Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An official GameDay can of worms....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

An official GameDay can of worms....

Oct 16, 2006, 10:01 AM

Cast me in the offcial GameDay lake of fire. I'm happy to see Clemson get the extra recognition that come with the show, and delighted that they'll be showing our campus as more than the cow college so many denigrators would wish it to be.

HOWEVER:

How positive an image will the show offer if all the signs seen on GameDay are of the "USC SUX!" "Syvelle stole my laptop" "Corso raped my cattle" "Pookie is Pukie" sort of crap?

I applaud creativity, not crassness. Wanna rag on Lou, go ahead...he kind of has an eternal attachment to Clemson.

Want to make fun of the Bees? They're fair game.

Be creative, and keep it reasonably clean. You may think it's clever to be crude, but if you do, wear purple. Orange exudes a higher class than that.

If you're sign can't be carried by your mother, then you're better off not waving it around for her bridge club to see.

I can't stop anyone from being vulgar. But the producers sure can. And after that Corso sign made the rounds, I can guarantee that thy're going to be looking a little harder to avoid future recurrences.

Have fun, be wild, but remember who you're representing.

That's enough moralizing for now. Let the week of lowered work production and studying begin!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Corso really DID rape my cattle. The world needs to know***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:03 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were probably asking for it, then....***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:06 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That defense doesn't work in court. Trust me.***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:07 AM

Wookie***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless Johnny Cochran.***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:12 AM

What? ******

Oct 16, 2006, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Wookie*** ]

null

They were mooing no but everybody knows they really meant

Oct 16, 2006, 10:19 AM [ in reply to They were probably asking for it, then....*** ]

yes !

Rape the horses, and ride off on the women!!!!***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:07 AM [ in reply to But Corso really DID rape my cattle. The world needs to know*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry, Three Amigos moment***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:08 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry, Three Amigos moment***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:18 AM

Is this before or after we prune the hedges?

Amen*****

im gonna go with LOU WE OWN YOU***

I agree. Personally, I like the sign someone posted

that read something like:

Our pocket protectors average 330lbs

Exactly: Clever, concise and sure to get on TV...***

Crump - can this post be kept at the top? Thanks Rev!***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:05 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 words: huge inflateable phallus

Today's breed of Clemson student is pretty crude and doesn't really care who they offend. Hate to say it, but it's true. Combine their already rude nature with Gameday hype and a day's worth of drinking and I think your sermon is in vain. Sorry.

Generalizing at its best!***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean truth at it's best. Sorry, but the questions

Oct 16, 2006, 10:09 AM

that parents got after seeing that inflateable bounce around Death Valley made it clear that Tiger games are no longer family friendly.

If thats the worst thing there is to complain about then I

don't think it's too bad. But I think it is inaccurate to classify every Clemson student as classless and crude.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you just proved his point!***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:14 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alright, guess I won't go to the game now.***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:16 AM

Yeah because you know every single one of us***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:19 AM [ in reply to You mean truth at it's best. Sorry, but the questions ]

GO TIGERS

But ya gotta try....

Oct 16, 2006, 10:09 AM [ in reply to 3 words: huge inflateable phallus ]

If nothing else, the students need to remember to save their energy and enthusiasm for the game.

And if they harbor hope for national TV fame, they ain't gonna get it by being crude.

Well, I like your enthuasiam. I hope that you are right.***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:14 AM

2 words: electric flyswatter

Oct 16, 2006, 10:09 AM [ in reply to 3 words: huge inflateable phallus ]

it'll pop the H.I.P. and make the drukerds run for the hills.

Not even close...I have two nephews that attend CU

Oct 16, 2006, 11:05 AM [ in reply to 3 words: huge inflateable phallus ]

and no uncle could wish for finer young men than those two. Most of their friends that I met are cut from the same cloth. Do they like to have a beer and have a good time? Of course....but crude they are not.

You are way off base.

Rev is right! Also everyone needs to keep in mind

that the Gameday webpage will have a link to this board so there will be more people reading everything on here, possibly even Herb or Corso. Let's keep it funny, yet classy. SOLID ORANGE!!

Every week at every school there are classless signs...

Oct 16, 2006, 10:10 AM

I think most people are kidding about the Poopsie signs, and all the Balls and Johnson signs. But let's really think about it (and I'm not attacking you Rev) Is it really that big of a deal? It isn't like all other schools have been classy, and if Clemson fans make a crude or stupid sign, that they would be the first. I just really don't think it is going to truly matter to anyone. Plus, us Tigernetters aren't the ones to worry about. The people on here are well aware that USC signs and profane signs are not cool (thanks to the millions of posts from the "Soapbox Crusaders"). If you really want to make a hearty attempt stop the inevitable bad signs, then you need to get the word out to people off T-net. Not trying to flame, just tired of being told how to act during gameday. I am 25 years old, and am fully capable of monitoring my own behavior.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A point for valid dissension...

Oct 16, 2006, 10:13 AM

...and no, I couldn't stop someone from being a classless jerk if they wished.

But as Clemson fans we are called to be better than that, and a reminder certainly can't hurt.

Clever will trump crass when it comes to getting on GameDay.

agreed. I am trying to think of the most clever sign ever,

Oct 16, 2006, 10:17 AM

and it won't mention Lou, USC, Balls, Johnsons, or Poopsie!.

There should be no mention of $CU whatsoever.

The national spotlight that comes when two nationally ranked opponents meet is no place for $CU. It never has been and it never will be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Good one at the Auburn / Fla game....

Kenny Irons (jersey #).... Thanks Lou !!!!

Remember who Clemson is

Oct 16, 2006, 10:13 AM

Every student & fan, on their way to the Gameday set, ought to walk across Bowman Field where the military plaza is, ands the Class of 1944 memorial near the Y, then walk by the Carillon garden -- and remember the history, tradition and CLASS that CLEMSON represents. I wish like crazy I could be there (free tickets? Email me!) but for those who are going to be there, make the rest of us proud! GO TIGERS!

How about "Gaines Adams #95, thanks Lou!!!!***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:18 AM

Isn't Gaines #93?***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just bumpin this to the top***

Oct 16, 2006, 10:31 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1