Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Levitate and gain perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 309

Levitate and gain perspective

Sep 10, 2006, 11:25 PM

This was one of the hardest losses we have had to take at Clemson. In order to gain some perspective I think viewing the situation from above will help us all retain a proper perspective.
First we are a good team, a very good team. Tell me another team that could have gone into BC with 2 of the 3 star defensive players out and still compete. Did any one think that we were not going to miss Waters and Billie? BC hit us right where they weren't. They knew our weak spot. The fact that we should have won the game should be viewed as huge positive. Yeah the ref missed a call (or two, or three) but we did not execute when we had to. The loss of Waters and Billie left no room and I mean no room for error.
Secondly we are going to be good for a long time. I was a Bowden doubter in the beginning too. He has proved me wrong. He has done it the right way. He has recruited good kids and good kids beget good kids. Spiller is special, Davis is special, Taylor is special and I think Butler is special after is performance Saturday. I know Korn is special.
So calm down. We lost. We shouldn't have lost but we did. It happens. Take it like you hope the team takes it and stay positive. There are a lot of good, good things that can happen at Clemson this year and our part as fans is to be positive and supportive. No one hurts more right now than the players and the coaches. Don't make matters worst by being little baby whiners. Get behind the Tigs. They might just need it about now, so do your part!
Orange forever!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Now THIS is a good first post...***

Sep 10, 2006, 11:27 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And gets one of his points all the way from China.

Sep 11, 2006, 1:35 AM

Well thought out and written. Look forward to next post.

I Agree 100%***

Sep 10, 2006, 11:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

10-Four! Good Post!!!!***

Sep 10, 2006, 11:31 PM

Good post, but this kind of loss always happens to us

Sep 10, 2006, 11:50 PM

it just sucks and we're all getting tired of it.

We should be very concerned about the game in Tally this weekend. Special teams and defense have to make HUGE adjustments in practice this week. Otherwise, we're staring 1-2 (0-2) in the face...and this team has too much #### talent to be 1-2.

Message was edited by: Clemsonjoe®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am getting tired of losing these...

Sep 10, 2006, 11:52 PM

what happened to our OT game? We were 6-0 at one point, now we've lost 3 in a row.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know...

Sep 10, 2006, 11:58 PM

I remember telling my girlfriend (at the start of the BC overtime last year)...meh, we're 6-0 in overtime games...this will be cake.

Ha, haven't won one since. :(

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were 6-1. Lost to Miami the week before.***

Sep 11, 2006, 12:02 AM

Opps, transposed the games

Sep 11, 2006, 12:05 AM

meant Miami

At least I know who jinxed us now...

Sep 11, 2006, 12:10 AM

;)

ugh..i felt horrible, i thought when we scored the TD we

Sep 11, 2006, 12:26 AM [ in reply to I know... ]

were the 2nd team going, I thought it was game over and we'd won. :(

Well I counted this as a too close to call game

Sep 11, 2006, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Good post, but this kind of loss always happens to us ]

before the season started. You can't write BC off. They're similar to WF for us in that regard, but nationally, BC gets more respect than WF ever will. That helps, at least in my mind.

If BC was on the same level as Duke or Wake Forest, than I would count this as a "im tired of this happening" game. I'm saving that for UNC/Wake/NC State.

We've beaten FSU after losing to Duke, I know we can beat them again.

Orange Forever!***

Sep 11, 2006, 1:25 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic