Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Geoff, I am doing this because I think everyone needs to..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,898

Geoff, I am doing this because I think everyone needs to..

Sep 14, 2004, 7:49 PM

read it. I, for one, have such high respect for you after reading this.

54Goof®
Amateur [62 pts]
Clemson, SC

Open letter to Tnet [10.00 / 3]
Posted: Sep 14, 2004 7:37 PM Rate:

I'm going to keep this on the donor board for now...if someone else wants to, you can paste it on the public board.

These past couple of days have been the hardest of my life. This hurts worse than my apartment fire last Feb. I love Clemson. If it wasn't for the support that I've received I don't know where I would be right now. I don't know if I could have made it to practice, I don't know if i would have wanted to go. I just wanted to thank you all for the emails, tmails, and posts that have been so positive. As little as it may seem to you, it is huge for me. I sat here for a few hours after the game reading some of the various posts. I also did on Sunday and monday. I am truely amazed but not surprised by the Clemson family. You all showed compassion after the fire and now you show it once again...without the fans, we have nothing.

I just thought this would be easier than replying to all the emails. So I will say this to everyone...thank you.

Sincerely,
Geoff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Daddy needs some steak knives to give to Goof.

Sep 14, 2004, 8:05 PM

Lets see what we can do.

Thumbs Up

Geoff you are a part of the Clemson family

Sep 14, 2004, 8:43 PM

One thing I know from my family that I carry to my Clemson family, when the chips are down is when you really look after the family and circle the wagons. You should be commended for your hard work and talent and your contribution to the Clemson football team. Keep your head high young man. Better days and happy endings are ahead for the '04 Tigers, beginning Saturday night at Texas A&M. Take out those frustrations on a Aggie !!
PROUD TO BE A CLEMSON TIGER

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know it was a lot harder for you than it was for us fans,

Sep 14, 2004, 8:08 PM

things like that happens. I have a feeling that this loss can only help you and the Tigers do better the rest of the year. The GT game in my mind is the 2003 WF game, the propelling point for this team. Good luck and thank you for everything you've done for this team.

there is a lot more...........

Sep 14, 2004, 8:11 PM

things that went into that loss than a botched snap. We never should of given up the TD that late, we should of had the 1st down to put it away, and screwed that up. Also, we had less than 15 seconds to stop them, roughly 2 plays and couldn't do that.......

My response repasted from the donor board:

Sep 14, 2004, 8:13 PM

The best thing you can do, and probably the hardest, is to keep going about your business and hold your head high. There will be more supporters than idiots.

You're living a dream that some of us could only hope for. I always wanted to run down The Hill.......Only problem was, I wasn't very good at football.

I rode around today with my #54 magnet on my car because I'm proud of you and what you've accomplished.

For four years now, I've known the day probably would come when THE BAD SNAP was going to happen. It finally did. But you know what? Coach Bowden said it best when he said there will be stiffer challenges ahead in life. There will be, you just don't realize it yet. It's how you respond to those challenges that determine the type of man you are. All you need to do now is hold your head high and zing that next snap Saturday night. I know that's exactly what you'll do.

Wish I was going to be there to see it in person.

Travel safe.

Your cousin, neighbor, sometime snapping partner, and one of the biggest Clemson fans around,

SM

Keep you head up Goof..we got some big games coming up and

Sep 14, 2004, 8:16 PM

we need a team effort to win them. Lets start by beating A&M Saturday. We all are behind the team 110%. Lets put some more "w" in the win column dude!

If you play golf you know that if you ever hit a bad shot you have to forget about it or your next shot will also be bad. We are rooting for you!

it wasnt that

Sep 14, 2004, 8:19 PM

i mean we couldnt get 1 hard on 2 plays!!!!!!!!

1 hard what???? Sounds scary! just kidding.... :-)***

Sep 14, 2004, 8:21 PM

Geoff, thanks for caring so much, but, as we've all said,

Sep 14, 2004, 8:19 PM

there were many events that lead up to the loss. You are a wonderful ambassador of Clemson. We're behind you all the way and know what a good job you do. Mistakes happen, and, yes, some hurt more than others. But the best thing you can do is help rally your team (and yourself!) to focus on beating those Aggies! A win is the best medicine (and, as I've read that you said, prayer is, even more!)

Re: Geoff, I am doing this because I think everyone needs to..

Sep 14, 2004, 8:45 PM

Thanks, for posting this, here. After being a charter Tigernet donor and keeping it up for years, I just don't visit often enough anymore to warrant the sponsorship. But, for 54GToof:

It was a big moment, and you feel as though you failed it. Truth be told, it was a combination of bad luck and some mistakes that the whole team has to share. It's not fair for you to shoulder all the blame, because you don't deserve it, and it's not fair for the squad, either, because they can avoid learning from it if they can--and I'm not sure that they would--think of it as a mistake by a single player. And they need to learn.

I'm an older guy. You'll work through this. Everyone's been proud of you and happy to have you on the Board. We're not less happy today than last week. Let's win the rest.

Sep 14, 2004, 8:47 PM

Sorry about mistyping 54Goof's handle. I've gotta preview more. Sheesh.

wow...

Sep 14, 2004, 9:01 PM

good kid.

Good kid...my wife had a tear in her eye

Sep 14, 2004, 9:21 PM

watching him sit there with his head in his hands. But sports is in a lot of ways analogous to life. You can work your butt off and do alot right and still it can all fall apart. Geoff, you're a good guy. Don't worry about it. Cliche time.....If it's anything, it's just a game. It doesn't matter how many people are watching it. Forget about it. Go get a cheeseburger with your girl.

Sep 14, 2004, 9:28 PM

Geoff, you are and have been a very real asset to this team. Never forget that! Your character is evident in your feeling responsible; however, as everyone knows, one play cannot affect an outcome. This team and their coaches are very special, as is Clemson University. I rarely post here, but as you can tell, I am truly a "playerfan" and you are one of my favorites. Good luck in all that you do and Go Tigers!!

Sep 14, 2004, 9:56 PM

No matter what happened, you are and will always be a tiger just like the rest of us. Do not worry your fans will be there in force and voice on Saturday. GO TIGERS!!!!

Shake it off Geoff!!!! We still love you!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!***

Sep 14, 2004, 10:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2004, 10:38 PM

Geoff, first of all you need to understand that football is a team game, it is won as a team and it is lost as a team. All the good things that you have done for Clemson should not be overlooked because of one mistake. Show me a person that hasn't made a mistake and I'll show you a person whose never accomplished one thing. What happened to you, is no different from a defensive back not knocking down a pass, a lineman missing his block, a receiver running the wrong route, a quarterback throwing an interception. Geoff, I just want to say to you, that I have most likely watched as many Clemson games as anyone my age and I am sixty years old. So what I say to you is, hold your head up high, we're CLEMSON and we're all in this together. A great big thanks for what you have done for CLEMSON and for me as a CLEMSON fan. Go get Texas A&M.

"GO TIGERS"
Larry
P.S. I did not know how to get this to you directly, so I put in on the message board.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geoff you are truely a class act and a great part of Clemson

Sep 14, 2004, 10:39 PM

football. You are a great person who I see loves this university and just for that you could be the worst football player in the world(and you definetely aren't) and we would still love you. Shake it off, mistakes happen to everyone. And you have had very few mistakes. Go get em Saturday in Texas!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Goof

Sep 15, 2004, 9:33 AM

I have seen you make several CRUCIAL deep snaps for a long time, some against my gamecocks. YOU executed eveyone of them perfectly. There were alot of things that went wrong that day. Be prepared for an aggie player to lay this on you when he lines up across from you. I know, I have been there. Just make your snap as you have for a thousand times, then process to plant his ****. That snap will not define you, how you respond now will. You are a great kid on and off the field. Good luck against the aggies, lay it on them.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,898
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic