Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Fans vs. Carolina Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 600

Clemson Fans vs. Carolina Fans

Nov 26, 2004, 1:16 PM

Let me throw this out here for everybody just as an observation. What I have long suspected is showing up to be pretty accurate about Clemson fans & Carolina fans. If you talk with most Clemson fans right about now they are frustrated we did not go bowling, feel bad for the seniors on the team that have worked so hard. Clemson fans keep the fight in perspective in that it was a few out of control but the majority shold not be hung out to dry. Clemson fans also know that we shut down a USC team in every phase of the ballgame. If not for 2 miracles for USC and us kicking FG's instead of going for the jugular. Carolina fans on the other hand are applauding the decision to stay home. They feel like this is the right thing to do and are mostly "horrified" at the behaviour of those big bad Clemson boys. Instead of looking for the problem within the team, the just keep telling each other that "the talent is there". This fundamental difference in our ways of thinking is one of the biggest reasons they are going to stay in the spot they are. They come to a ballgame to tailgate, then maybe catch a game for a couple of quarters. We come to see football first and foremost, and it better be GOOD football or we are not going to be too happy about it. The most telling evidence of this divide between fan personalities is the fact that after that horrible beating last year, then this manhandling this year, they still do not understand why their team lost their cool. I have to say, if it were reversed, I would, at the VERY least, be glad that even though my team was getting it handed to them again against a rival, they did not just lay down and take it like last year. But the USC fans have turned their back on even that aspect of their team. If you really want to know why we have dominated this series over the years, just take a good hard look at the two mentalities of these two fan bases. If you think your team does not pick up on the feelings of the fans, then you will keep on sitting on that .500 fence for the next 100 years. You sit 80,000 strong when things obviously need fixing year after year then laugh at us when we do not show up when we havethings that need fixing. Keep laughing and filling that stadium up, last time I heard, they quit giving out a trophy for that and started giving trophies to the winning team.
This is just an observation. It seems bottom line that USC fans want to look right and act right and talk about how to fix things amongst themselves. Clemson fans want to WIN, and talk to the people in charge by cutting off the $$ until it gets better. Maybe I am wrong, but history sure tells a different story.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Awesome Post. And, FWIW, our average attendance was over

Nov 26, 2004, 1:25 PM

80k this year, so the chickens don't have anything on us there either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Holtz cringes over the
Coots' 29-7 defeat to Clemson

You're exactly right, and it's also because they don't want

Nov 26, 2004, 1:28 PM

to see Spurrier start out with a loss. I know coot fans who are cautiously optimistic, but, by and large, it's the same delusion as when Holtz took over.

AMEN and well said Renegade!***

Nov 26, 2004, 2:21 PM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flaps? We don't need no stinkin' flaps, let it roll in hard and fast!

Replies: 3
| visibility 600
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic