Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: Blood and entrails and the promised land.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,437

Sunday sermon: Blood and entrails and the promised land.

Oct 21, 2007, 8:43 AM

This morning, I reckon everyone feels a little like Charlton Heston strolling out of Egypt.

Yesterday the army of Clemson flexes its might and gives the Valley of Death a sacrifice. That sort of ritual disembowlment is usually only seen at the end of cheap black-and-white World War II movies.

At the same time, Vanderbilt -- the Duke of the SEC -- handed the SEC hopes of our feathered Philistines a one-way ticket to Holly Farms. If there's a better combination of fates, I'd sure like to hear it.

Then listen up. It gets better.

For those who might have been too drunk with the Chippewa spoils and chicken feathers to check elsewhere, some major changes took place elsewhere. Changes that affect the Tigers' march into the promised land.

* Florida State officially got the fork of doom. Not that we needed to worry about the Noles anyway, but their loss to Miami closed the crypt door on their chances for a division title.

* Maryland officially placed themselves on deathwatch by being unable to stop a 90-yard Virginia drive in the closing minutes ... in their own stadium. Anyone looking for solace for last year's loss to the Terps might find it there. I don'tpersonally ... the only thing that will erase that los would be for us to go Chippewa on the Terps as well. They've still got us ad BC, BTW. Can't see anything better for the Turtles than Tires this holiday season.

* Wake Forest won ... and looked pretty dang good doing it. Sure it was Navy, who barely beat Duke, but Wake was solid on the ground and in the air. This is going to be an amzaing game, should both of us keep winning. They've got the Hoos the week before the Deacs come to the Valley...let's see if the Chessmaster can soften up another foe for us.

* BC was idle. It was easily their worst weekend of the year. They get the Hokies next Thursday, meaning we go into Maryland knowing how close we are to an ACC title game.

Remember the painful loss last year? Clemson can return the favor on Maryland, officially driving a dagger into their title hopes next weekend. Like the chosen children, we can wander up to that Sodom and Gomorrah of college football and purify our past, while paving a path for our future.

Or we can lose heart, lose sight of our goal and lose everything along the way. Both fates are possible.

We are the children of Clemson emerging from the wilderness. Difficult times and doubt have split our ranks, but when things looked bleak we have proven what we can do.

As we prepare for the the wicked wasteland of College Park, somehow, things feel right. It hasn't felt that way for quite a while, but it just feels right.

The sons of Clemson can feel it as well. This is ours for the taking, Tigers. Stretch out your hand and grasp what is set before you.

Let the entrails of our enemies become the grease for our wagons. Let their cries be drowned by our laughter.

March forth and conquer.

It is time.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And let all the people say......AMEN !!

Oct 21, 2007, 8:48 AM

Rev, you do have a way with words. Good post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He uses a cheat sheet.

Oct 21, 2007, 9:46 AM

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Now that's the kind of sermon I like to hear!

Oct 21, 2007, 8:53 AM

Amen, Rev! Amen!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

I pointed you based on the title alone. I ask a favor

Oct 21, 2007, 9:03 AM

from anyone who liked the sermon but did not want to point this post. Loan me one of your points. I feel the need to give extra into this collection plate!

Point the Rev for me and I will pay you back a point when you need one!

Preach on Rev!!!

Thanks for the point! I gave it to the Rev in the Donor Den.***

Oct 21, 2007, 9:16 AM

Here is a point......with interest.

Oct 21, 2007, 9:48 AM [ in reply to I pointed you based on the title alone. I ask a favor ]

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Rev, I like the idea of a Chessmatch in Jax!***

Oct 21, 2007, 9:05 AM

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Sunday sermon: Blood and entrails and the promised land.

Oct 21, 2007, 9:13 AM

very good an so true

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes,the tigers are scouting the promised land..

Oct 21, 2007, 9:24 AM

Will we have faith and move forward, or doubt and be banished to the wilderness for 40 years ? (actually , about 40 weeks, lol)

Message was edited by: ImanTiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy Crap!!!!***

Oct 21, 2007, 9:34 AM

Make it so.

Oct 21, 2007, 10:00 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday sermon: Blood and entrails and the promised land.

Oct 21, 2007, 10:06 AM

Awesome. Holly Farms...I love it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm ready to run through a wall!!!!

Oct 21, 2007, 10:49 AM

next weekend, 'we dine in hel l!!!!!!'

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,437
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic