Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday was a great day (a little long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,694

Saturday was a great day (a little long)

Jan 17, 2006, 10:35 AM

I asked my girlfriend to become Mrs. OneClemson5 and she accepted.

We drove up to Clemson for the Duke game and spent some time walking around campus remembering all the great times we had. While we were walking, I told her that if Clemson beat Duke, this would be the greatest day of my life. She looked at me wierd and said "that's kind of sad don't you think?" I just smiled and said no as we kept walking.

There is a tree outside of Martin that has a lot of significance to us. It is the first place we ever said that we loved each other almost 4 years ago. Our initials are carved in that tree and that will always be our spot. We walked by the tree and stopped to talk. She began to describe what happened that night and I played along and acted it out with her. Then I got down on one knee, gave my speech, and waited. I didnt expect the tears, but it made me feel good. I could tell they were tears of joy and I shed a few myself when she said yes!

We made our hike over to Littlejohn when I told her that today would be the best day of my life whether we won or lost against Duke... but imagine if we would have won! I wouldve had arguably the best day of any Clemson fan's life unless they proposed, got married, or had a child on the day of the 1981 Orange Bowl (or perhaps 2/4/06 when we beat UNC at Chapel Hill).

The game was sold out and we didnt have tickets. We waited outside for half an hour. I was a little disgusted at all the Duke fans that were able to buy tickets from Clemson fans when we were out there in solid orange. With about 15 minutes until tip-off, two men came up to me and asked if I needed tickets. I said "YES!" and they said "well, who's coming with you?" I pointed at my newly entitled fiance. He said "ok good, follow me." They walked us to the gate and handed the usher two tickets and told us to enjoy the game! BTW, the seats were awesome, about 10 rows up in the corner! If you guys post on Tigernet, Thanks again!

I never doubted the Tigers. I stayed until the last second was over so that I could give my Tigers a standing ovation to show my pride. Those kids played with so much heart... if only they could shoot free throws, lol.

So anyway, up to this point in my life, Saturday was probably the best day in my 22+ years on this earth. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats!***

Jan 17, 2006, 10:37 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF...great story

Jan 17, 2006, 10:38 AM

I hope to have one of my own soon.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lots of luck

Jan 17, 2006, 10:41 AM

saturday was the easy part. Friday sucked, I had to talk to her dad. That's usually not a very fun thing. Daddy's dont like giving away their little girls. Luckily, after a three hour lecture, he felt that I was ready.

Congratulations and God Bless!***

Jan 17, 2006, 10:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in those hills

Jan 17, 2006, 10:40 AM

;)

Congratulations!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats!

Jan 17, 2006, 10:40 AM

It is always good to return and just walk around campus just for memories sake. I've only been graduated for one year and I already miss it. I hope you and your new fiance continue to have experiences like that on Saturday (except with a win of course).

I havent even been gone for a year yet

Jan 17, 2006, 10:42 AM

and I miss Clemson like crazy

Re: I havent even been gone for a year yet

Jan 17, 2006, 10:59 AM

Congrats

Nothing like marrying a Clemson girl.

Jan 17, 2006, 10:43 AM

Congrats !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Why? Are they transvestites?***

Jan 17, 2006, 10:56 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

No...but the student body president at $CU may be.***

Jan 17, 2006, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

you mean this guy?

Jan 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
pat.jpg(35.5 K)

Oh wait, it's this guy

Jan 17, 2006, 11:08 AM
fm_hands.jpg(9.6 K)

the one that got punked out by newton.

Congrats, if you need a good photographer I know one.***

Jan 17, 2006, 10:44 AM

Congrats***

Jan 17, 2006, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations....

Jan 17, 2006, 11:16 AM

One ###### for the rest of your life. Real smart. Way to think it through.

you see'em out there? smiling, watching, judging.***

Jan 17, 2006, 11:17 AM

look at the baby. look at the baby.***

Jan 17, 2006, 11:18 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats Ron, and good luck!***

Jan 17, 2006, 11:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

THAT'S SICKeningly sweet.

Jan 17, 2006, 12:40 PM

Congratulations!

I asked my wife to marry me under a tree at the edge of Bowman Field. Since I used the term "my wife" here, I guess you can tell that it worked out pretty well. :)

But, it was during the summer and so there was no basketball game to attend later on. Dangit!

DON'T GET MARRIED DURING FOOTBALL SEASON.

All happiness to you and the almost-Mrs!

trust me, there will be no wedding during fooseball***

Jan 17, 2006, 1:32 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,694
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic