Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
prayer request/update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

prayer request/update

Mar 31, 2014, 8:03 PM

Hi all. It's been 2 months since mom's stroke and she had a follow up with her rehab dr last week. He isn't seeing the typical recovery that 90% of stroke patients have, and mostly attributes that to the severity of mom's stroke. Her right side still shows no signs of movement and very limited resistance when he moved the arm or leg, which concerned him. However, he said that because her stroke was so large and affected such a large part of the brain, he wouldn't be surprised to see it take up to 6 months for some movement in the leg, and the arm (if it does) will follow later. He also said that speech recovery could take anywhere from 12 to 18 months. This deeply saddened me. My mom loves to talk and has so much she wants to tell us, and I just can't imagine her not being able to talk to me for that long. I am praying her speech comes back faster than he anticipates. It is one of the reasons I feel the need to go and visit her so often... because in person I can usually figure it out when she is trying to tell me something. Its just not easy on the phone, and she does call and jabber to me often.

Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. She frowned when I mentioned going to the spring game next week, but I told her someone has to go check out Deshaun! And that I can bring her back a full report. That made her smile a little... :D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Prayers for your Mom. you & your family. Hopefully her

Mar 31, 2014, 8:13 PM

recovery will be much faster than projected.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent ...***

Mar 31, 2014, 8:14 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Mar 31, 2014, 8:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: prayer request/update

Mar 31, 2014, 8:19 PM

yep been praying for you all and will continue

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Mar 31, 2014, 8:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Prayers for your Mom's recovery and for you too !***

Mar 31, 2014, 9:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers continue for all of you.

Mar 31, 2014, 9:16 PM

You and your mom set a great example of how families should support each other. God bless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2014, 9:31 PM

Prayers for healing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

****Done!***

Mar 31, 2014, 9:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2014, 9:41 PM

May GOD bid your MOM a SPEEDY RECOVERY.

Prayer sent. Thanks for update.***

Mar 31, 2014, 9:49 PM

Mar 31, 2014, 11:56 PM

Continued PRAYERS from Texas!
Thanks so much for the update...
Blessings and Peace to ya'll as you travel this road of recovery.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying, stay strong***

Apr 1, 2014, 12:22 AM

Continuing to keep your Mother and you in my thoughts,

Apr 1, 2014, 5:41 AM

Suzi.

Your dedication and support are, no doubt, a magnificent source of inspiration to your Mother...and us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got it!***

Apr 1, 2014, 7:04 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers your way***

Apr 1, 2014, 8:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hang in there!***

Apr 1, 2014, 11:16 AM

Done***

Apr 1, 2014, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for y'all!***

Apr 1, 2014, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Done Suzi!***

Apr 1, 2014, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done.***

Apr 1, 2014, 12:29 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic