Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To those who are doggin the NIT......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 680

To those who are doggin the NIT......

Mar 12, 2007, 12:30 PM

and talking about how you couldn't care less and all that garbage, well let me just say that I do care.

Whenever the Tigers take the field or court in anything I care. I want them to represent the university and win games. Since have been given an opportunity to play more games and make something out of this season, albeit not as big as the big dance, then I'm behind them 100%. I'm hoping they kick a$$ and win it all.

I have a sneaking suspicion that y'all who are saying you don't care will be singing a different tune if we win a couple games and build momentum. The remaining closet fans will come out if we make it to MSG, and at that point I expect almost 100% of Tiger fans WILL care and will be hoping for wins. So why not get behind them now and hope for the best? Why not make the best out of the situation we have in front of us?

Just my take.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm there***

Mar 12, 2007, 12:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

ditto***

Mar 12, 2007, 12:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: To those who are doggin the NIT......

Mar 12, 2007, 12:36 PM

Ill definitely be there pulling for Vernon in a couple more home games!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The NIT is a great opportunity...............

Mar 12, 2007, 12:39 PM

for national exposure, financial reward and invaluable experience on a big stage for a team that is still young and could really use it. It helps recruiting and the exposure in the Big Apple is huge. This is a plus-plus any way you look at it!!!

Where the Tigers are, so goes my heart and voice.***

Mar 12, 2007, 12:43 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

INDEED!***

Mar 12, 2007, 12:44 PM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm a little more selfish about it.......

Mar 12, 2007, 1:01 PM

Seems like our seasons are always too short in every sport and I'm always left wanting more.

I'd rather watch Clemson play ETSU or Virginia Culinary State before watching a UNC/Ohio State game any day of the week.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To those who are doggin the NIT......

Mar 12, 2007, 1:04 PM

Thats B.S. Since we flamed USuCk fans for bragging so much about their NIT championships, it would be hypocritical of us to act like winning the NIT actually means anything. Because it doesnt. Its the No Invite Tourney.

Agree and disagree...

Mar 12, 2007, 1:10 PM

I will disagree that the games don't "mean anything." any game that involves the Tigers means something.

however, I would truly hope we would not resort to boasting about a "national title" should we win the NIT. It would be a more appreciated fact for this team to have 26 wins ratherr than take the NIT title.

It's only when we become prideful of a dubious accomplishment that Cootism rears its head.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT=Humanitarian bowl***

Mar 12, 2007, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: To those who are doggin the NIT...... ]

We had a blast in Boise!

Mar 12, 2007, 1:12 PM

And as long as we go into the tourney to have fun and kick some butt, we'll have a great time there as well.

Boise did rock Rev, kegs and eggs at a bar at 8:00 AM :) ******

Mar 12, 2007, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon, its USC..........................

Mar 12, 2007, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: To those who are doggin the NIT...... ]

everything about this rivalry is hypocritical. That makes it fun. We hate when they dog us, e.g., when one of our players get in trouble, yet we go on and on, ad nauseum, whenever one of theirs does and the hypocritical list could go on and on!!!!

You didn't see me flamin' them. You may have seen some

Mar 12, 2007, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: To those who are doggin the NIT...... ]

folks doing that, but I think the majority agree with what I'm saying.

WORD UP***

Mar 12, 2007, 1:11 PM

Disparaging the NIT does not mean people are................

Mar 12, 2007, 1:29 PM

not supporting Clemson. They are playing so d@mn right I want them to win. As my earlier post stated we could be playing anything and I want to win.

As I write this I've been arguing with 2 USuC fans about it, I feel the NIT is for 65th place. They feel like they've won somekind of national championship and I say BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly right...I always want us to win,

Mar 12, 2007, 3:44 PM

but it's still the NIT.

65th place...

Mar 12, 2007, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Disparaging the NIT does not mean people are................ ]

is a misnomer. The team who wins is better than 60 whatever.

Were you around when we played Cal for the title?

Hell has frozen over....

Mar 12, 2007, 2:08 PM

I actually agree with you.

The Historic Horseshoe

Replies: 19
| visibility 680
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic