Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny Post from the DawgVent...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Funny Post from the DawgVent...

Aug 7, 2006, 4:55 PM

posted on the DawgVent:

"Please help me with what is referred to as"Gamecock Logic" which is a term several Dawg fans have used in describing delusional #### fans ever since SCU joined the SEC. Basically, their logic involves the notion that, in every game that they lost, they could have/should have win (but lost due to bad calls, freak plays, and simple bad luck.) However, in every game that they won, whether it was by 1 point or 30, they won't dare to concede the fact that they could have lost the game, and basically feel that there was no way they possibly could have lost the game.

Over the weekend I ran into 3 gamecock fans at a local watering hole, and while they were nice guys, all they kept talking about was how SCU was 3 points from an SECC, etc. While I agreed with them, I pointed out the "what ifs" on our side (for example we were 7 points from an undefeated season, a forth and long play from making their argument meaningless, etc.) They went on to say how they "should" have beaten us last year and others, yet they downright refused to consider that they very easily could have lost to UT, Arkansas, and others. All in all, their mentality was that (for ex.) their 1 point, come from behind win at UT was a given victory in which defeat was impossible, while most of their losses should have been wins.

If I didn't know anything about college football, I honestly would have came away thinking SCU was the most unlucky, cursed team in the history of football, that was destined to dominate soon. Now, I know their fans are famously known for their delusion on message boards, but I had no clue they were just as bad in person as well. This is my second encounter in person with delusional gamecock fans in the last few months, and I just don't get them at all. They have a very mediocre history, yet somehow muster up an arrogance about them that screams 100 years of dominating powerhouse football. Oh yea, not surprisingly, 2 of them predicted a blowout in Columbia over us this year, while the third actually predicted a close game, but still thought they would win by 7-10 points.

All in all, not only do I want to beat them this year---I want to beat them really, really badly."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, I don't feel so lonely***

Aug 7, 2006, 4:58 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny Post from the DawgVent...

Aug 7, 2006, 4:58 PM

lol

"I honestly would have came away thinking SCU was the most unlucky, cursed team in the history of football"

and my friend, you would be right. Courtesy of Pitcfork Tillman.

Good post. Here are some rules of being a Gamecock

Aug 7, 2006, 5:10 PM

1) If you beat a team last year, there is no way you will lose to them this year, or probably ever again.

2) If you lost to a team last year in a close game, there is no way you will lose to them this year.

3) There is no way you will lose to Clemson or Georgia this year, no matter what happened last year.

4) If somehow, someway, you have doubts about the ability to win the SEC this year, you are comforted by the fact that you will probably win the national championship next year.

5) Tradition is stupid, pointless, and should be given no bearing on an upcoming season or in recruiting. Tradition is just a way for others to live in the past and ignore the approaching Gamecock freight train.

6) You are a better fan than anyone else, because you and 85,000 others show up for the first half of EVERY game, no matter how long your losing streak might be.

7) Finally, everyone besides you is cheating. The fact that your team is currently on probation is irrelevant, because everyone knows that Lou Holtz was just trying to help that poor kid.

Great post!***

Aug 7, 2006, 5:12 PM

Point for "approaching Gamecock Freight train"***

Aug 7, 2006, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Good post. Here are some rules of being a Gamecock ]

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Point for "approaching Gamecock Freight train"***

Aug 7, 2006, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Good post. Here are some rules of being a Gamecock ]

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Welcome to our world, where if's and butts are the only

Aug 7, 2006, 5:12 PM

obstacles to the coots and that mythical FOURTH bowl win

You should try living in Columbia year 'round......

Aug 7, 2006, 5:20 PM

and be a Clemson Alum/fan. They're everywhere! :)

Don't drink the Kool Aid !

No thanks.....I have been here since last part of June....

Aug 7, 2006, 5:23 PM

and I am getting out at the end of this week.....the place is dark(never seen so many cars with spinners).....and hot. The only place I have seen good looking women is at Groucho's.

Could not live here year round

Oh boy...can't wait to get back to West Minister. ;^)***

Aug 7, 2006, 5:25 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong....

Aug 7, 2006, 5:27 PM

I only visit there cause my kids live there.....going to Orlando to work

Ahh...Now, there's a change in "scenery".***

Aug 7, 2006, 5:31 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just one of the reasons I do what I do******

Aug 7, 2006, 5:42 PM

It's 2006

Aug 7, 2006, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Ahh...Now, there's a change in "scenery".*** ]

Your inuendo of "dark" and "scenery" is not appreciated. And yes, the gamecocks suck!

Re: No thanks.....I have been here since last part of June....

Aug 8, 2006, 12:46 AM [ in reply to No thanks.....I have been here since last part of June.... ]

Your "dark" comment reinforces what everyone else thinks of Clemson fans... the whole purpose of your school (if you did go actually attend a class there) was founded by a very racist man that hated the "fanciness" of THE University of South Carolina. What gets me even more, is that only one other tiger fan has called you out for your blatant racist comment.

Simply put the majority of them are dumbarses! ********

Aug 7, 2006, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the the Dawgs will need any help but you might suggest

Aug 7, 2006, 6:16 PM

to Richt that appearing in Clemson uniforms would guarantee a win ... the Gamecocks lie down like a $2 ##### when Clemson shows up.

Welcome to........... The Gamecock zone. Home of moral wins***

Aug 7, 2006, 6:39 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic