Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something That Really Disappoints Me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 940

Something That Really Disappoints Me.

Sep 5, 2004, 6:58 PM

I know it isn't directly football related and some of you may think I am being sanctimonious and pompous for saying this, but when you come to tailgate at the beautiful Clemson University campus, take your trash with you when you go. I stayed late after the game tailgating with friends and when we left you would have never known we had been there. But I saw many tailgating spots where people left bags and bags of trash. Granted, it was in bags, but why do you expect others to pick up after you. It ask you on your parking pass, in the Orange and White, in the programs and everywhere else imaginable to take your trash with you. Is that asking too much?

Attack me if you want, but others shouldn't have to babysit you and pick up after you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not trying to be snotty but I think that is asking too much.

Sep 5, 2004, 7:08 PM

Obviously, they have crews that clean it up - It is gone by early Sunday. I think that is part of the cost of putting on the game. In fact I thought that was what you were supposed to do with it. To ask folks to carry bags and bags of garbage home in the car is ridiculous. If they don't budget the clean-up cost, I vote to tack on a quarter to the ticket price and hire the clean-up crew. Plus, what else will McDuffie do to complete his PTI?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not trying to be snotty but I think that is asking too much.

Sep 5, 2004, 7:15 PM

They have to have crews do it because if not, it would just sit there and rot. Why do they request you to take your trash with you if it was intended to be left? I see a lot of people take their trash with them. Matter of fact, more people take there trash than not, by a longshot. It is the small minority that don't take their trash. You brought it there, take it back with you.

At least bag it up.

Sep 5, 2004, 7:13 PM

I'm alright with leaving bags for the crew to pick up.

What's bad is when there are beer boxes, cans, and dixie cups, plates, and whatever else laying everywhere. It's not too difficult to put your trash in a bag and tie it up.

They should have some location you can drop off your...

Sep 5, 2004, 7:35 PM

...garbage.

It's not easy to load up all of that garbage and take it with you. Especially if you don't have a pick-up, and especially sitting in all of that traffic. I don't want to spend hours in the car with garbage.

It might help to inform all the tailgaters where the nearest drop-off spot is. I'm in Lot 12, and they could probably put a trash bin by the old Fraternity Quad without it being too unsitely. I would gladly make the walk.

null

Personally...

Sep 5, 2004, 7:57 PM

I leave my garbage in a trash bag tied up. The people beside me left one big pile of unbagged garbage including left over chicken bones scattered on the ground. That is what you do not want. People pay big money to see these games and to have parking passes. If they were smart they would place dumpsters in each lot.

I am not riding back home 30 minutes with stinking garbage in my SUV. And what about the people who go straight home after the game?

by straight home I meant out of town....***

Sep 5, 2004, 8:34 PM

I always bag the garbage and put it in a dumpster

Sep 5, 2004, 8:15 PM

in the back corner of Lot #5 before leaving after every game. It's a decent walk, but I'm happy to do it.

Most Clemson alumns would not leave trash on the ground in God's country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ditto, take your trash home, it's not hard to do!*****

Sep 5, 2004, 8:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

sorry, i thought the whole place was a dump/landfill..

Sep 5, 2004, 8:23 PM

just kidding...i agree....many stadiums will have cans where baged trash can be deposited on gameday

We're talking about Clemson not Williams-Brice***

Sep 5, 2004, 8:52 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 940
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic