabo is making. But as far as the conversations that are going on, I just don't really care. I found what I remembered in my childhood at Death Valley yesterday. Clemson has always been my family since I was born just before the national championship season. Yesterday there was a sense of unity and pride before and after the game. Don't get that confused with accepting a loss or mediocrity or any of that crap.

Some may think that what Dabo's brought is cheesy or gimmicky or a 'waste of time', but I'm going to enjoy a football season. Good AND bad.

These players have had the worst 6 games anyone could have imagined back in May. Injuries, playcalling, vicious words put into the media, national embarassment and a mid-season coaching change. All they have left is to play the remaining games on their schedule. They took the first step on Saturday and I saw a championship team. They didn't win, they didn't execute well, we have another pretty serious injury, stats weren't pretty, but you know what? The players gave EVERYTHING they had whether right or wrong, Dabo and his staff gave EVERYTHING they had, and I have no voice today so you get the picture. Most importantly, we remembered how to have fun at a football game. I literally have nothing to complain about! From where everyone associated with Clemson football was after the Wake game, there's no other word to describe such a complete mental and emotional turnaround than special.

I want this program to never settle with a loss and be mad as h3ll about it when we do lose! I want ACC Championships, national respect, and be where everyone else here wants to be.

The rest of this season isn't about all of that though. The rest of this season is about the players and a coach and getting to the root of why they play football, not necessarily why we watch. I'm going to sit back and not get so worked up in our offensive line or our next coach or Cullen's dad's comments. This is football season and I want to see my team play football. Win or lose for the next few weeks, I'm proud to be a Tiger. After it's all over, let the chips fall where they may. Are pocket 10s enough for Dabo? Who knows? Who cares? But all the time and money I put into this program, I've decided I'm not reading some of the negative crap on this board, but I'm going to love Clemson football again.

Go Tigers!

PS- I'll be back after this football season. I'm sure I'll be missed! ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know how you feel. Go bake some brownies. It makes you

Oct 19, 2008, 10:25 PM

feel better. Oh Gosh! There goes the timer. Time for an earthquake!

For anyone who cares: That hot brownie and Vanilla Blue

Oct 19, 2008, 10:55 PM

Bell Ice creme was really good. And it does help ease the pain. Bad on the gut, but good in the mouth!:). Good luck on your sabbatical from T-Net.

man that sounded good***

Oct 19, 2008, 11:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really was.***

Oct 19, 2008, 11:21 PM

Well said, but leaving will only make it worse for the rest

Oct 19, 2008, 10:30 PM

of us!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Nuff said!

I agree, and your post is HOF worthy***

Oct 19, 2008, 10:31 PM

Re: Taking a little break from TNet for a while... (long)

Oct 19, 2008, 10:34 PM

Tommy walked away for the simple fact he knew no matter what we would go up in flames this yr.you guys can ban me for stating facts if you like. Im a die hard clemson fan but it is what it is.Under another coach "interm"the out come regarless was still the same!!!Oh yeah under a different name I was I was memebr for 4 yrs. I guess the truth hurts.

I have no idea what your trying to say?***

Oct 19, 2008, 11:00 PM

Tell it like it is brother!***

Oct 19, 2008, 10:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TNet can be like a cancer sometimes

Oct 19, 2008, 10:51 PM

The cure is to go to Death Valley.

what is the point of your sig?***

Oct 19, 2008, 10:58 PM

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic