Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flame me if you want, I don't care...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Flame me if you want, I don't care...

Oct 3, 2005, 3:53 PM

I have been a Clemson fan all of my life. That's only been 20 years, but I've been a Tiger the whole time. I don't care who our coach is, I will support them. It's unbelievable to see all of you fairweather fans. You make me sick to my stomach. I will not claim you as a Tiger fan. It's amazing how every win is because of our players, yet every loss is based on our coaches. "Rob Spence needs to be fired." Bulls*** he does. We had well over 400 yards of offense against Wake Forest and 27 points. Does Vic Koenning need to be fired? Absolutely not. Our coaches don't play the game. The players do. Wake Forest made one more big play than we did.

Maybe ya'll forget that our new coordinators are 5 GAMES into their tenure here. Now, when we go beat NC State, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and South Carolina, none of you better be Tommy supporters because right now you want him gone. I wish each and every one of you would leave because you're all a disgrace. And for those of you who think you could do better than Tommy, I bet our offense wouldn't score any points if you were coaching. Flame me if you want, I don't care. But I'm tired of all of this fire Tommy talk.

This was not directed to anyone but the Fire Tommy Bowden supporters.

GO TIGERS!!! GO TOMMY BOWDEN!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you, and all the knowledgeable fans do too.***

Oct 3, 2005, 3:56 PM

You're always gonna have some dipsh*ts with no affiliation

Oct 3, 2005, 3:57 PM

with Clemson b*tching about something. That's what people with nothing worthwhile to say do. They b*tch.

Re: I agree with you, and all the knowledgeable fans do too.***

Oct 3, 2005, 3:58 PM [ in reply to I agree with you, and all the knowledgeable fans do too.*** ]

Thank you. Sorry if I sounded like a jerk, but it is really ridiculous. I get irritated when I see all of this fire Tommy talk. Our players read this. Our recruits read this. I wish those people saying Fire Tommy would move alone. They aren't wanted here.

Agree***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Go Consistently Inconsistent Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Re: Flame me if you want, I don't care...

I second that. Go Tigers Beat State!!

People who settle for mediocrity should be cheering for SCU

Oct 3, 2005, 3:58 PM

'cause Clemson is about winning, not about being just another team that wins a big game once in a blue moon.

where in that post did he say a thing about settling for

mediocrity?

null

The part that didn't call for TB's head on a platter ;-)***

Oct 3, 2005, 4:00 PM

dumb***

Oct 3, 2005, 3:59 PM [ in reply to People who settle for mediocrity should be cheering for SCU ]

SCU = pisspoorocrity...not mediocrity***

Oct 3, 2005, 3:59 PM [ in reply to People who settle for mediocrity should be cheering for SCU ]

point for made up word. :)***

Oct 3, 2005, 4:02 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a struggling word but a word reguardless ill give him a

Oct 3, 2005, 4:04 PM

point for effort

null

Well if we don't fire Coach Bowden, who do we fire then?

Wait, wait...I know the answer to this. Yes....I will start the proper paperwork to make sure that Miss Iola clears out her omelet ingredients by the end of the day.

### is wrong with you?!?! I would kill for a harcombe omlet

Oct 3, 2005, 4:11 PM

most mornings... it was the only good thing they had

so....fire TDP, then?***

Oct 3, 2005, 4:16 PM

I'm with ya, bubba.***

Oct 3, 2005, 3:59 PM

All this "Fire Tommy" talk is probably by the very same people who took the magazines to task when they said Tommy was on the "hot seat". Make up your minds !!!

WFU 31 CU 27***

wow

Oct 3, 2005, 4:01 PM

I understand people not agreeing, but posting the score??? ### dude?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats constructive nice post man where is the thumbs down

Oct 3, 2005, 4:02 PM [ in reply to WFU 31 CU 27*** ]

button when u need it

null

Here is my point....

Oct 3, 2005, 4:25 PM [ in reply to WFU 31 CU 27*** ]

The only statistic that matters is W's and L's. We're 2-3. With road games to NCST and GT and USC, a home game against FSU; we have a tough road a head. I'm not confident that things will improve.

WE LOST TO WAKE. I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD TB SAYS THEY ARE; WAKE SHOULD NOT BEAT CLEMSON.

I'm a Clemson fan for 38 years and a graduate and I've got news for you. If you feel good people think its not whether you win or lose but how you play they game, then you are living in a dream world. I don't pay my dues and by tickets and drive to the games to cheer for a good game. I expect the Tigers to win. If I want to just go to a game for the fun of it, I'll go down to the Citadel or to Charleston Southern to watch a game.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:01 PM

You're exactly right, 'rock.

Bowden has won some big games for us. honest & humble 2***

Oct 3, 2005, 4:02 PM

Re: Bowden has won some big games for us. honest & humble 2***

Oct 3, 2005, 4:06 PM

He'll win some more big ones (and lesser ones). We just need to support him. I think most of us do.

I agree with supporting our team even in tough times(LONG)

Oct 3, 2005, 4:05 PM

...but for God's sake I laugh at how the first amendment is supposed to be absent from this board if even the slightest thing goes wrong. Wake beat us. That's the simple truth. In three weeks time we went from suprising upstart to complacent mediocrity. The coaches are new and they need to be given a chance. But to play devil's advocate, you can't tell me I don't have the right to be pissed off when we have to trick Wake to beat Wake and then we foul it up. I'm not saying it is 100% the coaches faults, but the last two games we just have not looked properly prepared. Argue all you want, but our kids are trying hard as hell while looking lost on the field. And as much as I love my boys, there are only two people on the roster that truly like to hit and will hit when on the field: David Dunham and Steven Jackson. Don't give me statistics, because tackles are not HITS. When we can wrap up in the open field, drive our man off the ball, and come out with some fire in our eyes we will win games. I put my word on that and my word is my bond. For while we all are fans separated by distance, we must stand united for our love of all things Clemson, even if we disagree on what course of action to take. That's why we love this so much. We're critics and critics are critical of what they observe. Now we've got two weeks to prepare for a tough game in Raleigh. Let's give this team and its coaches a chance to prove their worth. Go Tigers.

Re: I agree with supporting our team even in tough times(LONG)

Oct 3, 2005, 4:10 PM

BornOrange, I was at the game Saturday. I was pissed off too. But I don't think we should fire our coach because we lost to Wake Forest. It's not the Wake Forest like it was when Jim Caldwell was their coach. The only reason the fake field goal didn't work was because Jim Grobe called an all-out block on the right. He even said that on his post game show. If he hadn't called that, it would have worked and Tommy Bowden would have been a genius.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:14 PM

There is always a fine line between genius and stupidity, and usually the result is all that defines that line. I'm not questioning the call. I'm questioning what happened before that put us into the situation to need to make that call. I love your enthusiasm and outward support of this school and its teams. I'm just saying that as a loyal paying donor for the last 22 years, I think that the Clemson faithful deserve to see us finally make that next step instead of always seeing it within sight to be set back another 5 years. You must admit, this loss crippled us in a big way.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:21 PM

I admit that this loss hurts, but in 2003 when Wake beat us, wasn't that loss supposed to cripple us?? If I'm not mistaken, it helped motivate us to beat Florida State and Tennessee, both Top-10 teams. Once we see how our team responds, then we will determine if this is a crippling loss.

So you're blaming the players now

Oct 3, 2005, 4:14 PM

Recruits should love that one.

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

No...what I'm saying is...

Oct 3, 2005, 4:17 PM

...that we are not giving our players the best chance to succeed. I understand that with a new system comes a transition period. But in order to ease that transition period, we should be teaching the system in a transition phase. We have been burned in the zone there is no doubt about it, so why not run half man half zone until we are confident in our players ability to grasp zone coverage?

Re: So you're blaming the players now

Oct 3, 2005, 4:19 PM [ in reply to So you're blaming the players now ]

Please find the part in my post that said "So and so cost us that game." All I said was that the coaches don't play the game. The players play the game. No one player cost us the game. Wake just made one more big play than we did.

Tell me what about Bowden makes you think he's

Oct 3, 2005, 4:15 PM

such a great coach. You can t-mail me if you want.

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Re: Tell me what about Bowden makes you think he's

Oct 3, 2005, 4:17 PM

He has never had a losing record as a head coach. He is a good motivator. I just happen to be one that stands beside my coach. Sorry if you disagree.

So that makes you a better fan than me huh?

Oct 3, 2005, 4:23 PM

You're right he's never had a losing record, but he's been very close a few times. He does however, have a losing bowl record.

I disagree that he's a great motivator. You can look at last weeks performance, last year's performance against Duke and the performance at Wake two years ago to prove that one.

IMHO, he's inconsistent.

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

I love when people use the "you couldn't coach" any better

Oct 3, 2005, 4:20 PM

line. No crap, that's why I'm not in the coaching profession.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:20 PM

I am not a fair weather fan(haven't missed home game in 24 years). You are wrong about TB. He will never be a top notch coach. Might win 7 or 8 games a year. We hired him because of his name not his coaching abilities. If Clemson wants to have these kind of seasons, then why don't we reduce his salary to what we paid West and Hatfield? Put him on a production plan. The more games he wins the more he gets paid. If he can't produce then FIRE hime like any corporation would do!

Pawsum

Oct 3, 2005, 4:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Auburn was in the same situation as us. They had mediocre seasons under Tuberville, but they gave him time and he gave them a 13-0 season. And I might be mistaken, so if I am, please correct me. But didn't Danny Ford go 6-5 the year before the National Title?? Weren't people wanting him fired??

you are wrong...

Oct 3, 2005, 4:34 PM

turbeville did not have 7 seasons of 6-5, 7-4, before getting where he is now. And Danny Ford won the National Chapionship in his, uh, 2nd year! and even after probation he continued to produce 10 win seasons. Tommy hasn't come close to measuring up to these two programs you mentioned.

Look at Alabama, Look at Florida, Look at Notre Dame... yeah, these guys are sitting around saying, "Boy, sure am glad the ball has bounced our way. Those were really close games we had this year. We could have lost them all in the last minute."

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: you are wrong...

Oct 3, 2005, 4:38 PM

I was using Tuberville to show how everyone wanted him fired. He responded with a quality season. Oh yeah, and if I'm not mistaken, Bobby Bowden wasn't immediately successful. He had the same type seasons that Tommy has had.

And you don't know everything that was happening

Oct 3, 2005, 4:42 PM

in Auburn concering the FB Team. And what do you mean Bobby wasn't successful? How many wake forest and duke teams did he lose to in his first seven years?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: And you don't know everything that was happening

Oct 3, 2005, 4:49 PM

He wasn't successful as in the number of 10 win seasons he had. Tommy did better at Clemson than Bobby at Florida State in his first 6 years.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:31 PM

Great post. I agree with you completly.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:33 PM

Thanks Chucktown.

Oh my God! you're really not going to claim me, dang

Oct 3, 2005, 8:46 PM

I'll change my whole opinion of everything so this center of the universe 20-year old will reconsider and claim me as a fan.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic