Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our wonderful ACC Comish.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Our wonderful ACC Comish.

Jun 7, 2015, 3:35 PM

His silence is not golden, but speaks louder than he,or his office realizes to all ACC schools.
With each past ACC violation he demonized the guilty school. Now that UNC,his pride and joy,is under the gun we hear nothing. Can't remember our Comish going to bat and attending meeting with the NCAA for any ACC school except UNC. This screams favoritism. He needs to be removed!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

accurate***

Jun 7, 2015, 3:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: accurate***

Jun 7, 2015, 4:03 PM

ACC

he's spoken out against them once; would it be OK to at least let the ncaa & acc processes take their course?

eventually, it will fall to the ACC Infractions & Penalties Committee, the very same that voted for the original Public Reprimand, to deal with UNC at the conference level... swoffie doesn't have a vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: accurate***

Jun 7, 2015, 8:27 PM

John Swofford, the esteemed Commissioner, may not have a "vote" in this matter; however, my question and point is, does he have any "influence" in this matter at all? That, sir, is the question!!!! And, the answer is a simple "yes".

This Jerk should be gone NOW and should have been removed long ago. He, along with all of his UNC-CH cohorts & cronies, should be run out of office in disgrace and never allowed to have any input into Atlantic Coast Conference decisions again. We, as a conference, are suffering with him as the decision maker/leader.

Where, pray tell, is the ACC Network? And, Notre Dame, either be All In, or be gone!!! It is about the common good of ALL schools who are committed to the overall success of the totally committed members, not those who are committed only when it's good for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the presidents hold the power in the conference...

Jun 7, 2015, 8:39 PM

swofford holds an appointed position, one that owes itself solely to the univerities.

if you have an issue, i'd take it up with clements & the other presidents that hold complete sway over the esteemed.

as for notre dame, barker is given the majority role credit for the irish becoming part of the acc and any new member is voted on by the schools, not the esteemed.

your & most everyone's beef is with your conference presidents, that's the real power and authority, but don't let me get in the way of your misguided anger...

burn the witch!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our wonderful ACC Comish.- Anyone ever ask Clements

Jun 7, 2015, 4:31 PM

about this? I mean on a personal basis? Seems the Presidents should be asking some difficult questions of the guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our wonderful ACC Comish.- Anyone ever ask Clements

Jun 7, 2015, 6:10 PM

Nothing will happen until the Presidents and AD's step up. The question to me is why their silence?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our wonderful ACC Comish.

Jun 7, 2015, 4:38 PM

It is the job of the ACC commish to look out for the best interest of all the programs in the conference, and you certainly do not expect him to throw his own alma mater under the bus if he does not have to.

I expect him to beat each guilty party

Jun 7, 2015, 6:03 PM

in the same way with the same measuring stick. Anything less is pure agenda.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: I expect him to beat each guilty party

Jun 7, 2015, 9:18 PM

sure, but No AD in any conference is going actively pursue anything that undermines the ability of the conference to earn revenue. My understanding about the story that Swoffy organized a lynch mob against Clemson when he was the AD at UNC is that it is a bogus story, but certainly I have no evidence to base that on. Regardless, he is just a politician and the ACC league members are his constituents. What do you expect?

Your understanding..I have no evidence (of 1981)..

Jun 8, 2015, 12:32 AM

That's because you are too young to have enough life experiences. Cynicism parrotted from an admired crotchety mentor to make yourself seem wordly is a thin veil, little one..

Double standards are obviously slow to accept for Pumpkingtown-like residents like you..

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Would sticking with RayCom be limiting our earning potential

Jun 8, 2015, 1:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I expect him to beat each guilty party ]

as a Conference?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is Germans- I've posted his response before:

Jun 7, 2015, 5:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9BJxFHDYI

Re: Our wonderful ACC Comish.

Jun 7, 2015, 6:00 PM

tomorrow morning is the proper time for swoffie to be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess who was the Atheletic Director at UNC when all this

Jun 8, 2015, 7:50 AM

Crap started.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic