Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saved by a Clemson Tiger Paw!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,118

Saved by a Clemson Tiger Paw!

Mar 25, 2008, 2:25 PM

I don't know why I didn't bother to tell this story when it happened 6 months ago, but for some reason I thought about it today and thought I'd share.

My wife usually leaves about ten minutes earlier than me for work each day. I remember this particular Monday morning I was running a little late and wasn't really in the mood to hear a joke when my wife walks back in the house as I'm getting out of the shower and says "Where's your car"? I told her to quit playing around, and she insisted she wasn't. So I walk out to the drive way in my towel and was rather shocked to find that my normal parking spot was now empty. I guess from the look of shock on my face she now thought I was playing a joke on her. It took us a few minutes of standing there in denial to realize my car had been stolen from our driveway.

We call the police, he comes out, files the report and leaves. I finish getting ready for work and have my wife take me to work and drop me off like I'm back in middle school or something. We live in Baton Rouge and I work at LSU, we live about 5 miles from campus (this will all be important in a minute). As the day goes on I have to call the insurance company, talk with the sherriff's department, talk with my bank (an old check book was in the car), and the list goes on. So out of the frustration of having to deal with that and the feeling of being violated I was rather pissed after sitting here thinking about it all day.

My wife came to pick me up from work and we start on our way home. She wanted to go one particular route, I insisted we go the other way because it was less traffic and this is the way I always go. We were no more than two miles from our house when I spot a tan trailblazer coming the opposite direction that looks familiar...hmm.. minus the Yakima bikerack on the top, but wait... that was a Clemson Tiger licence plate on the front.... they dont have those here!!!

Before I could even say anything my wife turns into Tony Stewart (or one of those guys), and flips a u turn in the middle of the road. I'm on the cell phone with the police giving them real time updates of where my car is. And after a couple minutes about six cop cars come out of nowhere to chase my car down.

So no more than 24 hours after my car was stolen I find it MYSELF among the thousands of other tan chevy trailblazers in Baton Rouge all thanks to a Clemson Tiger license plate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

theres "thousands" of tan chevy trail blazers in BR ??***

Mar 25, 2008, 2:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And only one with the Clemson Tiger Paw license plate!

Mar 25, 2008, 2:35 PM

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Man! I thought this story would end with...

Mar 25, 2008, 2:33 PM

"and the officers took the Gamecock into custody."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those stories are a dime-a-dozen!***

Mar 25, 2008, 2:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Garcia has gradutated to stealing cars now...WOW!!!***

Mar 25, 2008, 2:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice spelling...I'm pathetic....GRADUATED

Mar 25, 2008, 2:36 PM

GRADUATE

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Snopes say

Mar 25, 2008, 2:37 PM

no way

Sorry.. not getting it. What is that supposed to mean?***

Mar 25, 2008, 2:45 PM

snopes = site that debunks urban legends

Mar 25, 2008, 2:51 PM

I believe he is calling your story BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

= "Mr. Gadfly" flamer is calling BS on this story.***

Mar 25, 2008, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Sorry.. not getting it. What is that supposed to mean?*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who is pointing this crap?***

Mar 25, 2008, 3:04 PM

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

The people who don't point this crap

Mar 25, 2008, 3:18 PM

http://www.tigernet2.com/view/profile.do?userID=31042

Similar experience

Mar 25, 2008, 3:23 PM

Used to carpool when in school. One day one of our carpool friends asked a buddy where his wife's car was. The car we were in still had frost on the windows so we couldn't see her car to point it out to him. We thought it was just bad visibility. Turns out it was car theft. Her car had stolen from the parking lot where our apartment was as we found out later.

Message was edited by: 74TIGER®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,118
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic