Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The whole Germans thing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 855

The whole Germans thing...

Jul 13, 2007, 3:23 PM

I see it used as a good joke but why get upset that someone posts something that may already have been posted before? Is it that big of deal to hit the back button after realizing you've already seen the information? Other people aren't on here all the time and may have not seen what others have. Yeah they could search to see if someone posted it but they may overlook it. I can justify using it as a joke but calling people out about it is silly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best post EVER***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree it is very silly

Jul 13, 2007, 3:31 PM

Some of us do not have the time spend all day on the board and see everything that comes across the first time. Also, I don't feel like using the search button....seriously.

BGF

I don't really german folks

Jul 13, 2007, 3:38 PM

And it can be rude, but... to suggest that you're going to post whatever you want to post because you don't "feel like searching" is odd.

Generally speaking, its only really ever an issue during the peak traffic times/seasons when the board is full and 20 people are posting links to the same article. Searching really ain't hard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like most, I scan a few pages to see if what I am looking

Jul 13, 2007, 4:46 PM

for is there and if I don't see it, I would post a question. I am just saying that I don't use the search button often and jumping on someone that did not read through as many pages as you feel is reasonable before asking a question is ridiculous. I don't post much on this board, but lurk a good bit.

BGF

You're a non donating #### fan.

Jul 13, 2007, 3:58 PM [ in reply to I agree it is very silly ]

Therefore your opinion is moot, uncalled for, and generally worthless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're a non donating #### fan.

Jul 13, 2007, 4:02 PM

My opinion is always worthless and uncalled for....except to me. Seriously doubt it's moot though.

Although, I'm sure many wish it were mute also. :)

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

I don't visit this board enough to consider donating.

Jul 13, 2007, 4:50 PM [ in reply to You're a non donating #### fan. ]

However, I do donate to other boards that I spend much more time on and feel the need to support financially. is'nt the purpose for these boards to express a wide variety of opinions in as civil an environment as possible? To say an opinion is moot or worthless is childish.

BGF

How about the new button idea?

Jul 13, 2007, 3:33 PM

That way everyone that doesn't have time to read every post and only gets on occasionally could see what TNetters consider the best info, all in one screen?

"I shot a werewolf once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor?s dog"

Chuck Norris' calendar goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Chuck!
MCHammer found out the hard way, Chuck Norris can touch it!

"Brasky's family crest is a picture of a barracuda eating Neil Armstrong."

"My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe."

Re: How about the new button idea?

Jul 13, 2007, 5:03 PM

Perhaps Tigernet should hire you to ban people that post messages that contain content that has been posted before. Apparently you make a full time job of being the 'it has already been posted' thing. By the way, you mentioned 3 times in last 15 minutes to my original post. Calling you out, last time I can 'search' and find was July 11. Maybe you can give me the correct phrase to use for the search, since you appear to be the 'search king'.

the original germans was created to stop people from copying

Jul 13, 2007, 3:34 PM

personally made posts of information with personal views, which i supported, because that is counter fitting, but then it evolved to any unseen info

No, it wasn't. And it's not "counter fitting," it's

Jul 13, 2007, 3:36 PM

plagiarism. And Steely Dan was not one guy.

You mean we don't get French benefits?***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i meant plagerism, don't taunt me***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:40 PM [ in reply to No, it wasn't. And it's not "counter fitting," it's ]

The Germans thing started as a way to say "old news."***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:43 PM

Silly English, go away or I shall taunt you a second time

Jul 13, 2007, 3:45 PM [ in reply to i meant plagerism, don't taunt me*** ]

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

I fart in your general direction***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:49 PM

"I shot a werewolf once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor?s dog"

"My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe."

Your mother was a hamster &your father smelt of elderberries***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:50 PM

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:54 PM

Fetche la vache!***

Jul 13, 2007, 4:06 PM

Agreed***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:35 PM

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Germans***

Jul 13, 2007, 3:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans became a way to call out posters who posted

Jul 13, 2007, 3:46 PM

something without first reading the board. Now it's definitely over used, but when the same thing is posted 3 times in 15 minutes I say Germans is a good response.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I posted just below (I may do his all night)

Jul 13, 2007, 3:55 PM

I don't understand why people get upset at posts that repeat earlier posts. Let me make my own decision about what to read. I can't spend hours on tiger net and it is easier to pick up a recent thread than search for old ones. Plus even old news stimulates new discussion.

I also like reruns on television, and some reruns are better than originals!

Your thinking means we only need one channel showing he news and there is certainly no need for the 11:00 news since that germans (did I just invent a new verb - or is that germans?)the 6:00 news.

Thats the point of the recent news section

Jul 13, 2007, 3:59 PM

Crump and Meist can't keep up with all news and this site. So as information like this recent german issue, is posted that post will get a vote as information that might be repeated, seeing as it is from an outside site. This would allow Crump to have a news section that includes outside Clemson news and generally good posts that everyone should read regardless of when they log on. I can tell you there are posts that some don't get to see that are great reads but if it is unique to this board it might get lost in the deluge of other posts. Those could be preserved for all TNetters to read.

i hate changing my mind

Jul 13, 2007, 4:06 PM

and it is rare that a poster wins the day based on logic and clear thinking (especially on Tiger nyet)but you have convinced me of the wisdom of your suggestion.

"The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane...

Jul 13, 2007, 4:00 PM

to the situation. The god #### Germans got nothin' to do with it!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Because the board is hard to read...should be more like this

Jul 13, 2007, 6:03 PM

http://www.scsoftball.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1.0

Well duh....change your board settings..set up what you like***

Jul 13, 2007, 6:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 855
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic