Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
another season without my buddy!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

another season without my buddy!

Aug 18, 2005, 11:07 PM

This will be my third season without my son sitting beside me at the games. I lost him in 2003, he was fourteen. My daughter, which is now fourteen, dosen't care about going to the games with me. That's ok, she wants to be with her horse. I have another game buddy now, my sister's middle daughter, who is also the same age as mine. I miss my son very much. We really enjoyed going to the games. Giving high fives, hollering and cheering for our tigers. If anyone of you has lost a child, i pray for you and cry with you. For everyone of you that have children, love and cherish them, they are priceless. I have a big hole in my heart to prove it. In the morning, before you go to work and the kids go to school, give them a big hug and look at them in the eyes and tell them that you LOVE THEM! Let it come from deep in your heart. Spend all the time that you can with them and enjoy each other. I am sorry that this was so long, i guess that i needed to say this. This goes for anyone, Carolina fans, Aggie fans, just anyone with little buddies. GOD BLESS ALL MY TIGER FRIENDS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW! Instant HOF! Thank you for that.***

Aug 18, 2005, 11:13 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate I cant thumbs up this post more than once.god bless***

Aug 18, 2005, 11:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ditto *****

Aug 19, 2005, 9:52 AM

My heart aches for you buddy! 17 posts 63 points***

Aug 18, 2005, 11:20 PM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flaps? We don't need no stinkin' flaps, let it roll in hard and fast!

Great post, as of now you have 63 points and 17 posts!!!***

Aug 18, 2005, 11:20 PM

Catch me on the Twitter: @ToddMitchum

No parent should ever have...

Aug 18, 2005, 11:21 PM

to attend their child's funeral. There is nothing I can think of in the world that would be more painful. Kudo's to you for being so open about the void that he left, the fact that you are able to talk about it shows your character as a person. I know your son is looking down and smiling knowing that you have such fond memories and love in your heart for him.

Lord bless you and keep you.

"That the Tigers' Roar May Echo, O'er the mountain height."

WOW...that put a lump in my throat

Aug 18, 2005, 11:24 PM

I have a 4 yr who has gone to games with me since he was born (8months old, first game) We almost lost him 2 yrs ago from a choking incident. I still see him not breathing and nothing I can do. thank God the doctors/fireman could save him.

I can only imagine the lost, cause I still shake thinking of my son suffering.

You're correct "little buddies" are the best in the world

God bless you and my prayers go to you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

instant HOF***

Aug 18, 2005, 11:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless***

Aug 19, 2005, 12:19 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: another season without my buddy!

Aug 19, 2005, 12:22 AM

God Bless You, my friend... I have a son whose 13 months and he'll be with me for the first time this season... I'll treasure every moment... THANK YOU

i have never been so moved by a post like that***

Aug 19, 2005, 12:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'm don't have children but I can relate to the feeling you

Aug 19, 2005, 1:20 AM

are having. Lost my mother at 16. Somedays are better than others. Thoughts and prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2005, 1:38 AM

Thank you so much for all of the support, prayers and kind words. I love you all! GOD BLESS ALL MY TIGER FRIENDS!

CompassionateFriends.org - Helpful to visit this site - LINK

Aug 19, 2005, 3:23 AM

and maybe to contact them if you desire

http://www.compassionatefriends.org/

Grief support after the death of a child
The mission of The Compassionate Friends is to assist families toward the positive resolution of grief following the death of a child of any age and to provide information to help others be supportive.

The Compassionate Friends is a national nonprofit, self-help support organization that offers friendship, understanding, and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings. There is no religious affiliation and there are no membership dues or fees.

The secret of TCF's success is simple: As seasoned grievers reach out to the newly bereaved, energy that has been directed inward begins to flow outward and both are helped to heal. The vision of The Compassionate Friends is that everyone who needs us will find us and everyone who finds us will be helped.

Greenville Chapter Website

http://www.tcfofgreenvillesc.org/

Sincerely hope you find some success here

Thoughts are with you....

Aug 19, 2005, 5:40 AM

...my son is close to 3, and almost never got to see a game.

We've been to a few, it's a constant fight...but I'm looking forward to seeing many more with him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

And that, friends, is what's more important...

Aug 19, 2005, 5:54 AM

The people around you will always mean more than the game. It's truly a pity we can't seem to appreciate that until one is taken away.

Lord love you and all those who share your pain.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2005, 8:20 AM

I just wanted to thank you for your post. I'm a big man, 6'2 around 230, but you just brought tears to my eyes. I will take extra time with my boy's tonight. I am so sorry for your pain. Your son was very fortunate, in that he had you as a Father for his time on God's earth.
May God Bless You & your family.

It seems almost funny to me, how a post like yours can make us forget all about this "rivalry."

Aug 19, 2005, 8:30 AM

A TIGER BUDDY EMAILED THIS POST TO ME AND I HAD TO SHED A TEAR AND AND SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU AND MYSELF ALSO,AS I HAVE TWO G CHILDREN THAT I AM SO THANKFUL TO TAKE TO THE GAMECOCK GAMES WITH ME,GOD BLESS, AND OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

God Bless you.

Aug 19, 2005, 9:00 AM

I'm a man of faith. I've spent some time and effort talking to myself, my kids and my family about death, trying to help them see life for what it really is. That said I cannot imagine the depth of grief I'd hit if one of my kids died before I do. My heart goes out to you.

I tell myself and my kids that life is a party God threw for us all. Some of us leave the party early, but we all go home eventually. Enjoy the party and look forward to meeting the ones who went home early when God calls you home. That's shallow, but it's comforting to me and I try to make it a comforting analogy for my kids regarding my own mortality.

I don't think it would work for me if one of my kids died early. The advice you give is solid. Thanks for it.

God Bless you.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't imagine going through that. God Bless***

Aug 19, 2005, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't imagine what you've gone through...my thoughts and

Aug 19, 2005, 10:58 AM

prayers are with you.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic