Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Time Is Now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

The Time Is Now

Nov 15, 2007, 1:00 PM

A momentary glance at my post history shows that I am not one prone to overdramatic posts.

I do not want to steal Rev's place on the board. I don't pretend to be the writer or motivator he is. I don't pretend that many people will read or care about my post.

However, I just can't help but say a few words about our game Saturday.

Two days from now, we'll take the field against the Eagles, and the world will be watching. From a mediocre 4-2, we've almost come all the way back. One more game, and over 15 years of frustrations will fade to black.

I know it seems silly to ask for crowd noise on a message board, but I think it has to be done. Every outlet must be used to make sure everyone knows what is at stake.

Our coaches and players have gone to the media and publically stated they need us for this game. The program seems to be bursting with enthusiasm and energy. It all needs to explode on Saturday.

Saturday should be, nay, needs to be, the loudest game in Death Valley history. Everybody stand. Everybody scream. Do what it takes. Get liquored up. Don't get liquored up. Jump. Dance. Speak in tongues. Whatever. Make noise on every defensive down. To quote "Remember The Titans" ..

"Leave no doubt."

Be that guy... you know the one. The crowd is slowly but surely quieting down, when somebody stands up, some random, orange clad fan, turns around and screams and motions for the crowd to join him.

Be him. Don't let your fellow fans become dormant. Not if we're down 10. Not if we're up 10. Never relent. Vocal chords need to be shredded.

Crowds DO make a difference. This team, this program, this community... we've been waiting on this game for over a decade. Make it happen. Be that fan. Be there for your team.

Show the world that Death Valley is the loudest place to play in the nation. We've shown flashes. GT in 06. Miami in 05. FSU 03. Going all the way back to '77 vs. Notre Dame, Clemson has now and then been recognized as "one of the louder places to play."

Leave no doubt. Show the world we there is no Death Valley but ours. Let the world know, Clemson is back. Fill that stadium with so much electricity and noise that it's almost tangible. Make those upper decks sway.

The time is now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PUNISH DA SKILL!***

Nov 15, 2007, 1:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN!!***

Nov 15, 2007, 1:05 PM

Just scared the hell outa my roommate when I screamed***

Nov 15, 2007, 1:07 PM

Forget "louder" ...make it the loudest!

Nov 15, 2007, 1:10 PM

well said.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said.***

Nov 15, 2007, 1:12 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope people are screaming coming in the gates!!!!

Nov 15, 2007, 1:16 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ditto! remember entering the Peach Bowl vs UT?

Nov 15, 2007, 1:23 PM

let's rock the valley!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

barely***

Nov 15, 2007, 1:33 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

barley?***

Nov 15, 2007, 2:14 PM

Oh...and WEAR YOUR ORANGE!

Nov 15, 2007, 2:16 PM

even if you have to wear a Wallyworld poncho over your navy blue winter coat.

"BE the crowd Danny.... BE the crowd...."***

Nov 15, 2007, 1:20 PM

Awesome! Miami game is chopped liver in comparison to

Nov 15, 2007, 1:21 PM

this one. Last home game as well

One small correction: One game does not erase 15 years

Nov 15, 2007, 1:26 PM

Two games will (beating USC as well would be nice)

You'll be able to hear me clear across Hartwell!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Nov 15, 2007, 1:33 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic