Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Level Playing Field" is a LIE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

"Level Playing Field" is a LIE

Apr 13, 2007, 2:05 PM

Athletes can still be approved by the NCAA, denied by Clemson, and play for our rivals. Is that a level playing field? How in the world can Barker continue to spout that lie to the Clemson Nation??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he pretty much TB a free pass as long as players keep

Apr 13, 2007, 2:06 PM

getting degrees.

The football team now has a voice in the matter. If this

Apr 13, 2007, 2:07 PM

happens again, we will have more trouble and heat on the brass than this time. They are using paperwork to keep their behinds clean.

Re: "Level Playing Field" is a LIE

Apr 13, 2007, 2:11 PM

No one has a level playing field, so why does it matter. If you want a level playing field, everyone should have the same stadium, same locker rooms, same everything.

that sounds like a justwannaargue statement***

Apr 13, 2007, 2:17 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He must be a smart guy, b/c it's the truth***

Apr 13, 2007, 2:18 PM

He's not***

Apr 13, 2007, 2:51 PM

It may be, but if it is a lie

Apr 13, 2007, 2:13 PM

Then it always has been a lie.

Meaning, the playing field has NEVER been level. We can't (don't) accept the same kids that can be accepted at any number of Div1A programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're accurate

Apr 13, 2007, 2:23 PM

we've always had a situation where there will be someone one school takes a chance on that another school won't.Sometimes we're the one taking a chance and sometimes we aren't

I just get annoyed that we had good graduation rates and seem to be going overboard policing ourselves when what we had previously worked. Plus we manged to handle it in such a way as to turn it into a PR fiasco. I don't like anything that makes CU look foolish. I am particularly intolerant of self inflicted wounds

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, no doubt about that

Apr 13, 2007, 2:27 PM

I'm not a fan of the AARC (as it reacted last year). I just don't go as far as to say Barker is lying in this one.

Hopefully the system will prove itself fixed and be a credit to the school and the athletic department.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, no doubt about that

Apr 13, 2007, 2:31 PM

Not a Barker fan. Yeah I know he's an alum and all but so am I and I get blasted all the time on here.

No my problem is his continued coziness with Lennon. I just can't see how you can do that and still be a CU man. I'll never resolve that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you're accurate

Apr 13, 2007, 3:04 PM [ in reply to I think you're accurate ]

Good points, the PR fiasco was instigated, in part, by the so-called 'journalists' who decide that it's their duty to bring all this out. Sometimes it's just best for people inside the community to tap on the shoulder of those at fault and handle it within the organization, rather than bring it out to public light and hurt reputations unnecessarily.

The question is...

Apr 13, 2007, 3:11 PM

do you trust that the admin would have actually recognized this as a situation that needed handling if not for the bringing it out in the open? Judging from their actions I can say personally I don't.

Before this year, most people didn't know the AARC existed.

Re: The question is...

Apr 13, 2007, 4:24 PM

Yeah, I honestly feel that this admin would assess the situation and take care of it, not every administration is the same. There's plenty more than just this incident that is handled every day. I truly believe the admin we have in place now is one of the strongest in the recent past. By and large, the right people are leading the right departments.

Apr 13, 2007, 4:26 PM [ in reply to The question is... ]

BTW, thanks for the good, intelligent conversation on this. I think that is lacking sometimes on this board with all the jumping onto one argument and screaming bloody murder, it's nice to just calmly discuss what the situation is and who it could have or should be handled.

Have a great weekend! GO TIGERS!!

Apr 13, 2007, 4:26 PM

how, not who.

Re: "Level Playing Field" is a LIE

Apr 13, 2007, 2:20 PM

Last time I checked, the NCAA wasn't on the admissions board at Clemson, nor were they paid by Clemson to assess those students abilities to succeed at Clemson. NCAA didn't decide if I could get into school, that's for sure.

He's lying now or he was then...

Apr 13, 2007, 2:39 PM

one or the other. If we weren't under any disadvantage then why the change? And if we were on a level playing field then, wouldn't we be at an advantage now? You can't be level 3 months ago, make changes like this and be level still.

I know that this is all admin-speak but I'm honestly a little insulted at the way they have acted towards John Q Clemsonfan.

I think I graduated w/ him

Apr 13, 2007, 2:49 PM

John Q was a nice guy.

Actually I agree. Its gibberish designed to confuse and avoid a direct answer. Sad they've stooped to that.

and we can accept a player & they can be denied by the NCAA***

Apr 13, 2007, 5:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic