Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
James Davis is Overrated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

James Davis is Overrated

Sep 13, 2008, 5:30 PM

James Davis has been the most overrated player at Clemson that I can remember. Clemson moves the ball better without him. I don't know he got the nickname Thunder....I think Spiller is a tougher RB than Davis. I would limit Davis's touches if I was Bowden...Spiller is the man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thumbs down***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good player with ave to below ave line play...don't agree

Sep 13, 2008, 5:32 PM

...with your statement at all!

Re: good player with ave to below ave line play...don't agree

Sep 13, 2008, 5:35 PM

That's been the excuse for him the past 3 plus years now. I think he's soft. NC State's defense was nothing special and he didn't do anything in the game.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:41 PM

HE HAD NO ONE BLOCKING FOR HIM!!! Befor this year, Davis was the man. He has been FAR better than Spiller. Spiller has been more sucessful this year because he gets the ball out in space more.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Sep 13, 2008, 5:53 PM

Davis would be the best RB in the nation, if only he played on a better team. I get it. :)

I'm not going to get in a peeing contest b/c I'm happy right

Sep 13, 2008, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: good player with ave to below ave line play...don't agree ]

now...but, Davis is a very good college player. I sat in the stands for the 1st half today and he ran hard...he's not a breakaway guy and I think everyone wood acknowledge that. But he's above average between the the tackles...I do not no where yer coming from, unless yer trying to start $hit.

I usually don't call people names, but you're an idiot.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:34 PM

"First-Team All-ACC running back in 2006 who has been Clemson's leading rusher each of the last two years...already over the 2,000-yard mark for his career; his 2,066 career rushing yards are second-most among active ACC players...his 26 career rushing touchdowns are first among active ACC players...already 16th in Clemson history in rushing yards...joins Terry Allen as the only Tigers to reach 2,000 rushing yards by the end of his sophomore year...has seven career 100-yard rushing games...had four 100-yard games as a freshman and three as a sophomore...one of 10 semifinalist for the Doak Walker Award in 2006; he will be a candidate for the top running back honor in the nation again this year...fourth in the ACC in rushing as a freshman, then he was third as a sophomore when he had 1,187 yards...11th-best running back in he nation by Lindy's for the preseason of 2007...listed on the 2007 Football Writers Association preseason All-America checklist...MVP of the Champs Sports Bowl win over Colorado in 2005...named most improved on the field and in the weightroom among running backs for the spring of 2007; he and Cullen Harper were the only offensive or defensive players named most improved for both areas at their position...had a standout spring; he had six rushes for 100 yards in the spring game, including a 65-yard touchdown run...showed improvement from a speed standpoint after working with Clemson Track Sprint Coach Charles Foster...ACC Rookie-of-the-Year in 2005 when he was fourth in the ACC in rushing; he was the first Tiger to win that award since Anthony Simmons (1995)...second-team freshman All-American by Rivals.com in 2005."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Re: I usually don't call people names, but you're an idiot.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:38 PM

He never does jack against teams with a good defense. What the hell did he do int he Alabama game? You and other hicks call him Thunder....why can't Thunder run for more yards than 0 on Alabama? He's a slower version of Spiller, and I think Spiller has more Thunder than Davis does.

learn more about the game.***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:40 PM

Didnt I see you hosting this TV show?

Sep 13, 2008, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I usually don't call people names, but you're an idiot. ]

Sheesh, moron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Yep. He's the worst running back ever to play for Clemson.***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Yep. He's the worst running back ever to play for Clemson.***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:40 PM

Everything seems to be black and white for you. I never said he was the worst, but he never seem to show up for the big games, and he did not show up for today's game.

You and the other Clemson fanatics need to stop clasping Davis's jock strap to your nose and claiming he's the Messiah of running backs.

Re: James Davis is Overrated

Sep 13, 2008, 5:37 PM

Wrong again. JD is a type of RB that needs to see a crease or hole or whatever you want to call it that the OL makes. He is excellent at seeing these and hitting them hard, thus getting him to the next level of defense (LD/DB). Our OL makes these small holes, then you wouldn't be talking because he would be getting 4-5 yds on each carry with the opportunity to break each. He has demonstrated this for 3 years now.

There are numerous NFL RBs that would rank in your "overrated" category should the OL not perform.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:43 PM

I think most RBs are going to excel if there are gigantic holes in the defense, guy. It's as though you guys expect the other team's to suck so bad on defense to allow gigantic holes for Davis to shine. Davis needs to man up or ride the bench. :)

Sep 13, 2008, 5:45 PM

You need to get medication because you are RETARDED!! Haven't you noticed that not a single person has agreed with you. Take a hint.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:49 PM

Most of the Clemson fans in here are of the cheerleader variety. You fall into that category. You also have the reactionary "Fire Bowden" fans if we lose a game. I'm not one of those. I think Davis has been overrated, and I think he's soft, and I think he gets the ball too much for a guy that rarely produces.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:52 PM

Well I think the military sucks and they should just blow sh!t up in Iraq.

See I can make statements that make no sense too. It's easy to talk about things that you have no idea about.

Did you play football??? I'm going to guess no, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sep 13, 2008, 6:04 PM

You don't have to play football to know that Davis is overrated when he had 0 yards against Alabama. :)

I like how you think your IQ is linked to your opinion on sports. You gush and swoon over this Davis kid like he's some kind of LT running back and the kid rarely shows up, and never shows up in big games.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: James Davis is Overrated ]

I'm not talking gigantic holes. Watch some of the past 3 season's games. JD is a back who sees what is given and exploits it. No hole at all = slam into the DL. Hole there = bust it. JD is no different than the majority of the NFL backs (Sanders, Tomlinson excluded) who do the best with what they are afforded.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:59 PM

You are indirectly making my case that Spiller should be the main guy now. We need to go with the faster RB if Davis has no holes to "exploit". :)

LOL hard to be a power runner with no holes

Sep 13, 2008, 5:39 PM

learn a little more about football and come back

WHAT!!!??

Sep 13, 2008, 5:39 PM

U gotta be a Coot fan,right?

All previous post have been basketball. Please ignore idiot!***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All previous post have been basketball. Please ignore idiot!***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:45 PM

That's a lie. I have been saying Davis is overrated since the 2006-2007 season. I wish he had left after his junior year...our offense moves the ball better when they dont' waste possesions giving it to him.

James steal your girlfriend or something??????***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crawl back under your rock***

Sep 13, 2008, 5:42 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you are only half right.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:44 PM

When davis first came here, he was awesome. A true talent. Then he got hurt a year and a half later and he has not had the same fire or something ever since. He does need to get going again like he once did. He still has that ability but came back from it a different player.

Right now, you are right, he is performing, but he still has the ability. He just has to find himself again.

Re: Well, you are only half right.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:46 PM

Time is running out for him. I never denied he has/had potential, but at some point people having to stop claiming he's this stud RB....he's not.

You are completely wrong.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:48 PM

You haven't seen James Davis whole career if you say he doesn't show up for big games and against good defenses.

Without JD, in 2005 we don't beat Texas A&M, Maryland, or SCar.

In 06, we don't beat FSU and probably Wake. And don't play Maryland and BC that close.

In 07, we don't beat FSU and SCar without him.

I might agree with you in that I think Spiller has passed Davis as our best RB. But to say JD doesn't show up in big games and is that overrated is wrong.

Not to mention what he has done otherwise for Clemson. Without him we don't get Spiller and we don't have the RB recognition to get J Harper and Ellington. And we don't have our current RB commits.

I completely agree that he is overrated

Sep 13, 2008, 5:52 PM

Something not right about him. Spiller has improved immensely and he the man we need to go to at running back.

Re: I completely agree that he is overrated

Sep 13, 2008, 5:55 PM

That's exactly right. I kept saying "Don't give to Davis" prior to every play today at the game.

Sep 13, 2008, 5:58 PM [ in reply to I completely agree that he is overrated ]

He's a different type of runner than Spiller. He's a power back and needs the OL to block someone. So far this year he hits the line and there's 3 DL ready to tackle him. Spiller doesn't run anyone over either and does just as poorly up the middle as Davis.

Davis is a guy that gets the tough yards up the gut. Spiller is the Speedster that get yards on the outside. By the way, Spiller only had like 60 yards today.

Sep 13, 2008, 6:01 PM

I think Spiller does better than Davis running up the middle, despite Davis being called "Thunder". Davis is a Spiller wannabe. If our OL sucks as bad and you and others claim, Bowden needs to go with the faster RB in Spiller. Why waste possesions on Davis?

Sep 13, 2008, 6:05 PM

Where were you in 2005?? He did the job then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

- Plagiarism saves time -

Sep 13, 2008, 6:07 PM

I don't live in the past, and even back in 2005, he would put up big numbers on sorry defenses, but not show up against teams with good defenses. He couldn't do jack against NC State, a team that South Carolina! scored all day on. :)

Pretty sure I saw him doing some pretty good...

Sep 13, 2008, 6:09 PM

blocking today and he was needed for that to help the OL

Re: Pretty sure I saw him doing some pretty good...

Sep 13, 2008, 6:12 PM

I dont think our OL is nearly as bad as you guys have to pretend it is. He's going to have to get a lot better to play at all in the NFL.

Sep 13, 2008, 6:11 PM

Another expert.....geessh.

Sep 13, 2008, 6:14 PM

The notion of "sports expert" is absurd. I just have an opinion, and I don't give a #### if you don't think it's right or not. YOu don't have stats to back up your contention that Davis is a stud RB...all you have are excuses. If the OL sucks as you and others claim, and Davis cannot be successful as a result, it makes sense that we give Spiller the majority of the touches. :)

Whatever.....

Sep 13, 2008, 10:48 PM

James Davis isn't in position to break the all time Clemson rushing record because he stinks. To your point though, it is your opinion. However, your opinion is stated on a message board and my opinion is that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Where are your stats that show Spiller should get the majority of touches? In my opinion, both are excellent running backs. However, their effectiveness depends on the scheme being deployed at the time. Both are under utilized in my opinion and both don't deserve to be stuck behind this sorry excuse for an offensive line we have.

Sep 13, 2008, 6:12 PM

I know it is just my opinion, but I think you are a goofball...that is all

Sep 13, 2008, 6:15 PM

IN my opinion, you are a Davis worshiper. That is all.

Davis needs to get into rhythm.

Sep 13, 2008, 6:32 PM

A back has to be able to see the speed of the holes opening. When he has a chance to run once or twice a series he cannot get the rhythm. When there was one back to this offense he got a feel for they game. Alternating series with Spiller won't let him excel.

Re: Davis needs to get into rhythm.

Sep 13, 2008, 6:35 PM

Our OL is awful according to the majority in here, and that's why Davis can't do anything according to them. If our OL is no good, it makes sense to give Spiller the majority of the carries...let him get into rhythm, and use Davis to block. And give another RB some playing time...they can't be any worse than Davis has been this season.

You are an idiot. Please do everyone a favor and leave. DA***

Sep 13, 2008, 6:28 PM

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Troll***

Sep 13, 2008, 6:40 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic