Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An outsiders view......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

An outsiders view......

Oct 10, 2005, 1:29 PM

I've frankly been afraid to post for the last several days b/c the debate over Tommy is a purely Clemson matter. I doubt you care what a COOT thinks, but I'm going through withdrawal....
1) The simple fact is you can't afford to replace him now. He has a buy out that makes is very cost ineffective to fire Tommy. We can arhue all day over whether is was a great idea to give him such a contract on the basis of half a season or not ut it won't do any good at this point. The fact is Tommy is at Clemson to stay for a while.
2) You can't (in all honesty) question TB's devotion to your school, fans, team etc. The man loves Clemson. I'm not saying that is enough, I'm just throwing it out there.
3) (and this is the one you're gonna jump on me about) You're expectations might be a bit high. After Hatfield, frankly after TB's first 2-3 seasons this team had some work to do on the recruiting trail. That work has been done and is being done but that is a slow process at best and doesn't always pan out. Two top ten recruiting classes in a row doesn't make a great team, 10 top 10 recruiting classes in row does. TB has recognized the need for hos'es up front and has filed that need well. I know we all hate the term sold footing so I won't use it.
4) 8-3 is still a reality, not likely I'd agree, but still apossibility. 8-3 in this year's ACC is a real accomplishment. This isn't my father's ACC any more.
5) TB seems to be running the program the right way. You don't have huge discipline problems, NCAA investigations, recruiting allegations etc etc. THAT is worth something......

I'm not going to say TB is the mesiah or the greatest D-1 coach that ever lived. I'm not even going to say that TB is the best coach Clemson could have right now, but he is the coach you've got and he is the coach your going to have for a while. I'm not suggesting to accpet mediocrity, but I am saying you need to be realistic about your situation... and remember, it could be worse, you could be a COOT!! ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

No.

Oct 10, 2005, 1:31 PM

I could NEVER be a coot :)

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK OK, maybe not you!!******

Oct 10, 2005, 1:34 PM

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

A coot setting the board straight??!!

Oct 10, 2005, 1:32 PM

The only voice of reason in two weeks! You are still a d@mn coot though! ;)

Nice SWEEP by the way!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COOT KILLA!

As far as I'm concerned....

baseball season ends tonight when the Angels beat the Yankees!!

- catahoula

I thought in ended in Omaha******

Oct 10, 2005, 1:35 PM

Atlanta this year!!!******

- catahoula

Paddy, I really think you have some Tiger in you. Good Post.***

Only because we have been jamming it up thier #@@ for so lon***

Oct 10, 2005, 1:38 PM

I feel like we should buy them dinner befor we play them..

Oct 10, 2005, 1:41 PM

Wouldn't that be the gentlemanly thing to do before we bend them over a table??

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really think most people are missing why the Clemson

nation is so up in arms right now. We completly understand that we are not an elite program. We understand that we are not on par to beat FSU, Miami, VT, and others most of the time.

What we are having a hard time accepting is the lack of fire and emotion that this team seems to play with when going against the Dukes and Wakes of the world. It is unacceptable to lose to these teams.

In other words, yes we are supposed to sack up and beat

Oct 10, 2005, 1:36 PM

the ever living #### out of Wake Forest.

I thought the team was fairly motivated against Wake, FWIW***

Oct 10, 2005, 1:37 PM [ in reply to I really think most people are missing why the Clemson ]

Offensively yes! defense was downright offensive!***

Re: Yeah - not sure I'd chalk that all up to player

Oct 10, 2005, 1:45 PM

motivation, though.

motivation, execution, implementation, improvisation...

Oct 10, 2005, 1:52 PM

call it what you want but none of it was there.

are you Kramer's lawyer?***

Oct 10, 2005, 2:38 PM

And I would never suggest other wise....

Oct 10, 2005, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I really think most people are missing why the Clemson ]

your right. Clemson should, alomst, never lose to a Duke or a Wake!! I couldn't agree more. But upsets happen. I expect you get Wake's best game every year. They HATE you. The way you drubbed them year after year after year, what one year the tiger passed out form doing os many pushups you hung so many points on them.... and believe me I know how frustrating it is to lose to a team you should beat (NAVY would be a glaring example) but it happens and you have to move on and improve....
FSU should not have lost to you two years ago, but they did!

- catahoula

Thumbs up. This is exactly how I feel.***

I hate voices of reason...

Oct 10, 2005, 1:44 PM

;)

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: More or less how I feel. Would like to see how things

Oct 10, 2005, 1:47 PM

"stabilize" from here...

Excellent viewpoint....#'s 1,3 and 5 is what people need to

Oct 10, 2005, 1:50 PM

concentrate on at this point. I don't remember alot of complaining when Tommy signed the extension in 2003. But, unless you had your head in the sand, we all knew that we were in it for the long haul with Tommy.

Amen!! Thanks for the reality check... Go Tigers!******

Oct 10, 2005, 1:51 PM

dang paddy, that's pretty smart thinkin' especially for a

Oct 10, 2005, 1:57 PM

coot! ;) i agree with point # 4 wholeheartedly, the is so much parity in the "new" acc, no one will go undefeated!

Even a blind hawg finds an akorn every now and then....

Oct 10, 2005, 2:00 PM

VY's got a shot and being undefeated... but that's about it and it won't happen every year!!!

- catahoula

I can't believe that I agree 100% with a coot!

Oct 10, 2005, 2:05 PM

;)

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic