Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The only reason people complain about refs is because...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The only reason people complain about refs is because...

Feb 4, 2006, 3:18 PM

their team isn't good enough to win games by skill alone. If you run a near flawless offense, execute like you're supposed to, you score points. You shouldn't need to "get the fouls you should be getting" if you're already winning. Stop whining and just 'fess up to the fact that Duke has superior athletes and talent than Clemson has right now. Personally, I wouldn't want ANY fouls called in Clemson's favor, because we can't hit the free throws. We have more problems at hand than whining about refs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are going to be very popular for the next few minutes.***

Feb 4, 2006, 3:20 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo***

Feb 4, 2006, 3:21 PM

Re: The only reason people complain about refs is because...

Feb 4, 2006, 3:25 PM

Bull S..it acc refs are and always will be n.c. bias. took the game away from fla state today.

It went to overtime...

Feb 4, 2006, 3:28 PM

So sure, it was a close game. But are you seriously telling me FSU had no chance what so ever to take over the game? If they had played better, they would have beaten Duke. Are you trying to tell me teams like UConn, Duke, etc etc aren't any good? They just win because they can hit free throws? If that's the case, I point you no further than our own team. We could get every call Duke does, and still lose, because our players aren't good enough to hit their own free throws, much less worry about how many the other team hits.

exactly... saying that in no way means...

Feb 4, 2006, 3:31 PM

somebody is a Duke fan just like saying Redick is a phenomenal player at the college level doesn't mean you have a poster of him on your wall.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you are saying Duke NEVER benefits from the foul call

Feb 4, 2006, 3:40 PM [ in reply to It went to overtime... ]

disparity? That taking 31 more FTs is'nt an advantage because Duke hits theirs and BC does,nt? Did you see that game? Did Sheldon not foul that guy? Or was NO advantage gained when he knocked him to the floor? Save your arguement for somebody who has'nt seen the ACC play!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take away Texas' NC, The refs took it away from Southern Cal***

Feb 4, 2006, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: The only reason people complain about refs is because... ]

Please EXPLAIN******

Feb 4, 2006, 3:30 PM

Well it was sarcasm....

Feb 4, 2006, 3:36 PM

but VY's knee hit the groung on that lateral he dished out. Nevermind that they would have scored anyways. The ref's are biased against California and west coast football. They wanted Texas to win.

(more sarcasm)

Re: Well it was sarcasm....

Feb 4, 2006, 3:40 PM

There's also that 2nd pick that Leinart threw that the officials completely missed. Even Keith Jackson saw it (and this is the guy who thought the end of the 3rd quarter was a timeout).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank You*****

Feb 4, 2006, 3:41 PM

they hate seeing a call/no call sway the game! Don't come on

Feb 4, 2006, 3:29 PM

a CU board and defend the refs! They don't need your help! They have Dean and Mike's $!

Coot***

Tarheel/Dukie! You're probably Dickie Vee's illegitimate

Feb 4, 2006, 3:51 PM

son!

Well we aren't as talented but doesn't help with the calls

It's worth complaining because teams that are less talented play their hearts out and deserve to beat one of the top teams in the country. But despite their effort, the refs take it away from them because it is Duke or UNC. It's really not fair to the players.

FSU deserved to win today in my opinion. But they were robbed of that opportunity.

BC at least deserved the opportunity to go to the line and have a chance to win against Duke but they didn't get the call and that decided the game.

It's heartbreaking when the players do all they can and deserve to win or the opportunity to win but a ref decides the game instead of the players. That isn't right.

Well, it depends

Feb 4, 2006, 3:34 PM

a bad call is a bad call, and typicall USC get a lot of bad calls even in the games we win i.e. Kentucky in football and florida in basketball. A kentucky DB literally raped sidney rice right in front of a ref and he didn't call it, then tried to get the other ref who called it to pick up the flag. In Basketball a Florida guy missed a wide open layup so the refs called a foul even though tre kelly was 3 feet away from him. Sorry, but in circumstances like that you have to complain about the refs. Even if you play flawless stuff like this can keep you from winning, luckily we overcame it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic